Dr. Yong Kim MD Patient Reviews

3.4

• Good
  • Bad

July 27th, 2017
Delivered on all my criteria
I had heard many glowing reports about Dr. Kim and his staff, but I finally had to see for myself. My neighbors, in-laws, and wife praised his name (and staff) so I finally had to go and see for myself. And, you know what? He, and his staff, are worthy of such accolades. He was very thorough in my evaluation and showed me the different paths I could take and the possible results on each path. My cholesterol is not what I would like for it to be so I have a great plan ahead of me to deal with it, thanks to Dr. Kim. Oh, and the staff, every single one of them, are both pleasant and competent. They make you feel important and are grateful for your presence there.

May 12th, 2017
Do NOT be treated by Dr. Kim for ANY depression.

January 18th, 2017
Wonderful staff
Friendly, helpful. They really remember you!

July 13th, 2016
Love this group

January 21st, 2016
Patient
I would give Dr. Kim.a five star ratting on my Dr. - patient relationship. Dr Kim has always treated me and my wife like our health was his top priority and second like we were good friends, I've been to a lot of Doctors due to my health and I can say in all honesty that a relationship with your Doc doesn't happen very often, If you or someone you know is looking for a great Doctor Viet Dr. Kim, you won't have to look for another Doc. anymore.

October 2nd, 2015
Dr. Kim is the best.
Dr. Kim is the best Dr I have seen in years. He takes time with his patients to truly listen to their needs and problems. I really like that. He does not rush u thru your appt. My whole family saw him. With all of my medical problems Dr. Kim was able to treat me and prescribe all of my necessary meds that I take everyday. This way I did not have to go to several Drs. I hate that we have recently moved out of state. Now I am going to have to find a new doctor and I am not sure if anyone will stack up to Dr. Kim. Also the staff is very friendly also.

September 25th, 2015
I used to like Dr. Kim until about a year ago when I became an anxiety sufferer. He put me on all types of bipolar medications when I was only 19 years old that caused me to have to be hospitalized. He prescribes controlled substances way too easily and will convince you that you need them. He always tries to convince you that your symptoms are all in your head and then he tries to put you on an antidepressant when you're actually physically sick, not depressed. If you refuse to take the medicine he prescribes then he will refuse to see you. He has done this to 6 other people I know that have been to him. Do not recommend.

May 25th, 2015
After being a patient for years when Dr Kim wss still building his practice His office refused to see me when I owed a hundred dollar's. They never billed me not once I cslled to make an appt wss told I needed to pay my bill no problem Then his wife who's the office mgr said they couldn't see me anymore

October 2nd, 2013
Went to him for a few years. The first few visits he was nice enough. But recently has changed. Schedules too many patients and pushed me off on the PA. Only refills prescriptions for 90 days. I think his head is getting too big. Staff constantly calling trying to schedule appointments. All he cares about is getting $$$.

August 28th, 2013
dangerous
I saw Dr Kim for several years and I got worse not better. I was over medicated. Plus given prescriptions that the pharmacy refused to fill because they said it could overdose me. I was told to do research before I went back and found Dr.kim was brought before the board in 2005 for the liss of an elderly woman in his care. Then I read the reviews of the brother who took his life while in his care. I related to that review because I was in a lot of medication that turned me upside down felt suicidal. I am now iff all the meds which are mostly psychiatric meds . He is not a psychiatrist . Pkease dont go through what so many of us have research people. You have one life. Make sure you know the background and take lessons learned from others . I Please reseach the doctor and his background. I pray you will kearn from b the reviews that have been written so you do not gobthrough the heartache so many of us have. he was brought before the board for the death of an elderly woman. He gives medication out like your out for halloween. He acts like he is a psychiatrist and takes you off the meds other doctors have given telling you he has something better. I have not gotten better only worse in his care. I finally got with a doctor that took me off everything and for the first time in years I feel better. I was given pills to sleep pills for and pills to stay awake . I read all the reviews and the ones who think he is great I say give it time but if you read the reviews pkease listen take it to heart. I could of lost my life in his care. He gives out pain meds and he mixed mine. The pharmacy would not fill the script because it was unsafe to mix the two. I will not go back to a dr. That will take risk with my life like that. Christina is the other Doctor she is not friendly and you feel like she is judging you. But I think she is safer than Dr.kim. she explains things better. She did mis diagnose a relative. The staff has been nice to me but its nit the staff treating me. Just please do research on this Doctor. I also want to tell the family that lost their brother in his care and the family who lost the elderly woman in his care in2005 my heart and prayers are with them. Kim treated a family member of mine and mixed medications and I almost lost them. Doctors like this should not be in practice. Pkease do your research on the doctor you let take care of your loved ones .

August 25th, 2013
Beware and do research befire making appt.
Dr. Kim was recommended to me but I wish I had researched his background concerning other patients. Dr. Kim. Over medicated me andI got worse Iinstead of better. He is moidy and controlling. He had to had talready face the board for the death of an elderly lady in 2005.plus he treated my mother and she ended up in a hospital from his mixtures of medicine. Funny when he met her asked her if she had accepted christ because she is living on borrowed time. Extremely rude. He also gave me prescriptions that a pharmacy denied to filled plus told me they queztion a lit of scripts he writes do he could of overdosed me overdosed my mother caused death in 2005 plus if u read other surceys someones broyther committed suicide. I veg u do your homework about this Dr. He is not a good dr.if you live and care for family members this is not where you want to be. I feel this Dr. Treats u accordingvto the mood he is in us always felt extremely I uncomfortable there not being a nurse in the room. It becomes your word against his and chriistina his P A is thecrudest meanest and she very unfriendly. But I beg u stay away go to another doctor. This one is truly bad at diagnosis.

April 30th, 2013
Don't do it
His receptionist/wife is blissfully ignorant and degrades you verbally but I honestly think she is just bad with people. His staff...very friendly unless he is not there. Alina has very poor bedside manner and the PA is not too friendly either. I was not shown respect and will not return as he does over medicate and is too touchy. I was started on a lot of meds and cut myself down to the bare minimum, as I am not one for medicating a problem to make it go away. A family doctor should not be so inappropriately personal, giving multiple hugs...awkward.