Dr. Yuliya Rekhtman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Yuliya Rekhtman?

August 1st, 2016

The doctor is first rate all the way, including experience, ability to diagnose, knowledge, professionalism, and bedside manner. However, she closed her private office in Rockville and only works out of Georgetown Hospital Pediatric Gastroenterology now. The latter is a large bureaucracy, and is non-responsible to the point of being dysfunctional when you need to schedule and appointment, or obtain records, prescription refill, or need anything at all. Phone hold times of a half hour are not uncommon here and even once you get through, good luck getting what you need! The worst of the worst! One wonders whether the doctors have any idea how badly the patients are treated by this system. Do they ever try to dial their own patient phone numbers to check? If my son were not ready to graduate to an adult GI doctor, we would leave this practice anyway. They are impossible to deal with. In short, one of the best doctors you could hope to find, but the bureaucracy makes her services unreliable in terms of availability and getting needs met. Go somewhere else!

September 4th, 2013

Nice Bedside Manner

Dr. Rekhtman is a very kind physician, and my kids adore here. This may sound awkward, but so be it. My 13 year old was mortified when he needed a rectal exam (remember when you were a teenager). But she handled it very appropriately, and made him laugh as I left the room. No joke. I was very impressed with her professionalism. Excellent doctor.

September 3rd, 2013

Dr. Rekhtman Is Outstanding

Dr. Rekhtman is outstanding. In addition to being very knowledgeable, her bedside manner with our son made him very comfortable. Good doctor, good office staff. An overall very positive experience. We would highly recommend her. All doctors and offices should be run like this.

August 2nd, 2013

She is not professional, does not address parent's appropriately. I would not recommend this doctor to my friend and to anybody.

August 1st, 2013

Great Doctor for My Child's Stomach Issues

Dr. Rekhtman is a great physician. She's helped my kids for several years, and is very professional. She also has a very good bedside manner. I'm very happy with her, and highly recommend her as a physician to anyone who has a sick child.

June 13th, 2013

Incredible Doctor. Highly Recommend Her!

Doctor Rekhtman treated my two children, both of whom are teenagers and had stomach pain that persisted. She is very nice, always followed up, and has a great bedside manner. For me, her Sunday hours made things easy (I'm not sure whether this would work for everyone). I personally have only had positive experiences with her, and I highly recommend her. I think my kids would recommend her also. I am impressed by her medical ability. My kids think that she's "cool."

June 13th, 2013

Great experience!

Dr. Rekhtman was great with my kids. They've both been sick multiple times over the years and she always treats whatever ails them and has them in and out of the office quickly! I've NEVER had a problem with waiting times. The office staff could always could be a little friendlier, but they're far from mean. My family won't be changing doctors anytime soon!

June 5th, 2013

Excellent Doctor - Helped My 15yo Son Big Time!

Doctor Rekhtman is awesome. My son had been suffering from stomach problems for 4 years, and had been to another doctor. Doctor R made the decision to perform an endoscopy. She has an amazing bedside manner, and explained everything to my son (and me). She followed up after the endoscopy, and within a few months, my son was doing great. I'm incredibly happy with Doctor Rekhtman. She's amazing.

November 13th, 2012

Dr. Rekhtman has been absolutely wonderful in the 3 years she has been working with my teenaged son. She has gone above and beyond to put him at ease as he has faced uncomfortable tests. She has been extremely thorough in both her own tests as well as referring my son for additional testing. Her office hours are extremely accessible for busy, working parents, and she has responded quickly for medication requests and documents needed for medication administration for camp/school. Throughout our journey in diagnosing and then treating my son's illness, Dr. Rekhtman has been very forthcoming with information and has "laid down the law" with my son as to what he needs to do to keep himself well while also understanding the realities of being a teenager. My son will be 18 next year, adn he is sad at the prospect of having to transition to an "adult" gastroenterologist. I am extremely thankful for everything she has done for us! We love her!

June 2nd, 2012

Bedside manner abhorrent, disrepectful to staff. Loud and unprofessional, doesn't address parent's appropriately, when asked any questions always yells "I'll GET TO IT WHEN I GET TO IT", absolutely poor patient care and interaction.

March 25th, 2012

So far; excellent

Dr. Rekhtman was warm, caring, intelligent, and honest. Her treatment plan is thoughtful, and logical. She connected very well with my 16 year old daughter, and with me. Would absolutely recommend her!

March 25th, 2011

Excellent doctor

We were referred to Dr. Rekhtman by our pediatrician. After months of trying to figure out why she was having stomach troubles, Dr. Rekhtman diagnosed her with milk protein sensitivity, put her on a new formula, and our baby could not have been happier. In addition, Dr. Rekhtman was available several times by email when I had questions/concerns and has always followed up with us to see how the baby is doing. We are so grateful to her for the care she has provided our daughter, and the attention she has given to us. We would recommend her to any parent who needs to visit a pediatric GI specialist.