Dr. Young Tran MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.5

May 6th, 2014
Unprofessional
Advance Surgeons Medical Group, Inc provided me with the most frustrating doctor’s office visit of my life. The best way to describe my interaction with the medical group’s office staff after my visit would be calling it horrifyingly unprofessional. I made my initial appointment with Dr. Kenneth Sim, regarding an umbilical hernia, because he was covered by my insurance and recommended by my regular physician. When I arrived for my appointment the receptionist said they had no record of my insurance information, which I offered to give the person I spoke with when I made my appointment. At that time I was told they would gather my insurance information when I showed up for my appointment. This seems to be the standard procedure I’ve been following for the past 4 decades in professional environments. The receptionist I was now talking to told me that I should have faxed that information and that I’d have to reschedule. I explained that I shouldn’t have to reschedule due to no fault of my own, and explained that before negating my appointment, the professional thing would have been to call me and request the information, the ‘left hand’ had no need for. But no, they don’t do things that way. I finally convinced the receptionist that I’d rather find another doctor rather than reschedule, so she managed to find a spot for me. Unfortunately, that spot was with Dr. Bob Wu, a doctor who didn’t even bother to introduce himself to me, when we first met... over TWO and ONE HALF hours after my appointment time. After a quick exam the nameless doctor told me they would check with my insurance and schedule me for surgery in the facility downstairs, for an umbilical hernia if there were no problems. I then asked the doctor who he was, and was given a card and sent on my, way under the false belief that they would get back to me. After about a week I called to check on the status of my insurance to be told that Dr. Wu wasn’t covered. I asked why they didn’t contact me as they said they would and was given an answer that was far from reassuring. I reminded to the receptionist that I had meant to see Dr. Kenneth Sim who WAS covered by my insurance. They told me that they would contact my insurance provider again, then call me back. I asked if I could call to check with them, and was told that wouldn’t be convenient for them, and I should just wait for them to call me. Today, after a five day wait I called the Advance Surgeons Medical Group and was told that they were too busy waiting on patients to help me with my question and that I should call back another day when they weren’t as busy. I explained that I too was a patient. …a patient who waited 2 and ½ hours to see the wrong doctor for 3 minutes. A PATIENT who was hoping they would update me on the status of their inquiry with the insurance company. The person I was speaking with told me the person who can access my records was busy with a patient, and that I should call back tomorrow and hung up. I called back to let the person I was speaking with that I was now quite upset and if they weren’t able to give me the information I needed within the next 24 hours I would make it my mission to write honest reviews on Drs. Sim and Wu’s quality of office professionalism, which probably reflects on their professional skills. I’ve already wasted a few hours and bucks on these people, so why not spend some time venting, about these negative experiences? When I made this call, I explained my situation and was given the old, “Well, who told you that then?” I then asked the person I was speaking with what her name was, since it appears it’s necessary to take names and notes when dealing with this office when people start playing dumb. She said her name was Joyce, and that my records show that I visited the office, but no inquiries were made of my insurance company. I decided that there was no way in the world I’d be allowing anyone from this medical group open me up with a knife since they seemed to value the document I signed, stating that I wouldn’t sue, more than they value me as a patient and human being. It’s possible that Dr. Sim is just as good as my physician (who recommended him) said he is, but that means nothing to me, since I’ll not be dealing with him or his incompetent staff ever again. Perhaps it’s unfair to call his staff incompetent. Perhaps they do have the ability to preform their jobs, but just don’t care. Or perhaps, the practice is so severely understaffed that they can’t possibly render patient care of the quality one should expect in a developed country.

January 28th, 2011
Wait times at his office are ridiculous, up to 2 and a half hours and his follow up after surgery was really bad. He didn't know how to diagnose me and took out my appendix although my appendix was perfect and not the cause of my illness. If I had known this, I wouldn't have picked him

March 19th, 2010
Incompetent
Just another Asian surgeon that pretends to know what he's doing but doesn't actually know jack. Ordered a ton of unnecessary tests to make money off of me, horrible bedside manners, showing up whenever he wanted, talking down to me and he lied to me about how my scars would turn out.