inactive

Yung-In Choi MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

September 14th, 2016
Horrible experience
Met Dr Choi after finding out I have a very small benign tumor. I arrived early only to be sitting and waiting for Dr Choi to finish taking his sweet time typing the notes I had from my primary doctors diagnosis. Time is passing and he is at his computer reading notes and typing on his computer. Im sitting there patiently. LITERALLY 45 minutes passed by and I rushed him in to getting his nurses to help him get more records and stuff entered into his computer all to end up hearing "Ok we need to re take bloodwork". He then proceeds to walk to his next appointment. Now I was FURIOUS, least to say, that I sat there with a million of unanswered questions and for him to only say he wants to re run bloodwork. As an ENDOCRINOLOGIST I expect a SPECIALIST to thoroughly explain to a person who is not a SPECIALIST whats going on hormonally, how it affects my body, my health and my future. Luckily I didn't play dumb for long and explained how I am a licensed professional as well and hearing this from a SPECIALIST is absolutely horrific and degrading to a title of licensed professional and such standard does not belong to someone like his. I think this was a waste of my money, time and the few sentences of words that came out of my mouth during that office visit. I brought this to the attention of the managers and least to say I will never come back to Dr Choi and making sure my primary doctor never refers me or any of his patients to him again. If I wanted to re take bloodwork I could have done that with my primary dr. thats not the answer I was looking for, nor was I looking to waste my time! Meeting Dr Choi has 100% changed my perspective on doctors so much that I literally research every single doctor I meet before I make an appointment because thats how upset I was. My problem was unsolved and I still had very important questions that only a specialist would be able to solve but I wouldn't ever come back to him EVER. Manager called me multiple times to have me email the doctor my questions but knowing how slow he typed and how much he didn't paid ANY attention to anything I said, it would have been years by then. A bad review goes a long long way. Thank you Dr Choi!

October 9th, 2015
ss
it was a horrible experience.I went t him for thryoid...waist of time

December 1st, 2013
Worst and irresponsible doctor ever
This doctor is the worst endocrinologist ever. If you choose this doctor, 1. You need be wait about 20~30 min, even though you are in his office earlier than your appointment. Once, I was waiting him more than 45 min. 2. When you finally see him, he will be rush and spends time less than 5 min. 3. During 5 min, you will get a lecture. You will learn what thyroid stimulating hormone is. Something you would learn in high school bio class or in college which is not the most important. 4. If you are pregnant, he would say to you that 'Oh you know, you are more expert than I am.' What????????? Pregnant woman who has thyroid problem needs special doctor. b/c your baby needs the hormone. If I am a more expert than you are, why should I there!!!!!! 5.Also, He would give you the blood test paper which is not marked.(you have to go back him) Or he will ask you take same blood test more than 3 times before you meet him, but he will give you only one paper which is your blood test lab person will not acceptable. (you need to go back again!!) refill your medicine? He will never ever tell you before you ask. 6. Whatever you ask him and receptionists copies of your medical record, you will not get what you want. You will not get your blood test reports, medicine reports... anything... maybe o.n.e. copy not all you asked. 7. I am not a doctor however, Pregnant woman who has thyroid problem! you should know that your thyroid hormone require different rage in each trimester. If you see him, It would not out of range,(I did not get all my blood test results so maybe some would be out of range) however it will not be the safe? range, (I found out last my blood test result is just bottom line.) He is lazy and irresponsible doctor. Also, His diagnosis is not really accurate compare to my old endocrinologists. I am really regret I do not change the doctor early.

June 25th, 2013
Insulting, degrading doctor.
Dr. Choi was the worst doctor I have ever seen. He said adrenal fatigue doesn't exist, reactive hypoglycemia doesn't exist and he recommended I see a mental health professional. The endocrinologist that properly diagnosed me instructed me how to manage my problem and I am doing great now. The time he did spend with me was insulting me, offending me, and humiliating me. I've never met a more condescending, close-minded doctor. He may be able to help the standard diabetes patient but for something more difficult, he is a disgrace to the medical community. No follow-up at all. I sent a letter to the UCI Patient Relations Dept regarding my awful experience and got no response. During the three years I was suffering with my condition, I have seen many doctors. It turns out I have an over-production of insulin, a blood sugar problem. Dr. Choi, a doctor who specializes in diabetes should have been able to help me. He actually insulted me several times. Unbelievable this man thinks this is an appropriate way to treat patients. From the reviews I read about him, he can diagnose standard diabetes .... well what endocrinologist can't? But if your problem isn't standard fare for him, don't waste your time, or dignity with this man. Horrible, horrible doctor. He should retire unless he is going to update himself on the most recent findings among medical conditions. There is no excuse for him not being able to properly treat a blood sugar problem. That is his job!

November 21st, 2011
He does not rush you!He listens and cares.

September 13th, 2010
This is one of the best Endocrinologists i have ever seen, i saw a Dr. Archana Bindra. at UCLA and she spent a less than 5 minutes with me, the personality of a chained pitbull, Dr Choi was beyond courteous and explained everything in detail and actually checked my thyroid unlike Dr. Archana Bindra. <<< DO NOT waste your time on this doctor, Dr. Choi is the man of the hour