Dr. Yuan-Da Fan MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology San Francisco, CA

March 21st, 2011
Dr. Fan is one of the best doctors that I have been seening in last 15 years of my life. He is a sweet guy. He is always attentive to my needs/questions/concerns.He saved both my daughter and myself life when I had a complcated and unstable delivery. I would highly recommend Dr. Fan to someone who are looking for honestly, skillful and accurated physician.

January 31st, 2011
Dr Fan may be a good doctor on the medical side, but personally I prefer a different kind of interaction. I first saw Dr Fan a few days after I'd had a miscarriage during my first pregnancy. I was kept waiting 45 minutes after my scheduled appointment time, but was then treated in less than 3 minutes (I looked at my watch). I was expecting to spend a while in his treatment room asking questions, giving him my previous ob/gyn medical history (I'm British and my records are still in the UK), trying to find out if my approach to my health during pregnancy had been OK, and getting reassured that everything was now alright with my insides. Instead, he wasn't listening to my questions but talking over the top of them. After rushing in and performing a very quick ultrasound exam, while talking constantly, he dashed back out of the room. I continued to lie on the treatment bed because I assumed he was coming back. After about five minutes I got dressed and went to reception, where I was presented with the bill for $180 (I have a foreign insurer and have to reclaim it myself). So far, so strange. A few months later, I decided to give him another chance. Pregnant again, I went back but got the same deal - a 45 minute wait, and then a quick ultrasound in which he couldn't see very much since it was apparently too early. After just a couple of minutes, he told me to make an appointment later in the month and seemed to be about to leave. I asked why he wasn't planning to do the standard blood tests and general health check that characterises a normal first pregnancy appointment. He told me that I'd come too early in the pregnancy for him to do anything (why didn't they tell me this on the phone, when I booked the appointment, before I took the afternoon off work and travelled across town?) Since I was several weeks into the pregnancy, and now have a history of miscarriage, this response was a bit confusing. I wanted to ask questions about the brand of pre-natal supplements I was taking (are they safe?), and discuss whether I was doing the right things to try and maintain this pregnancy (I'm obviously worried that I'll have another miscarriage). He answered those questions, but by this time I'd followed him into the corridor, and I had to keep saying "hang on please - I'd like to ask you about ....". So again I got the impression that he was in a massive hurry and couldn't wait to hustle me out of the door. Again I then received a $180 bill for a 3-minute appointment. Dr Fan seems to be a genuinely kind and pleasant man, and his style may be fine for many folks - but personally when it comes to my obstetric health, I prefer not to feel as if I'm on a factory production line. I'm switching to another doctor.

January 11th, 2010
Dr. Fan was new to his practice when I met him. As an RN on the oncology floor, one of his pts was admitted and being followed by the onc team. Dr. Fan was there daily to check on her, as a courtesy, was kind and pleasant to those of us taking care of her. I was impressed and for that reason chose him for my ob gyn. He is smart, caring, approachable and easy to contact. Dr. Fan followed me through 3 births.