Dr. Yung Cho Is this you?

2.6

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Yung Cho?

Horrible

Posted on February 12th, 2015

I was seen right away which was great. I have a cyst on my left hand that has been bothering me. Dr. Cho came in took a look touched it and said he can't do anything. That whatever I am doing is causing me discomfort. That he could give me a cortisone shot but does not recommend it and if I want it. I need to get it another day. That he does not like to give shots like that. I asked about possible nerve damage if left untreated and he said don't worry about it. I asked for an MRI and he said I would just be wasting my time. I informed him I have had this for 2 years and it's causing a lot of issues in my day to day activities. He said I need to change my day to day activities. He probably spent no more than 8-10 minutes with me. Basically he said it's my fault I have pain not my cyst which is clearly visible.

Efficient and professional

Posted on January 23rd, 2015

Standard wait time, nice staff, easy to make appts., nice demeanor from doc. Very helpful getting necessary procedures and paperwork done without asking for it. Looking forward to hip replacement surgery .

Horrible doc

Posted on September 3rd, 2014

I saw Dr Cho and he is just a horrible person. He thinks he is in China and not US.

patient

Posted on May 3rd, 2014

I had knee surgery with him and everything was a very good experience. This was my second knee surgery and the first one was the most painful experience that I had in my life(worse then having one of my kids) his rehab team was great and I was walking without device in less then a month, I'm very lucky to have doctor Cho as my orthopedic doctor.

Better than expected

Posted on October 27th, 2012

After reading the mostly unfavorable reviews of Dr. Cho, I was rather anxious about visiting him.I had injured my left knee two months previously and figured it was a ligament tear. But healing was very slow and I continued to experience pain and inability to walk much.Perhaps because I am an older (60s) female and as tall as the doctor (!) and was the first appointment of the day, I had a pretty good experience with Dr. Cho. He greeted me, looked at my x-rays from an Urgent Care, palpated my knee, and diagnosed a torn meniscus. He also said I had the beginnings of arthritis as well. He injected a cortico-steroid drug into the knee very skillfully and painlessly, and told me it would either help me a great deal or not at all, and to see him again in two months. If I had not improved, he could do arthroscopic surgery to clean out the joint. He answered some questions I had, asked if I needed pain medication (I already had some), and wished me a good day. The steroid has already benefited me and I had a pain-free night. I feel a lot better, and I'll see how it goes over the next couple of months, and try to update then.

very rude doctor

Posted on March 26th, 2012

extremely rude also talking to me as if i were illiterate need to develop bed side manners

Patient' sister

Posted on March 24th, 2010

I thought this doctor was horrible too. When the doctor walked into the room, he didn't tell us who he was, no name or even eye contact. He just talked like if we were idiots. He just kept looking at the x-rays and barely looked at us. When Dr. Cho explained to us what equipment we needed for my brother's leg, Dr. Cho said, "This equipment is expensive! I don't know if you want to get it but it's your choice!" We paid he's consult of $220!! The equipment was only $80. If you think a doctor should look at you and be nice, don't go to Dr. Cho, you will end up disappointed.

Re: G Smith's Rating

Posted on February 25th, 2010

Thank you G Smith for your helpful rating!!! I was searching the internet for a orthopedic surgeon and came across Dr. Cho's name. Up until now, I was considering Dr. Cho for my much needed upcoming surgery. But after reading your honest and unbiased review, I WILL NOT be considering Dr. Cho as a candidate anymore - THANK YOU SO MUCH!

DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR

Posted on August 12th, 2009

Dr. Yung R. Cho is the absolute worst doctor I have ever experienced. He was rude and dismissive of my questions, actually YELLING at me when I inquired about the pain medication he was giving me. The most horrible part to this experience was when he was about to give me a pain shot I asked him if it was going to hurt and he retorted "Why are you going to cry?" I am a 30 year old woman!Then he continued with his abuse! He was talking down to me! I left in tears - trust me you should go to ANY OTHER Orthopedist in the LA Area. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!

Posted on August 1st, 2017