Pediatricians

Marion Pediatrics
3105 SW 13th St
Ocala, FL 34474
352-369-1001
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Misunderstood  |  show details
Sep 10th, 2012

I had Dr. Pierre for years and was very satisfied until the birth of my last child. I had an issue in the hospital where a nurse was relaying Dr. Pierres concerns and I felt that it was inaccurate and Dr. Pierre should of been the one to speak with me on this matter. Due to that i had a second opinion on my child and Dr. Pierre then decided to "fire" me as a patient because she felt I shouldv'e trusted her. The problem with that was the nurse told me things that I was not sure if Dr. Pierre has stated or the nurses opinion. Dr. P never contacted me to ask why I chose to get the second opinion or addressed any of my issues. If she had we would of had a better line of communication would could of prevented me getting the second opinion. I refered her ever since I had my child in 2003. She has always been a good ped and has done the necessary steps when any of my children were sick. I would not recomend her now due to the departure from her office being the way it was. I would say to try her out and make your own opinion on her. Like I said I never had previous issues until my last child was born, up until then I did not have any complaints. My husband says that she is short and doesn't have a "kid" personality which I do agree with. Her office wait can sometimes be long depending on the time of appt. I have waited for almost an hr a few times and then 20 minutes in the room, but have also been in and out in 45 before also. I guess it depends on the time you go. Sorry my review may not be too helpful because I have goods and bads about her. Like I said I would meet her and form your own opinion.

|  Physician on call service  |  show details
Feb 12th, 2012

Dr. Pierre's customer service as an on call physician is extremely deplorable. I had to leave two messages and finally got a call back 4 hours after and she stated that she never received my first call. I will not recommend this physician if this is how she treats patients. Very uncaring and unprofessional.

|  AWESOME DOCTOR!!!  |  show details
by MR on Oct 31st, 2009

Dr. Pierre is a blessing to our family. We recently switched pediatricians because the care our son had been recieving from his former doctor was not good. Recently, our son had some digestive complications that left him painfully constipated on more than one occassion. Long story short, Dr. Pierre and her staff went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure our son was healthy and comfortable. He is now problem free and he LOVES his doctor! I HIGHLY recommend her as a pediatrician! You'll have a little wait to get in, but that is only beacuse she is so good and spends time with the children!

|  Very understanding  |  show details
by Janet on Jul 20th, 2009

There was a slight medical complication when my son was only a month old. Dr. Pierre was GREAT! Sent a lot of time with me and assured me I was doing everything I could. I had an opt with Shans in less than 24 hours! I truely am blessed she is my son's doctor. As a first time mom there has been a lot of questions. My son is the happiest and healthiest kid onthe block!

|  Practice went Downhill after Doctor's partner left...  |  show details
Apr 6th, 2009

I have been taking my child to Marion Pediatrics for 3 years and have never had a problem until Dr. Pierre's partner left the practice. When my 3 year old had a 103 degree fever and also LETHARGIC I tried beeping the doctor at 7 am (mind you the office opens @ 8 am) no one called me back until 9:30 am. A few months later my daughter was constantly throwing up and I couldn't make an appointment until 2 days later and I couldn't get a nurse on the phone, they only call you back at the end of the day.