Dr. Yuliya Rekhtman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

August 1st, 2016
The doctor is first rate all the way, including experience, ability to diagnose, knowledge, professionalism, and bedside manner. However, she closed her private office in Rockville and only works out of Georgetown Hospital Pediatric Gastroenterology now. The latter is a large bureaucracy, and is non-responsible to the point of being dysfunctional when you need to schedule and appointment, or obtain records, prescription refill, or need anything at all. Phone hold times of a half hour are not uncommon here and even once you get through, good luck getting what you need! The worst of the worst! One wonders whether the doctors have any idea how badly the patients are treated by this system. Do they ever try to dial their own patient phone numbers to check? If my son were not ready to graduate to an adult GI doctor, we would leave this practice anyway. They are impossible to deal with. In short, one of the best doctors you could hope to find, but the bureaucracy makes her services unreliable in terms of availability and getting needs met. Go somewhere else!

September 4th, 2013
Nice Bedside Manner
Dr. Rekhtman is a very kind physician, and my kids adore here. This may sound awkward, but so be it. My 13 year old was mortified when he needed a rectal exam (remember when you were a teenager). But she handled it very appropriately, and made him laugh as I left the room. No joke. I was very impressed with her professionalism. Excellent doctor.

September 3rd, 2013
Dr. Rekhtman Is Outstanding
Dr. Rekhtman is outstanding. In addition to being very knowledgeable, her bedside manner with our son made him very comfortable. Good doctor, good office staff. An overall very positive experience. We would highly recommend her. All doctors and offices should be run like this.

August 1st, 2013
She is not professional, does not address parent's appropriately. I would not recommend this doctor to my friend and to anybody.

August 1st, 2013
Great Doctor for My Child's Stomach Issues
Dr. Rekhtman is a great physician. She's helped my kids for several years, and is very professional. She also has a very good bedside manner. I'm very happy with her, and highly recommend her as a physician to anyone who has a sick child.

July 10th, 2013
She's the best of the best
After six years of seeing doctors for ongoing GI problems, Dr. Rekhtman was the first not only to help significantly, but to put 100% of her focus and care into solving the problem. Her tremendous knowledge allows her to take in the entire picture and get to the root of the problem. After only 3 years, I went from chronic discomfort to virtually symptom-free. She's the best of the best.

June 13th, 2013
Incredible Doctor. Highly Recommend Her!
Doctor Rekhtman treated my two children, both of whom are teenagers and had stomach pain that persisted. She is very nice, always followed up, and has a great bedside manner. For me, her Sunday hours made things easy (I'm not sure whether this would work for everyone). I personally have only had positive experiences with her, and I highly recommend her. I think my kids would recommend her also. I am impressed by her medical ability. My kids think that she's "cool."

June 13th, 2013
Great experience!
Dr. Rekhtman was great with my kids. They've both been sick multiple times over the years and she always treats whatever ails them and has them in and out of the office quickly! I've NEVER had a problem with waiting times. The office staff could always could be a little friendlier, but they're far from mean. My family won't be changing doctors anytime soon!

June 5th, 2013
Excellent Doctor - Helped My 15yo Son Big Time!
Doctor Rekhtman is awesome. My son had been suffering from stomach problems for 4 years, and had been to another doctor. Doctor R made the decision to perform an endoscopy. She has an amazing bedside manner, and explained everything to my son (and me). She followed up after the endoscopy, and within a few months, my son was doing great. I'm incredibly happy with Doctor Rekhtman. She's amazing.

November 13th, 2012
Dr. Rekhtman has been absolutely wonderful in the 3 years she has been working with my teenaged son. She has gone above and beyond to put him at ease as he has faced uncomfortable tests. She has been extremely thorough in both her own tests as well as referring my son for additional testing. Her office hours are extremely accessible for busy, working parents, and she has responded quickly for medication requests and documents needed for medication administration for camp/school. Throughout our journey in diagnosing and then treating my son's illness, Dr. Rekhtman has been very forthcoming with information and has "laid down the law" with my son as to what he needs to do to keep himself well while also understanding the realities of being a teenager. My son will be 18 next year, adn he is sad at the prospect of having to transition to an "adult" gastroenterologist. I am extremely thankful for everything she has done for us! We love her!

June 2nd, 2012
Bedside manner abhorrent, disrepectful to staff. Loud and unprofessional, doesn't address parent's appropriately, when asked any questions always yells "I'll GET TO IT WHEN I GET TO IT", absolutely poor patient care and interaction.

March 25th, 2012
So far; excellent
Dr. Rekhtman was warm, caring, intelligent, and honest. Her treatment plan is thoughtful, and logical. She connected very well with my 16 year old daughter, and with me. Would absolutely recommend her!