Yong W Chung MD Patient Reviews

• 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

July 8th, 2011
Nightmare
My mother went to Dr. Yong Chung at his new Garden Grove office, and received the procedure at the hospital next door. It was the WORST experience we ever had. First, Dr. Chung performed colonoscopy on my mother without anesthesia. During the procedure, she screamed in excruciating pain, but he continued nevertheless. No anesthesia offered. When we complained about it afterwards, he expressed that the patient was "supposed" to request for anesthesia. I argued that the doctor shouldn't leave a professional judgment like this to the patient- he became offended and quickly changed the subject. In reality, he was simply trying to make more money by not giving anesthesia. (He gets a flat fee)Also, we noticed that he left the other patients' medical charts open and unfiled in our examine room. We were able to see all the personal details from those charts, e.g. name, date of birth, SS#, diagnoses, etc. Serious HIPAA (privacy) violation! One more example of his incompetency- he failed to notify the hospital of my mother's appointment prior to the colonoscopy. As a result, when my mother arrived that morning, the hospital couldn't find her records and Dr. Chung didn't know why she was there. It took them more than one hour to add the appointment to the schedule.