Anesthesiologist, Pain Medicine
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

• Currently 3.4761904761905 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Sep 1st, 2014

Although I thought Dr Bukhalo cared, he seemed to busy to spend time with me so always had a different assistant spend time with me so not sure I felt I was getting the best treatment. His billing department is horrible. I was being overcharged, told they didn't receive my payments when I had checks that had cleared. They still owe me a lot of money and they return my phone calls only after I have called multiple times. Not sure I would return if I needed this type of treatment again.

|  My life was miserable before I met this doctor.  |  show details
by David Cargerma on Mar 25th, 2013

I was born with a muscle condition that has deteriorated over time. I was able to handle the pain up until I turned 26. The pain was so bad I had to spend 700.00 on a mouth guard because I was grinding my teeth when I managed to get sleep. I was depressed, had uncontrollable panic attacks, and my social, home, and work lives were disintegrating. I gained a significant amount of weight due to the depression caused by this horrific pain which only made the pain worse. Chiropractic and physical therapy was not working. And even more alarming was that my liver and stomach were getting sick because of all of the OTC pain relievers I was taking. My PCP referred me to this wonderful man who didn't judge me because I didn't have significant structural damage where this terrible pain is. He spent time evaluating me. Dr Bukhalo is very unique for a doctor because he doesn't just look and judge, he listens to me, my concerns, he doesn't just look at the day I see him and asks, "how can I help you?" He will look ten years down the line and judge the best way of relieving this chronic pain with several (almost) painless procedures to lower the volume of intense pain. He has a multi layered approachto his specialty. Be prepared for his dry sense of humor. You might hurt yourself some more from laughing! He knows how to treat a patient, especially a chronic pain patient with dignity, compassion, and respect. He looks out for my well being. Short and long term. And overall since I started seeing him almost three years ago my pain is manageable. There will always be a stigma with chronic pain patients, just remember there are advocates out there like Dr Bukhalo. My liver and stomach issues have subsided. But keep in mind a few very important things to remember: 1. You must be honest 2. Be responsible. 3. Listen

|  Mr  |  show details
by Charles Re on Feb 5th, 2013

Wonderful Dr. and staff. Can walk out of office with no pain and has lasted three to five years with out pain.

Aug 23rd, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Bukhalo from a friend for my low back pain. I had multiple injections which were done in a professional manner. Unfortunately, they did not seem to work for me. My next appointment after the last of my injections, Dr. Bukhalo decided that a discogram was the next step to take and to schedule one with the front desk. They told me that the scheduling office was closed for the day and that they would call me back the next day (friday) I recieved no call on friday so I let it go until monday. I called around lunch time, as I had stayed home from work that day due to an increase in my back pain and I called doctor bukhalos office to see why I had not received a phone call from them about the discogram. The lady on the phone told me that Christine (I beleive that was the name) just had not gotten to it yet. Here we are two weeks later and I have still not heard a peep from the office. In the meantime I have decided to try accupuncture at a place by my work downtown as I figured it couldnt hurt. I am considering calling Dr. Bukhalo back today to schedule the discogram as up until recently I have been happy with the office. His front desk does seem to be VERY unorganized and frantic when I go in for my appointments. In fact after one injection I was not told by the doctor when to come back, I asked one of the assistants, He did not know, So I spent 15 minutes sitting in a chair in the hallway and they seemed to have forgotten about me so I went up to someone and it took them another 10 minutes just to get yet another blank look. I just took it upon myself to reschedule for 3 weeks later....

|  e courtesy  |  show details
Apr 10th, 2012

Today I called and left a message regarding a hydrocodone refill. CVS was having a problem in receiving a response. at about 5:20 I received a call from one of your assistants. I thought it was a follow up to my call. Instead it was to cancel my appointment on 16th. I tried to tell her about the pending prescription refill but she cut me off as she was offended by my raising my voice. I don't need to sit in an office for 30-45 min each month to get a presciption. You need to do something to resolve this. I become angry when people do not respect my time which has as much value as any of yours. I never said a bad word other than arguing my case. I am again disappointed. Why do we need to call in ever month for hydrocodone refills? They are not regulated like the patch is. Every month in the last 3 months I have had to call both CVS and your office to get it resolved. I have no appointment due to your cancelation. Have someone take care of rescheduling, please.William Mulligan

Aug 17th, 2011

After my first injection in my neck due to a bulging disk, I was having a lot of pain and increased symptoms. I made an appointment to talk to him about it. He told me that next time I needed to make an appointment to get a shot and not just "chit chat" because it was "a waste of time"-HIS WORDS! Seriously. The staff is great and super nice, and he did a great job administering the injection. But don't expect to get any answers if you're having complications. He seemed much more interested in making money off of as many injections as he could squeeze in in a day than in treating my symptoms.

Doctor's Response

I am sorry the patient feels this way. I always take time discussing diagnosis and care plan with my patients. I review radiologic imaging that is available with all my patients and point out specific problems on their MRIs, XRs and CT scans. My care plan always includes conservative treatment alternatives. In case injection is indicated I discuss it in detail with patient.

Mar 9th, 2011

Great doctor. Listens well, provides options for care and shows genuine concern for my well being. I have complete trust in Dr. Bukhalo.

|  Healthy again!  |  show details
by Sandra on Mar 8th, 2010

I am very pleased with the care I received from Dr. Bukhalo. For many years I suffered from chronic back pain and searched for relief. I was referred by my primary physician to have a consult with Dr. Bukhalo. From making the appointment to meeting the staff I knew that I entered a very caring and professional environment. Dr. Bukhalo was very comforting and thorough with his examination. He also explained all the treatments possible and his opinion of what would be the most suitable option for me. I am beyond satisfied with the care provided by Dr. Bukhalo and highly recommend him.

|  Satisfied with my care  |  show details
by Mary on Oct 4th, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr Bukahlo for 4 years for severe back pain. A friend recomended that I see him and I feel that Dr Bukahlo has been courteous and professional at all times when diagnosing my problems. I have found that getting an appointment at the office has never been a problem, waiting an hour and 15 minutes would never happen at that office! Dr Bukhalo as any other Doctor that I see will always ask what other medications I am taking, this is for my protection and his reputation as a Doctor who will not be part of the "epidemic" with prescription drugs.The Daily Herald recently had a story of a former doctor who pleaded guilty to prescribing too many painkilling drugs that were linked to three patient deaths and also ended up on the black market.I hope that Reviewer "Concerned Patient" on July 29, 2009 saw this story, maybe the patient will understand why these questions were important before any more painkillers were prescribed. I personally have had a bad experience with the drug Oxycotin that was given to me by a former Doctor. Oxycotin is a very strong Painkiller and is also addictive.I would not hesitate to recomend Dr Bukhalo to anyone.

|  Mom of 4 gets much needed relief  |  show details
by Jeni on Sep 4th, 2009

Last week one of my 2 displaced disks reared its ugly head. With the pain- it makes it impossible to keep up with the house let alone take care of 4 young kids. Thankfully I found Dr. Bukhalo, his staff got me in quickly and after treatment I was able to tend to family that same night. Great doc and friendly staff.

|  I can walk!!!  |  show details
by Alex Sobol on Sep 2nd, 2009

After recieving several oppinions on my low back pain I went to see Dr.Bukhalo.For the first time I felt doctor understood my condiontion and listened to my concerns.Injection and subsequent follow up was a breaze

|  Great doctor  |  show details
by Meyer, Don on Oct 22nd, 2008

Staff is great, was able to get an appointment right away, doctor is very knowledgeable and compassionate.