Dr. Yuriy Bukhalo MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Arlington Heights, IL

March 8th, 2017
Excellent Care and Concern for patients
Having accompanied my 87 year old mother to several appointments, I have high praises for Dr. Bukhalo's care and the concern he shows her. He he is very thorough, determined to improve her pain management and schedules follow-up appointments on a regular basis. His office staff is very efficient.

February 27th, 2017
Dr. Bukhalo- a great pain management physician
I have seen dr. Bukhalo for the last five and a half years for my pain management needs. I have found him to be very conscientious and he takes wonderful care of me. He takes the time to find out exactly what kind of pain I am in and where it is located. He then prescribes the medication I need or does the necessary procedure that will relieve my pain.

August 13th, 2016
EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING
Don't think I have ever left a review but, felt compelled to. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt but unfortunately I will never, ever return to this office. I went to Bukhalo's Office initially then left for a period of time and then returned as I couldn't find a pain Dr. to deal with the fall out and intense pain following multiple cervical fusions. The staff is first - unfriendly. This place is similar to a factory and folks are shuffled in and out. On one of my earlier appointments - I waited 2 HOURS. A lady walked in with no appointment - they took her before me and left me sitting. Totally unacceptable. There were a minimum of 8 people waiting if not more. It is extremely overbooked and there is not sufficient enough time spent with patients. I have had multiple epidurals and facet injections. Upon my return (which he was coming out of another epidural) and spent no more than 5 minutes with me before shuffling me off to an unscheduled epidural that I did NOT want. I would like to pursue other options. The injections are obviously not working (following 4) and a different approach needs to be taken. Again, not enough time spent discussing that -- pushed into another room and that was the end of the discussion. Pain Drs. are a dime a dozen and unfortunately I still haven't found one -- 1) to listen and 2) provide personalized care. I was subjected to an immediate drug test -- which is fine as I have nothing to hide and take my pain meds as prescribed. They treat you like you are doctor shopping. I take no more than two pain meds a day and suffer thereafter using an ice pack or laying down or using a pain patch. I was told I would be up to 5 pain meds a day in no time. I specifically said I am not doctor shopping and take my meds as prescribed. At this point, I am still in search of a pain Dr. that will listen and provide another approach. I would have given that office no stars but that was not an option so I will leave it at 1.

July 25th, 2016
Dr. Yuriy Bukhalo is Wonderful Doctor with great Staff. After special treatment I walked out of the office with no pain and that lasted 2 months, so I could prepare for my hip joint replacement. He answered all my questions and made me feel good. I never had any difficulty getting an appointment, even when I had an urgent need to be seen. His office is very well run. Dr Yuriy Bukhalo is simply the BEST! I

January 12th, 2016
Love the office and the staff. Have never had an issue getting an appointment. Sometimes I have to wait more than 30 minutes to be put into a room and another 30 minutes to see a provider. I just plan my day around my appointment.

October 6th, 2015
Dr. Bukhalo is the first doctor to really listen to my complaints of pain! He tried a few different treatment options until we found the one that works for me. He is wonderful and I would recommend him to anyone with chronic pain.

July 22nd, 2015
Happy long term patient
I have been seeing Dr. Bukhalo for approx. 5 years for chronic pain that is the result of 3 serious back surgeries. Dr. Bukhalo always listens to me and has many "tools" that he uses that help make my pain manageable. I would recommend him to anyone that is suffering from chronic pain.

June 20th, 2015
Great help!

June 19th, 2015
I have been seeing Dr. B for about 5 years now. He knows me and greets me by my name. He talks with me to undertand my pain issues. And the staff is just great!

June 15th, 2015
Dr. Bukhalo/ Arlington Hts, IL ..A GIft of Compassion...Care & Professionalism.
I came to Dr. Bukhalo minus my upper right lung from lung cancer...with indescribable pain in my ribs from the surgery Dr Bukhalo administered immediate pain relief within the hour that I called for an appointment .. I also had a ' Radio Frequency Ablation' that has changed my life of cronic pain... ..... Care...Compassion...Love of his Patients...& in touch with his Patients Pain...HE CARES! A LOT! and HE LISTENS TO WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!...Dr Bukhalo is a Gift!

January 15th, 2015
Patient
Because of Dr. Bukhalo's care my life has been saved he is an answered prayer, the first doctor that was able to diagnose me and manage my pain care I would highly recommend him to anyone in need.

September 1st, 2014
Although I thought Dr Bukhalo cared, he seemed to busy to spend time with me so always had a different assistant spend time with me so not sure I felt I was getting the best treatment. His billing department is horrible. I was being overcharged, told they didn't receive my payments when I had checks that had cleared. They still owe me a lot of money and they return my phone calls only after I have called multiple times. Not sure I would return if I needed this type of treatment again.