Overall Review

August 5th, 2015
Excellent service great team
Dr. Ahmed and his staff have always been a pleasant team to work with. We had been using another physician for many years for my children's primary care. Our youngest constantly struggled with inner ear issues and thought we were getting the best care. Insurance changes led me to Dr. Ahmed who immediately diagnosed/resolved the problems with our very 1st visit and determined that our original physician wasn't doing his job. Since that day no more ear problems! I will always take my family and recommend Dr. Ahmed to all of my friends/family with young children! They are the best all the way around!

April 14th, 2015
MD was compassionate. Used easily understandable metaphors and terminology for my 10 year old to understand.

April 10th, 2015
Great Dr... but... Long Wait Time
I love Dr Ahmed. I have been taking my 3 yo son to his office since birth. Our office visits were for routine checkups, shots, or cold/allergy issues... nothing major. Ahmed had excellent bedside manner with my child. My husband and I are first time parents and Ahmed answered all the questions we asked. We never felt rushed. But I suppose that is what creates our biggest problem with his office... the long wait times. Every office visit we encountered a minimum of an hour wait in the lobby... and then close to another hour wait in the exam room. When I was a stay at home mom the wait was just an annoyance I was willing to put up with for a good doctor. But now that I am back at work, my husband and I are torn because we love Ahmed but don't have time to spare for the excessive wait times. We went ahead and sadly changed my son's PCP. Ahmed is 5star, wait time is 1star... so overall rating 3star

February 25th, 2015
Love this doctor !!!
My oldest son has been with doctor Ahmed since birth, he is almost 7. My youngest son is now 3 & he's also been with him since birth. I love doctor Ahmed ! He's awesome. I read other reviews about him prescribing the same medicine to children & some medicines have multiple uses & purposes. It's nothing to be so dramatic about. If you do not agree with his diagnosis & prescriptions then go get another opinion.

February 5th, 2014
Great Doctor
My toddler has been going to Dr. Ahmed for about 2 years now. He came highly recommended from staff at my son's daycare after our orignal pediatrician stopped accepting our insurance. My son had RSV at 6 weeks, was diagnosed with seasonal allergies (by the old dr) and was sick nearly every single month after that with either an ear infection, sinus infection or an upper respitory issue. After several vistis for the ear infections we sat in the exam room and after hearing my soon wheezing he was immediately diagnosed with Asthma and put on several different kinds of medication that helped and gave him immediate relief. After a few more ear infections we were sent to an ENT who removed my son's tonsils, adenoid glands and put tubes in his ears in Oct 2013. Since then we have been able to cut out most of the medication and my son has not been sick since! I have read the reviews from the parents that complain that he puts the kids on all the same med, and while that is concerning, I think he made the correct call with my little guy. The wait times are long but use that as an oppurtunity to bond with your child instead of complaining about it! When have you ever gone to the doctor and not had to wait?! The staff at the counter can be a bit rude but so can the cashier at the grocery store, get over it! I trust Dr. Ahmed with my son, I love the way he interacts with him on his level and will make sure that he answers any questions or concerns I have before I leave the office. I have 2 other boys who have insurance through my ex and I have switched them to Dr. Ahmed's office as well.

May 2nd, 2013
Prescribes asthma/allergy medicine to ALL kids! WTF?!?!
Dr. Ahmed was one of the first pediatricians listed on my insurance webpage when it came time to select a PCP for my children. I did a brief google search and saw he had decent reviews, so I decided to move forward with him. On our first appointment, I noticed immediately that the waiting area seemed a bit run down - older feeling, I guess you can say. The same thing can be said about the actual patient rooms the doctor see's the children in. There are no books or anything for the children to keep them busy during the long wait. After a few visits, our average wait time, with an appointment is 35-40 minutes! Unacceptable! Especially with small children. Once you do get called into the back, a nurse will start the initial assessment and then you are expected to wait an additional 15 minutes for Dr. Ahmed to come in and see your children. He himself is warm and kind. However, his demeanor when questioning you about the children is almost like he's talking down to you. I didn't appreciate that. I expected that maybe it had to do with our cultural differences and basic lack of ability to communicate clearly and effectively. I was willing to try and not let it bother me. His visit with my children each time was brief about 10 minutes. Quick check of the ear, nose, mouth, tummy and then his diagnosis. I questioned his diagnosis as it didn't make sense to me, but since he is the doctor I decided to trust his judgement. He called in a prescription for me and was gone. I picked up the prescription and after reading all the material realized that the 3 prescriptions Nasonex, Cingulair, and another related to "asthma". My child went in with an ear ache and a cough! We tried the medication for 2 weeks without any change and stopped them immediately. I bought some OTC medicine and they got better. Go back again for another sick visit and after a 10 minute assessment from Dr. Ahmed it's now my child's Adenoid Gland and Tonsils. I told Dr. Ahmed I suspected an ear infection, since my child is prone to these and was complaining about ear pain again. He insisted it wasn't and prescribed steroids, inhaler, Zyrtec, and Cingulair again. My sister came over and after discussion we realized that our children were on the same exact medication! Inhaler, Zyrtec, Cingulair, and the Asthma one... how is this possible?!?! Our children are years apart! They do not live together and have completely different symptoms! OMG!!!! He's got my children on a concoction of medication that make no sense. My child is still sick and it's been 3 weeks!!! I already called to switch Drs today and decided I needed to write this review so you can make the best decision for your children. The nursing staff at this location is rude. They do not smile nor engage the children. They will sit huddled around talking their daily gossip, sharing photos on their phones and will ignore you if you are standing at the checkin window. I had this happen to me on my 2nd visit and the girl sitting behind the glass had the odasity to close the window on my face even though I had been standing there waiting for her to talk to me. The other thing that really bothered me about this place is not once did they ask to view my children's medical records or request their medical transcript from their other pediatrician. We are from out of state and our children went to the same pediatrician since birth! How could they not even request their medical records?!?!? I'd recommend to go elsewhere... keep searching.... don't even waste your time here.

May 2nd, 2013
Comment Below is so right on!
Everything the comment below mentions about, Inhalers, Antibiotics, Allergies, Ear Infections is exactly what me and my sister were JUST talking about. I have a 1 yr old son who has been having a cough because of mucus stuck in his throat - he prescribed me nothing but inhalers and asthma medicines?? Even the pharmacist at walgreens wasnt understanding why the dr prescribed 4 diff kinds of asthma medicine to him if he just had mucus stuck.And he always gives me medicine for his ear saying he has a ear infection - My sister has 6 yr old daughter who happened to get all the same stuff as i did!! My sis gave her the inhaler to use and my niece wouldnt stop shaking! And the staff is so rude and the wait time is ridiculous to get seen EVEN with an appointment.

March 12th, 2013
This Doctor better HOPE he is right every time he just assumes every runny nose and green and yellow sinus drainage is only 'allergies' or 'asthma'. He better also HOPE all the antihistamines and inhalers he prescribes for DAILY USE don't severely harm someone's baby, as all medications have side effects and potential for serious harm. Long term daily use of a medication that wasn't needed in the first place is NOT smart medicine. This doctor better also hope he is ALWAYS RIGHT when assuming that a child does not need antibiotics....as there are some bacteria that can be VERY harmful when allowed to multiply unchecked. This Doctor stated that he has treated in 5 other Countries. Do you know that in some Countries many children die before the age of 5 because they do not have access to medications that could have saved them? This Doctor needs to stop placing children in one category, and making assumptions about lifestyles he obviously knows nothing about. This Doctor MIGHT be right about a thousand children he diagnoses...but what about the one he doesn't?

September 12th, 2012
Staff is very nice, also Dr. Ahmed is amazing with children:) he takes his time with them and sees them grow

April 24th, 2012
Other than the wait time. I adore Dr Ahmed! He is so thorough. He takes his time listening and finding the solution to the problem. The nurse Carmen is amzing! They all have great bedside manner.

October 16th, 2010
Great doc
I am so happy to have finally found a great pediatrician. I have been through at least five until I found Dr. Ahmed. He is wonderful and you can trust that he will take excellent care of your children.

March 26th, 2010
wait is a tad long so make an early apt. he is amazing!!!!!