Overall Review

April 11th, 2016
Dr. Kanin is the true meaning of a doctor. He is the best. He is super intelligent and caring. I highly recommend him.

January 3rd, 2016
I came to see me because I was getting severely short of breath with the treatment of my primary physician. Dr Janin found and fixed a severe blockage in the main artery in my heart and saved my life. Highly recommend him.

October 31st, 2015
Attentive. Logical, clear explanations. Efficient. Caring.

June 17th, 2015
Beware
I spent a couple of weeks researching cardiologists, reading reviews. And after 2 friends recommended Dr. Janin, they said that he saved their relative's life in the ER, so I thought I'd give him a try. It was easy to make an appointment, which was nice. However, everything seemed to go downhill from there. When I checked in at the desk, the receptionist called me back to have an EKG, and she performed the test. I thought this was odd in that usually a nurse does this. When I finally met the doctor, he did listen to my concerns, and he was knowledgeable, but curt. I've seen doctors my whole life, so I don't mind a more cold bedside manner if he is a brilliant doctor. However, after my echo he found that I had a severe condition which needed open heart surgery. When I called back to schedule the appointments Dr. Janin suggested for further testing, his office staff told me I needed to first go to my primary care physician to schedule these tests. I told them that Janin had told me to ask them to schedule the test, and they were extremely rude and said, "Listen, you have to go to your primary care before he will see you again." So I called my primary told them I needed a TEE and they told me my cardiologist needed to make this type of appointment. I felt so uncomfortable calling back to politely ask the receptionist to please ask Dr. Janin to schedule this. After they were snippy with me on the phone again, I asked if they had ever experienced a medical emergency...like needing major surgery, and she snipped back, "Hold on." Finally the doctor got on the phone and was just as rude, asking me "What's the problem?" He barely let me explain the situation without cutting me off. I have never, ever in my 20 years of seeing multiple physicians (oncologists, other cardiologists, endocrinologist, etc) ever been treated so rudely. There is much more to the story, but let's just say that when I called back to ask for my medical records and a copy of my echo CD, I again received the run around. I was told over and over that they didn't know how to make a copy of my echo CD and I'd have to wait. But I needed surgery and had to keep calling back. Sadly, I do believe that this doctor may say lives in the ER, but I can't imagine making follow up appointments with him after my open heart surgery. No one deserves to be treated like this...and I always try to be courteous to others. I really did not want to write this review, but I would not wish this experience on anyone...especially someone with a critical condition. One more note. I witnessed a few other patients abruptly leaving his office, but I assumed they were just having a bad day. Now I know. Great ER doctor, possibly. But if you're looking for competent office staff and a caring physician, please look elsewhere. This was a nightmare during a very stressful time in my life. And when I started over with a new cardiologist, he scheduled my TEE the next day, and the my heart cath, and in 7 days, I had my open heart surgery. Also, please know that they only take cash payments.

June 3rd, 2015
Gave me all the time that I needed. Listened to all my complaints and answered all my questions. Did not rush me out. Took very good care of me. I do recommend him.

April 21st, 2015
Definitely recommended.
Excellent Doctor. Listened to all my complaints. Gave me all the time that I needed. Clear easy to understand explanations. I strongly recommend him.

December 24th, 2014
Took his time. Listened to all my complaints. Did not rush me. Excellent physician. Strongly recommended.

December 11th, 2014
Strongly recommended
Excellent Cardiologist. Takes the time to listen to you. Does not rush in and out. I strongly recommend him.

July 29th, 2014
Excellent compasionate cardiologist
Dr Janin sat down and listened to me. He did not look at a computer screen, like others do. He talked very clearly and fully explained his reasoning. He answered all my questions. His work up was efficient. His technical ability is remarkable. I was very satisfied.

May 7th, 2013
GREAT DOCTOR
I JUST CAME FROM SEEING THIS WONDERFUL CARDIOLOGIST WHO HAS REALLY PUT MY MIND AT EASE. I HAD SO MANY CONCERNS AND HE TOOK TIME TO LISTEN AND EXPLAIN THINGS TO ME THAT THREE OTHER DOCTORS DID NOT DO. I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE LOOKING FOR A GREAT COMPASSIONATE DOCTOR.

June 15th, 2012
The kindest doctor I have ever met. Listens to you and talks and explains everything to you. Great bedside manner. The best.

May 18th, 2012
ONE OF A KIND DOCTOR
THEIR ARE NOT ENOUGH WORDS TO EXPRESS MY GRATITUDE FOR DR JANIN. THE CARE HE GAVE ME IN THE HOSPITAL WAS EXCEPTIONAL AND ALWAYS TOOK TIME TO TALK TO ME EVEN IT WAS NOT CARDIAC RELATED. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR TO ANYONE THAT IS LOOKING FOR A ONE OF KIND DOCTOR THAT CARES.