Dr. Young-Jo Kim MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 7th, 2013
Should not be a doctor
I took my child to see Dr. Kim for a second opinion. I found that he is arrogance and narrow minded. Instead of helping, he belittled my concerns. He viewed two other doctors' opinions as a grain of salt. Even if he is the best surgeon in the city, I WILL NOT bring my daughter to see him again. Because being a great doctor requires a compassionate heart and respect for patients and their families.

November 3rd, 2012
WONDERFUL
Dr. Kim is exceptional! He performed both my PAO's and is extraordinary! He is professional and extremely kind-he goes out of his way for his patients. He changed the quality of my life and I will be forever grateful!

January 25th, 2012
Dr. Kim is an amazing, effective, warm superspecialist
I cannot imagine a more specialized, skilled, and warm ortho surgeon. Dr. Kim is a rare individual whose value cannot be overstated. Plus, I've had nothing but world-class experiences with absolutely everyone attached to his office and OR (especially his PA, Erin). So lucky and happy to have him on my team!

May 18th, 2011
Exceptional MD
Dr. Kim has preformed several complex orthopedic surgeries for our daughter who has a very rare genetic condition that effects the proper development of all her bones. He has done an amazing job in caring for her. Our daughters quality of life has drastically improved over the years as a result of Dr. Kim's extremely talented work. Every time we have called in for even a simple question about post op concerns I always have gotten a call back from him directly within an hour. ~Very Pleased

January 4th, 2011
My biggest regret is having brought my child to this doctor. She suffered greatly under his care. I do not believe he had the expertise needed to properly treat her. Will never go back.

September 10th, 2010
Didn't even take the time to really see what was going on. He seemed to come in with the idea EXACTLY what it was, when I'm pretty positive that's not the problem. My regular orthopedic doctor who is AMAZING does not think that is the problem either. I drove 4 1/2-5 hours just for him to refer me back home for a cortisone injection, which I've already had and it doesn't do anything! They still haven't sent the note to my regular doctor and its been almost 2 months and they've requested it twice now. You couldn't pay me to go back to him. Absolutely horrible experience.

September 1st, 2010
Unbelievable rude staff
When I called and tried to get an appt, first they wouldn't return my call. After multiple messages, I finally got through only to be told that you can't schedule an appt with Dr. Kim -- first you have to send them all your doctor notes and test, then one of his jr. associates reviews it with him and they decide if they are interested in seeing you. I can only imagine what he is like if his staff is any inidication -- how rude to be told that you have to pass their scrutinity for them to decide if they are interested in seeing you. When I asked if I should send an email or letter indicating why I wanted to be seen, they acted like it was such a bother. I wouldn't go to this doctor if he were the last one on the planet.

March 23rd, 2009
Extremely Impressed
I think that Dr. Kim is an EXCELLENT Doctor. I have a bad hip & I have been to MANY doctors forr this problem, They all told me that nothing was wrong, and others said that i needed a hip replacement, BUT I WAS TO YOUNG, & would have to wait (meanwhile i am in A LOT of pain, and only getting worse by the day.) Then i we refered to an OUTSTANDING doctor here in Rutland VT, he took one look at my hip & x-rays and found the problem, however he was not able to fix it, so he sent me to Dr.Kim. He took the time to really sit & talk to me. He told me what was going to happen in surgery, and answered all my questions (& my Mom's) I was VERY IMPRESSED with Dr. Kim, his "bed side manor",& his compasion! i am haveing surgery on 3-25, & i am very comfortable knowing he is doing my surgery!! He is one of the only Dr's that have made me comfortable & educated of what is going to happen. So to sum it up... THANK YOU!!!!