Dr. Yong Kim MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 21st, 2016
Thorough Consult. Extremely knowledgeable. Very friendly. Extensive knowledge.

April 15th, 2015
Dr. Kim gives fantastic great service,considerate and exceptional in aiding his patients I am grateful for his treatment surgery and caring of my general welfare . Great doctor highly recommend.

April 3rd, 2015
Outstanding from the first appointment through recovery. Double disc replacement and was back at work within a week-remarkable all around. Highly recommended.

March 30th, 2015
Long Time Patient - Dr. Kim is AMAZING
Dr. Kim is the most professional and personable doctor I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. I have been under his care for more than 10 years. At a young age, roughly 25, I began experiencing severe pain in my back. I learned that I had Degenerative Disk Disease and multiple herniations. Dr. Kim quickly calmed my nerves with his relaxed and sensitive approach. He took his time with me and explained my condition in great detail, always reassuring me that there were a multitude of non-invasive treatments that he believed would offer me great relief. Dr. Kim dispels the notion that surgeons immediately suggest surgery as the only course of action. Spinal disorders and the pain that comes with them can be debilitating both physically and mentally. Dr. Kim has always been supportive and transparent, never leaving me with unanswered questions - even when there were no definitive answers. He is warm and endlessly reassuring. I always leave his office feeling better, despite any physical pain I may be in. He is one of a kind.

March 21st, 2015
Dr Kim was very helpful ... he made us (me and husband) feel comfortable and did not freak us out... he listen to us and explained the diagnosis very well

March 5th, 2015
I have been a patient of Dr. Kim for over six years. I have never waited more than 5 minutes in his office which is one of the reasons I don't mind driving into Manhattan to see him. Each visit with Dr. Kim is a good experience. He is a caring, qualified professional. Dr. Kim diagnosed my problem then treated me with pain management for a few years. He addressed my ailment and eased the pain I was experiencing. He did not jump into surgery until I suggested after six years that the pain was not getting better any longer and surgery seemed to be my only option. Thank you Dr. Kim for relieving my of the pain I had been experiencing for so long.

March 2nd, 2015
Outstanding advice and care
I was referred to Dr. Kim for a second opinion by a former patient who was very happy with her outcome. Dr. Kim saw me immediately, carefully reviewed my test results and spend a significant amount of time discussing my condition. He was helpful and compassionate, and even took the time to answer all of my wife's questions after the consult. All for a second opinion. I feel confident in his advice and would recommend him to friends.

August 21st, 2012
This doctor does not return phone calls nor does he follow up as he says he will. If he does not feel he can make money off you for surgery, you are a waste of his time.

June 22nd, 2011
The individual who posted negative reviews either attended dr.Kims office on a very bad day or is just a unhappy person. I, personally, have had nothing other than a pleasant experience with Dr.Kim and staff!

May 3rd, 2011
I could not have asked for a better doctor. He was extremely patient in explaining my condition to me and my family. I went into the office with severe pain. He explained to me what conservative treatments I should try before turning to surgery. My back pain is now at a minimum. He's given me a normal life again! His staff was extremely sweet and accommodating. They've always responded to my messages with the utmost care and quickness. I would only trust Dr. Kim with my spine.

November 10th, 2010
my experience was positive
This doctor is efficient, direct and concerned with my level of back pain. He is personable as well as available to talk. I would highly recommend this doctor as well as the office.

October 11th, 2010
Seems to know his stuff, but very poor patient care
Doctor Kim knows the spine, and has a pleasant personality. However, he always seems to be rushing. He never calls back when messages are left. I called the office crying from pain from a herniated disc & he didn't call me back. He never once recommended pain management for me, I had to ask for it. There are a few nice receptionists in the office, but none of them seem to really hear what you're asking, and often misinterpret what you say to them. One of them, Christina actually laughed while on the phone with me. Very unprofessional!