A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Yu-Min Shen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Yu-Min Shen, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Pulmonary Embolism
- von Willebrand Disease
Education & Awards
Dr. Shen graduated from University of California at San Diego, La Jolla. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Shen has 10 hospital affiliations:
- UT Southwestern University Hospital - Zale Lipshy
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 14 plans
- Unicare - 10 plans
- Humana - 14 plans
- Cigna - 7 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans