Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
Unhappy about a point: Listeria show details Unhappy about a point: Listeria
by Lori A. on Feb 10th, 2015

Note: This was several years ago, so the practice's standard may have changed. I was pregnant with my third child. Dr. Smith handled the pregnancy testing and subsequent info talk. When she was done, I asked her why she hadn't discussed Listeria among the do's and don'ts. Her response was shocking: Oh, we don't discuss that with our mothers because it's so rare, and we don't want to make them fearful. I almost fell out of my chair. Listeria infection has flu-like symptoms, and while sometimes it causes birth defects, most of the time it outright causes a miscarriage. It's a food-borne illness, with simple steps to reduce chances of catching it: avoid deli meats and soft cheeses, and be sure that all fresh produce you consume is washed thoroughly first. Given the severity of its consequences for pregnant women, and the simplicity of precautions to take, I was both infuriated and shocked that she (and their practice, from what she said) don't discuss it with pregnant women. Later that week, there was an announcement on the radio of a recall for a grocery chain's deli meat---infected with Listeria. If you search, you discover that food contamination with Listeria isn't nearly as rare as Dr. Smith said it was, and given the consequences to a pregnancy from this type of infection, and the simplicity of the steps in trying to avoid it, I felt it was criminal that this practice *didn't* warn pregnant women about it and give instructions on how to try to avoid it.

Great doctor! show details Great doctor!
by Sahirah Bussey on Jan 5th, 2015

Dr. Smith is an awesome doctor and I would definitely recommend her to anyone. She listens, is very patient, warm, and thorough...this is hard to find in a doctor.

Patient show details Patient
Sep 10th, 2014

Dr. Smith is very polite, listens attentively, explains procedures, test required, results, and follow ups. The best ever should be her title.

Excellent Doctor/ Excellent Staff Except for One: Beware of Nurse Beatrice. show details Excellent Doctor/ Excellent Staff Except for One: Beware of Nurse Beatrice.
Oct 21st, 2013

Until today, I have had an overall positive experience with Dr. Smith and staff at the Meridian Mark location; however due to the unprofessionalism and blatant rudeness of staff nurse Beatrice, I will not return to this place. She is rude, pushy and inconsiderate; in addition, her attention span/ basic level of comprehension is sub par for someone in her position. When a nurse asks the same question several times within 30-45 second increments, it stands to reason either she's incompetent or sampling the meds with which she's in contact. In addition, I called the office to discuss information pertaining to my test results, and go figure, she happened to be the nurse with whom I spoke. When she tried to schedule me for a follow up visit, I declined because I wanted a second opinion, and her response was a snarky: "It looks like someone isn't going to get paid!"

Feb 8th, 2013

I had a horrible experience with a previous Doctor and avoided going for a year. A friend referred me to the practice Dr. Smith works for and said pick any one they are all great. I selected Dr. Smith after reading the bio on the website and she has not disappointed me. She is very caring, informative and takes every effort to make you feel comfortable and valued. That is a rare quality this day. Her front staff is also professional and courteous, and I have the feeling that everyone is treated the same. Hope this review helps and good luck.

She's a great doctor show details She's a great doctor
Jun 21st, 2012

I have been going to Dr Smith for 5 years now. She is smart, very knowledgeable, friendly and compassionate. When I talk to her I feel like I am talking to an old friend. Her diagnosis and advice have been spot on. She'll remain my doctor until she retires!!!

Aug 11th, 2011

My experiences with Dr. Yvette M. Smith has been outstanding. She's very knowledgeable, diverse, caring, thorough, etc. In the 7 years that I've seen her, I have no complaints. She's the best!

She's the best show details She's the best
Feb 26th, 2011

Dr. Smith is the best is the best OB/GYN I know. She is professional, understanding and very knowledgeable. I am so happy she is my doctor. I feel very comfortable with her.

Caring, compassionate and highly knowlegable show details Caring, compassionate and highly knowlegable
Nov 23rd, 2010

I've been going to Dr. Smith for nearly a decade for my gyno care. She also diagnosed me with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) and works with me to manage the syndrome and provide insight to improve fertility. She spends a good deal of time with me during my exams and takes the time to thoroughly answer all of the questions I have. She makes me feel very comfortable and has a warm disposition. She is fantastic!

by C. Reviere on May 14th, 2010

I would recommemd Dr.Smith to my friends. If feel she she a very caring, understanding person

I Love Dr. Smith show details I Love Dr. Smith
by dkellib on Dec 9th, 2008 on kudzu.com

I've been going to Dr. Smith for 8 years now and I still love her as my GYN. To my dismay, she notified me a few years ago that she would no longer deliver babies. 9 months later I became pregnant. Because Dr. Smith no longer delivered, I reluctantly agreed to see Dr. Angus. I fell in love with him too! He is very patient, gentle, and caring. I also had to see Dr. McKinney during the pregancy and I was not impressed with her. I always waited at least 30 minutes to see her - this was after being led into the patient room. She never inquired about how I felt or asked if I had any questions/concerns during my pregnancy. Other than my issues with Dr. McKinney, I would definitely recommend Dr. Smith or Dr. Angus if you are considering going to this practice.

by Mrs. E on Aug 10th, 2008

Dr. Smith has been my doctor for over 12 years, and I would never ever consider changing doctors. She is thorough, caring, compassionate, has great bedside manner, and has always spent as much time as needed, without you having felt rushed--even if just to talk. She is the greatest!

Best in Town! show details Best in Town!
by holloway35 on Oct 30th, 2007 on kudzu.com

I wouldn't go to anyone else. Dr. Smith is extremely knowledgable. Dr Smith is certainly an exception to the rule. In today's fastpaced world, it rare that a doctor spends quality time getting to know their patients in order to better understand their medical needs and concerns. Dr.Smith is truly a partner in your healthcare!

Would Not Go Anywhere Else show details Would Not Go Anywhere Else
by bond007 on Apr 12th, 2006 on kudzu.com

Dr. Smith just delivered my second child 21 days ago and took care of me during the entire pregnancy. Because of her knowledge, her patience, and her willingness to listen, I had a wonderful experience giving birth to my secon child. The entire staff at the AWS is wonderful- I would recommend her any day.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
Very good show details Very good
by Abbycat on Apr 20th, 2005 on kudzu.com

Dr. Smith is very professional, willing to listen to her patients, giving them the time they need, willing to consider alternative solutions (e.g., natural rather than meds), easy to talk to.

Best in Town show details Best in Town
by Lindasue on Apr 7th, 2005 on kudzu.com

Dr. Smith is a great doctor. She takes time to listen to you. She's very knowledgeable and has a great bedside mann.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
A long history with her! show details A long history with her!
by Heleena on Apr 6th, 2005 on kudzu.com

Dr. Smith has been my obgyn for over 9 years. She takes a genuine interest in the individual and your specific women's health issues. Atlanta Women's Specialist is the group she belongs to. Highly recommended!!!!!