Dr. Yvette Shannon DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 12th, 2014
Worst Experience
I switched over to Dr. Shannon after my old PCP migrated to a PPO only practice and I couldn't be more disappointed. Trying to get medical attention in a timely manner in this office is a nightmare. Dr. Shannon only works certain days and relies on other doctors in the office to handle immediate care issues and the other doctors are hard to deal with and loathe to help. I've had a documented condition that should be straightforward, but each time I have called it's 1) taken 8 hours or longer for someone to get back to me 2) and have been forced to go through unnecessary appointments/steps. Mind you, I've been in real pain each time I've called and the urgency and need for attention is lost on the staff and Dr. Shannon. Further, Office staff is rude, not helpful, and not knowledgeable. The last two times I've called the office during work hours, the phone has rang for 7 minutes plus without anyone answering. Lastly, I don't have any faith in Dr. Shannon's recommendations. Specialists she recommended to me have not been good and seem to be only recommended to me because she is acquainted with them, not their abilities. I switched to Dr. Shannon mostly in part to all the positive reviews online- but am now writing this for people to stay away and not trust everything in the net. I felt like a cow in the cattle call in this office- and one that could be easily replaced if I keeled over. Needless to say, I'm finding a new PCP.

January 22nd, 2014
Terrific Doctor
I have never written a recommendation about any other doctor. I felt compelled to in this case. Dr. Shannon is top notch. She is very smart, gifted in human interaction, exceedingly efficient, and made me feel important. Very impressive. Thank you for reading.

July 18th, 2012
Great, personable doctor
Dr. Shannon spends as much time as you need with her patients. She listens carefully, asks the right questions and doesn't rush to prescribe lots of medicine.

August 31st, 2010
Recommend her highly
I had to find a new internist after my last one went concierge and got a recommendation for Dr. S. She has excellent people skills, listens well. There wasn't a choice for 0 time waiting but I didn't even get to sit down in the waiting room. She followed up with everything promptly. I am a physician myself and would recommend her to anyone.