Dr. Yung Chen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

November 7th, 2013
Experienced Doctor who knows what he is doing!
Dr. Yung Chen, MD was the answer to my chronic back pain of 10 years! He was very knowledgeable and explained my diagnosis in great details. With his combination of conservative treatments, I was back playing baseball in no time. Thank you Dr. Chen and your friendly staff for all that you have done! Definitely recommend him to everyone!

April 19th, 2013
Rude
Incompetent staff and off-putting bedside manner.

October 4th, 2012
Disappointing & unprofessional
Doctor Chen is extremely arrogant & his staff are all young stuck up ladies who think they are better cause they have a uniform on. I was treated with a cold pad that felt like sweat and fell off instantly.

July 11th, 2011
Doctor who doesn't care about patients, just numbers
On my first visit, Dr Chen did all the talking telling me my best course of action was injections vs surgery, that I was too young to have surgery and it wasn't even an option at this point. Great news I thought. On my second visit, minutes before the injection, his recommendation had taken a complete 180 as if the first office visit never happened. He was referring me to a surgeon. Very puzzled I asked why the sudden change and his response was, "I don't want to argue with you." Not sure what to think at this point I went through with the injection and saw him a few more times. After each appointment I left very confused and frustrated. I never got an answer to any of my questions, he was merely defensive and rude, never made any sense, always changing his course of action with no reason (just the simple fact that you asked a question, now the treatment will change?). I read reviews on yelp and a few people have had similar experiences. He is very arrogant, condescending and very defensive, which I guess if you don't have answers to questions it's a great way to deflect. Even when asked about which office it would be best to turn in paper work to his response was, "I'm a DOCTOR, I don't DO paperwork." Rude, rude, rude.

January 25th, 2011
Hold on to your chairs ladies and gentlemen! This doctor and his "Spine Girls" as they are affectionately referred to, are all gorgeous!If looks don't turn your heads, professionalism of the staff and Dr. Chen's ability to bond with you almost immediately, will certainly put you at ease. His years of experience help him hone in on your pain problems and come up with the least harmful forms of management.I can't praise Dr. Chen enough. No wonder he was voted Doctor of the Year!