Cardiology: General & Interventional
Video profile

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com.
Beware show details Beware
by L on Jun 17th, 2015

I spent a couple of weeks researching cardiologists, reading reviews. And after 2 friends recommended Dr. Janin, they said that he saved their relative's life in the ER, so I thought I'd give him a try. It was easy to make an appointment, which was nice. However, everything seemed to go downhill from there. When I checked in at the desk, the receptionist called me back to have an EKG, and she performed the test. I thought this was odd in that usually a nurse does this. When I finally met the doctor, he did listen to my concerns, and he was knowledgeable, but curt. I've seen doctors my whole life, so I don't mind a more cold bedside manner if he is a brilliant doctor. However, after my echo he found that I had a severe condition which needed open heart surgery. When I called back to schedule the appointments Dr. Janin suggested for further testing, his office staff told me I needed to first go to my primary care physician to schedule these tests. I told them that Janin had told me to ask them to schedule the test, and they were extremely rude and said, "Listen, you have to go to your primary care before he will see you again." So I called my primary told them I needed a TEE and they told me my cardiologist needed to make this type of appointment. I felt so uncomfortable calling back to politely ask the receptionist to please ask Dr. Janin to schedule this. After they were snippy with me on the phone again, I asked if they had ever experienced a medical emergency...like needing major surgery, and she snipped back, "Hold on." Finally the doctor got on the phone and was just as rude, asking me "What's the problem?" He barely let me explain the situation without cutting me off. I have never, ever in my 20 years of seeing multiple physicians (oncologists, other cardiologists, endocrinologist, etc) ever been treated so rudely. There is much more to the story, but let's just say that when I called back to ask for my medical records and a copy of my echo CD, I again received the run around. I was told over and over that they didn't know how to make a copy of my echo CD and I'd have to wait. But I needed surgery and had to keep calling back. Sadly, I do believe that this doctor may say lives in the ER, but I can't imagine making follow up appointments with him after my open heart surgery. No one deserves to be treated like this...and I always try to be courteous to others. I really did not want to write this review, but I would not wish this experience on anyone...especially someone with a critical condition. One more note. I witnessed a few other patients abruptly leaving his office, but I assumed they were just having a bad day. Now I know. Great ER doctor, possibly. But if you're looking for competent office staff and a caring physician, please look elsewhere. This was a nightmare during a very stressful time in my life. And when I started over with a new cardiologist, he scheduled my TEE the next day, and the my heart cath, and in 7 days, I had my open heart surgery. Also, please know that they only take cash payments.

Jun 3rd, 2015

Gave me all the time that I needed. Listened to all my complaints and answered all my questions. Did not rush me out. Took very good care of me. I do recommend him.

Definitely recommended. show details Definitely recommended.
Apr 21st, 2015

Excellent Doctor. Listened to all my complaints. Gave me all the time that I needed. Clear easy to understand explanations. I strongly recommend him.

Dec 24th, 2014

Took his time. Listened to all my complaints. Did not rush me. Excellent physician. Strongly recommended.

Strongly recommended show details Strongly recommended
Dec 11th, 2014

Excellent Cardiologist. Takes the time to listen to you. Does not rush in and out. I strongly recommend him.

Excellent compasionate cardiologist show details Excellent compasionate cardiologist
Jul 29th, 2014

Dr Janin sat down and listened to me. He did not look at a computer screen, like others do. He talked very clearly and fully explained his reasoning. He answered all my questions. His work up was efficient. His technical ability is remarkable. I was very satisfied.

by Elliott Weiner on Jan 29th, 2014

For those of you who want a wonderful cardiologist with a great bedside manner, who listens to you when you are talking, gets to the root of your problem, I would highly recommend Dr.Yves Janin. Jan. 28 2014

GREAT DOCTOR show details GREAT DOCTOR
May 7th, 2013

I JUST CAME FROM SEEING THIS WONDERFUL CARDIOLOGIST WHO HAS REALLY PUT MY MIND AT EASE. I HAD SO MANY CONCERNS AND HE TOOK TIME TO LISTEN AND EXPLAIN THINGS TO ME THAT THREE OTHER DOCTORS DID NOT DO. I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE LOOKING FOR A GREAT COMPASSIONATE DOCTOR.

Jun 15th, 2012

The kindest doctor I have ever met. Listens to you and talks and explains everything to you. Great bedside manner. The best.

ONE OF A KIND DOCTOR show details ONE OF A KIND DOCTOR
May 18th, 2012

THEIR ARE NOT ENOUGH WORDS TO EXPRESS MY GRATITUDE FOR DR JANIN. THE CARE HE GAVE ME IN THE HOSPITAL WAS EXCEPTIONAL AND ALWAYS TOOK TIME TO TALK TO ME EVEN IT WAS NOT CARDIAC RELATED. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR TO ANYONE THAT IS LOOKING FOR A ONE OF KIND DOCTOR THAT CARES.

VERY IMPRESSED show details VERY IMPRESSED
Feb 28th, 2012

I WAS EXTREMELY PLEASED WITH MY FIRST VISIT WITH DR JANIN. HE WENT OVER ALL MY HISTORY AND I NEVER FELT RUSHED.I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE LOOKING FOR A SUPERB DOCTOR

EXCELLENT DOCTOR show details EXCELLENT DOCTOR
Jan 10th, 2012

THE ONLY WORDS THAT I CAN SAY IS EXCELLENT DOCTOR AND EXCELLENT STAFF

excellent doctor show details excellent doctor
Nov 4th, 2011

my experience with this doctor was amazing he listen to my problems and help me to understand my heart disease better and the staff is top notch.

MS OLIVIA BRANGMAN show details MS OLIVIA BRANGMAN
by Anonymous on Sep 14th, 2011 on doctorsdig.com

I WAS EXTREMELEY PLEASED WITH THE DOCTOR AND HIS CARING AND PATIENCE TO DISCUSS MY HEALTH QUESTIONS ALSO THE STAFF WAS EXCELLENT

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
saved my life show details saved my life
May 16th, 2011

Dr. Janin spent over 14 hours in the hospital changing medications to get my vital signs back.After that a defibrilator was placed and I have been healthy since 2003.

Mar 23rd, 2010

I would highly recommended this doctor