Some ratings provided by DrScore.
EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING show details EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING
by Les on Aug 13th, 2016

Don't think I have ever left a review but, felt compelled to. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt but unfortunately I will never, ever return to this office. I went to Bukhalo's Office initially then left for a period of time and then returned as I couldn't find a pain Dr. to deal with the fall out and intense pain following multiple cervical fusions. The staff is first - unfriendly. This place is similar to a factory and folks are shuffled in and out. On one of my earlier appointments - I waited 2 HOURS. A lady walked in with no appointment - they took her before me and left me sitting. Totally unacceptable. There were a minimum of 8 people waiting if not more. It is extremely overbooked and there is not sufficient enough time spent with patients. I have had multiple epidurals and facet injections. Upon my return (which he was coming out of another epidural) and spent no more than 5 minutes with me before shuffling me off to an unscheduled epidural that I did NOT want. I would like to pursue other options. The injections are obviously not working (following 4) and a different approach needs to be taken. Again, not enough time spent discussing that -- pushed into another room and that was the end of the discussion. Pain Drs. are a dime a dozen and unfortunately I still haven't found one -- 1) to listen and 2) provide personalized care. I was subjected to an immediate drug test -- which is fine as I have nothing to hide and take my pain meds as prescribed. They treat you like you are doctor shopping. I take no more than two pain meds a day and suffer thereafter using an ice pack or laying down or using a pain patch. I was told I would be up to 5 pain meds a day in no time. I specifically said I am not doctor shopping and take my meds as prescribed. At this point, I am still in search of a pain Dr. that will listen and provide another approach. I would have given that office no stars but that was not an option so I will leave it at 1.

by Konstantin K. on Jul 25th, 2016

Dr. Yuriy Bukhalo is Wonderful Doctor with great Staff. After special treatment I walked out of the office with no pain and that lasted 2 months, so I could prepare for my hip joint replacement. He answered all my questions and made me feel good. I never had any difficulty getting an appointment, even when I had an urgent need to be seen. His office is very well run. Dr Yuriy Bukhalo is simply the BEST! I

Jan 12th, 2016

Love the office and the staff. Have never had an issue getting an appointment. Sometimes I have to wait more than 30 minutes to be put into a room and another 30 minutes to see a provider. I just plan my day around my appointment.

Oct 6th, 2015

Dr. Bukhalo is the first doctor to really listen to my complaints of pain! He tried a few different treatment options until we found the one that works for me. He is wonderful and I would recommend him to anyone with chronic pain.

Happy long term patient show details Happy long term patient
by Robert L on Jul 22nd, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Bukhalo for approx. 5 years for chronic pain that is the result of 3 serious back surgeries. Dr. Bukhalo always listens to me and has many "tools" that he uses that help make my pain manageable. I would recommend him to anyone that is suffering from chronic pain.

by Marie Leicht on Jun 20th, 2015

Great help!

by Donna Postilion on Jun 19th, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. B for about 5 years now. He knows me and greets me by my name. He talks with me to undertand my pain issues. And the staff is just great!

Dr. Bukhalo/ Arlington Hts, IL ..A GIft of Compassion...Care & Professionalism. show details Dr. Bukhalo/ Arlington Hts, IL ..A GIft of Compassion...Care & Professionalism.
by N Lee on Jun 15th, 2015

I came to Dr. Bukhalo minus my upper right lung from lung cancer...with indescribable pain in my ribs from the surgery Dr Bukhalo administered immediate pain relief within the hour that I called for an appointment .. I also had a ' Radio Frequency Ablation' that has changed my life of cronic pain... ..... Care...Compassion...Love of his Patients...& in touch with his Patients Pain...HE CARES! A LOT! and HE LISTENS TO WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!...Dr Bukhalo is a Gift!

Patient show details Patient
by Christine Kinney on Jan 15th, 2015

Because of Dr. Bukhalo's care my life has been saved he is an answered prayer, the first doctor that was able to diagnose me and manage my pain care I would highly recommend him to anyone in need.

Sep 1st, 2014

Although I thought Dr Bukhalo cared, he seemed to busy to spend time with me so always had a different assistant spend time with me so not sure I felt I was getting the best treatment. His billing department is horrible. I was being overcharged, told they didn't receive my payments when I had checks that had cleared. They still owe me a lot of money and they return my phone calls only after I have called multiple times. Not sure I would return if I needed this type of treatment again.

My life was miserable before I met this doctor. show details My life was miserable before I met this doctor.
by David Cargerma on Mar 25th, 2013

I was born with a muscle condition that has deteriorated over time. I was able to handle the pain up until I turned 26. The pain was so bad I had to spend 700.00 on a mouth guard because I was grinding my teeth when I managed to get sleep. I was depressed, had uncontrollable panic attacks, and my social, home, and work lives were disintegrating. I gained a significant amount of weight due to the depression caused by this horrific pain which only made the pain worse. Chiropractic and physical therapy was not working. And even more alarming was that my liver and stomach were getting sick because of all of the OTC pain relievers I was taking. My PCP referred me to this wonderful man who didn't judge me because I didn't have significant structural damage where this terrible pain is. He spent time evaluating me. Dr Bukhalo is very unique for a doctor because he doesn't just look and judge, he listens to me, my concerns, he doesn't just look at the day I see him and asks, "how can I help you?" He will look ten years down the line and judge the best way of relieving this chronic pain with several (almost) painless procedures to lower the volume of intense pain. He has a multi layered approachto his specialty. Be prepared for his dry sense of humor. You might hurt yourself some more from laughing! He knows how to treat a patient, especially a chronic pain patient with dignity, compassion, and respect. He looks out for my well being. Short and long term. And overall since I started seeing him almost three years ago my pain is manageable. There will always be a stigma with chronic pain patients, just remember there are advocates out there like Dr Bukhalo. My liver and stomach issues have subsided. But keep in mind a few very important things to remember: 1. You must be honest 2. Be responsible. 3. Listen

Mr show details Mr
by Charles Re on Feb 5th, 2013

Wonderful Dr. and staff. Can walk out of office with no pain and has lasted three to five years with out pain.

Aug 23rd, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Bukhalo from a friend for my low back pain. I had multiple injections which were done in a professional manner. Unfortunately, they did not seem to work for me. My next appointment after the last of my injections, Dr. Bukhalo decided that a discogram was the next step to take and to schedule one with the front desk. They told me that the scheduling office was closed for the day and that they would call me back the next day (friday) I recieved no call on friday so I let it go until monday. I called around lunch time, as I had stayed home from work that day due to an increase in my back pain and I called doctor bukhalos office to see why I had not received a phone call from them about the discogram. The lady on the phone told me that Christine (I beleive that was the name) just had not gotten to it yet. Here we are two weeks later and I have still not heard a peep from the office. In the meantime I have decided to try accupuncture at a place by my work downtown as I figured it couldnt hurt. I am considering calling Dr. Bukhalo back today to schedule the discogram as up until recently I have been happy with the office. His front desk does seem to be VERY unorganized and frantic when I go in for my appointments. In fact after one injection I was not told by the doctor when to come back, I asked one of the assistants, He did not know, So I spent 15 minutes sitting in a chair in the hallway and they seemed to have forgotten about me so I went up to someone and it took them another 10 minutes just to get yet another blank look. I just took it upon myself to reschedule for 3 weeks later....

Aug 17th, 2011

After my first injection in my neck due to a bulging disk, I was having a lot of pain and increased symptoms. I made an appointment to talk to him about it. He told me that next time I needed to make an appointment to get a shot and not just "chit chat" because it was "a waste of time"-HIS WORDS! Seriously. The staff is great and super nice, and he did a great job administering the injection. But don't expect to get any answers if you're having complications. He seemed much more interested in making money off of as many injections as he could squeeze in in a day than in treating my symptoms.

Doctor's Response

I am sorry the patient feels this way. I always take time discussing diagnosis and care plan with my patients. I review radiologic imaging that is available with all my patients and point out specific problems on their MRIs, XRs and CT scans. My care plan always includes conservative treatment alternatives. In case injection is indicated I discuss it in detail with patient.

Mar 9th, 2011

Great doctor. Listens well, provides options for care and shows genuine concern for my well being. I have complete trust in Dr. Bukhalo.

Healthy again! show details Healthy again!
by Sandra on Mar 8th, 2010

I am very pleased with the care I received from Dr. Bukhalo. For many years I suffered from chronic back pain and searched for relief. I was referred by my primary physician to have a consult with Dr. Bukhalo. From making the appointment to meeting the staff I knew that I entered a very caring and professional environment. Dr. Bukhalo was very comforting and thorough with his examination. He also explained all the treatments possible and his opinion of what would be the most suitable option for me. I am beyond satisfied with the care provided by Dr. Bukhalo and highly recommend him.

Mom of 4 gets much needed relief show details Mom of 4 gets much needed relief
by Jeni on Sep 4th, 2009

Last week one of my 2 displaced disks reared its ugly head. With the pain- it makes it impossible to keep up with the house let alone take care of 4 young kids. Thankfully I found Dr. Bukhalo, his staff got me in quickly and after treatment I was able to tend to family that same night. Great doc and friendly staff.

I can walk!!! show details I can walk!!!
by Alex Sobol on Sep 2nd, 2009

After recieving several oppinions on my low back pain I went to see Dr.Bukhalo.For the first time I felt doctor understood my condiontion and listened to my concerns.Injection and subsequent follow up was a breaze

Great doctor show details Great doctor
by Meyer, Don on Oct 22nd, 2008

Staff is great, was able to get an appointment right away, doctor is very knowledgeable and compassionate.