inactive

Youyin Choy MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

June 13th, 2014
OK as long as you are in 100% A-1 health
_ After a short wait in the reception area, there is a long wait alone and undressed in the exam room. _ Dr. Choy missed on a critical diagnosis - whether due to doing a superficial job, or being an untalented physician, I do not know. – The office is disorganized and follow-through/follow-up is a big problem - whether due to her moving locations all week, not paying attention or not being truly invested in her patients welfare, I do not know. – In the exam room, she does not ask enough or appropriate questions. She is friendly but not entirely professional.

September 28th, 2011
Great practice, terrible OB
The group Dr. Choy practices in is made up of a number of OBGYNs -- although you have your own OB throughout your pregnancy, it's luck of the draw when it comes to delivery time. I had one of her colleagues as my OBGYN for over 7 years and LOVED her. The office Dr. Choy practices in is staffed with very helpful people and the environment is pleasant. However, following my truly awful childbirth experience with Dr. Choy (who was on duty the night I gave birth), I sadly had to leave the practice. It is a testament to how horrifying my experience with Dr. Choy was that I would choose to leave a practice I was loyal to for so long because of the 1-in-5 chance that I might encounter her again. She was an absolute bully -- both during our meeting prior to my due date, when she told me I would be "ridiculous" not to induce labor if the baby came even a day late, and during the delivery itself, when she screamed at me for "not pushing right" and "not trying hard enough" and played mindgames with me and my husband about whether she'd be forced to give me a C-section (as a way to get me to push correctly, I guess). There's more to it than that, of course, but the most telling detail, to me, is that after she left the room declaring "this was the most difficult delivery in all my years of practice!", we never saw her again -- even after my baby was admitted to the NICU 36 hours later for issues that she had missed post-delivery. The fact that her name is on my baby's birth certificate makes me incredibly sad -- she does not deserve that honor. I have no doubt that she is a fine GYN, but I truly feel sorry for anyone who has to deliver with her (or at Beth Israel).