Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

3.0

Feb 8th, 2016

The staff is rude, especially the office manager kim

Incompetent boarding on negligent. show details Incompetent boarding on negligent.
by Eugeneb on Jan 12th, 2016

Under her care a small crack on my healthy 90 something mother's foot has developed into gangrenous life threatening situation that may require debilitating expensive surgery. Unable to make any decision herself due to a very rude sense of self preservation can only recommend specialists. She refused to discuss any medical procedure, answer any questions or listen to any suggestions. She cut me off repeatedly and professing that she was not a specialist. Questioned me more than twice if I was doctor, which I relied that I was well educated. She exclaimed to have studied abroad in three different countries. Seamed to have very little competence and expressed herself in a very getto manner with low emotional intelligence. About 3 months ago another very apathetic SCAN MD Eric Bekemeier who would not even touch my mom sent her to a podiatrist for a crack on her heal. They had her pay $140 cash for some expensive concentrated piss cream (43% urea cream) to dissolve away the cracked callas. A pedicurist could have healed this in a few sessions comfortably. The urea cream immediately made it worse dissolving away the a big piece of her skin on her heal opening up into a hole. In excruciating pain was not able to get an appointment with Bekemeier was advised to call 911. At the hospital a real doctor did an arterial sonogram to check the circulation. The sonogram did not produce any sign of blockage. Packed and with a seaming non-life threatening situation the doctor prescribed a heavy 10 day regiment of the broad spectrum antibiotic cephalexin and some oxy and sent her home. Due to the rude neglect she felt requested another SCAN MD and was assigned to this hack McKinney. While she waited for McKinney the hole became worse and infected. On her first visit with McKinney, she just copied the hospitals prescription even though it was not being effective. She did a sonogram and a blood test and re-prescribed cephalexin and oxy for another 10 days and sent her to another podiatrist. At this point when the wound was wet a culture should have been taken so a clear picture of what we are fighting could have been made. The podiatrist said he did not specialize in infectious wounds and did nothing for her. At this point an anti pressure bootee should have been prescribed to allow mobility without irritation. The wound continued to get worse. After the second script she goes back to unskilled McKinney who stops the anti-botics and oxy prescribes her lot of Gabapentin and sends her to ventral surgeon. At the ventral surgeon appointment, he tells her that all her paper work was not in and he could not help her and she had to wait. At this point I get involved concerned for her life. I started electro therapy to increase circulation in the leg, developed a foam bootie that could keep her off it. The wound has dried out now and turned to a more stable dry gangrenous wound. Now I get to go see McKinney the for the first and last time. First thing she asks my mom is if it hurts, when her foot is black and hurts to even look at. She was unbelievably threatening and controlling to my mother. I got her to apologizes for not getting a culture or prescribing and anti pressure bootee. Because the wound is dry now, she did not want to get a culture. I tried to engage her in a conversation about a harmless promising FDA approved maggot debridement therapy that may help. She got very argumentative, belittle me and was a completely shut down to listening. She said they had a supply shortage of the bootees. She just prescribed her some additional sleeping pills to add to the gabapentin to and told her to wait for the ventral surgeon. The sleeping pills, oxy and gabapentin all reduce here activity level and thus circulation and have bad side effects for a 90 year old lady. It seams like she is makes the most money for SCAM by cutting her foot off. Please avoid this creature, one star is too much.

Excellent show details Excellent
by Evandra Esposito-Schneider on Jan 11th, 2016

I have not been hospitalized since I have been in Dr. McKinney's care.

Bad - Incompetent - Unprofessional show details Bad - Incompetent - Unprofessional
by Robert Gallegos on Nov 29th, 2015

The administrator railroaded my out of their office with false information - worst Doctor I've dealt with in my life.

Aug 12th, 2015

Yvonne McKinney is very rude and says inappropriate things to patients doesn't help or listen to what patient needs or wants. The only nice person there is Ann the best they have

Jun 30th, 2015

this has got to be the worst Dr's office I've ever been too..I'll be outta here as soon as possible! !!!!

Recommend show details Recommend
May 19th, 2015

Love this doctor. She has made a change in my life and health

Down to Earth Doc show details Down to Earth Doc
Feb 9th, 2015

Dr. Yvonne really listens and doesn't Rush with quick decisions. She is very knowledgeable. I've had good relationship with office staff. They make referrals promptly and see that I kept informed about tests, results, and future treatment.

a Doctor who tries show details a Doctor who tries
by suz on Aug 25th, 2014

I think she tries to do the best she can without the use of medications. Her staff is pretty helpful and listen better than she does and try to help communicate problems to her. I really have had better communicating doctors but her staff is great. She tends to prejudge some folks. She only orders nessacary tests and I would have to say under treats.

Mother show details Mother
by Dawn Turnbull on Jul 30th, 2014

The office staff has no class...the Dr. discusses her personal business problems with her patience. They reschedule appointments and make up "rules" as they go for what they will or will not do. Rude, obnoxious, poor quality work, and ugly office and interior/exterior building is horrific. I DO NOT RECOMMEND YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THESE UN-CARING PEOPLE!!!!

Under Par Dr with rude staff show details Under Par Dr with rude staff
Nov 6th, 2012

The doctor will not speak to you over the phone regarding results unless you make another appt and pay the co-pay. Staff is rude and will hang up on you.

If you need a new doctor, you have found the right one show details If you need a new doctor, you have found the right one
Jun 6th, 2012

Dr. Mckinney is a very nice and down to earth person. I am glad I got to her office. I highly recommend her.

Apr 22nd, 2012

Best doctor i had so far very caring

Look no further show details Look no further
Aug 28th, 2011

Dr. Mckinney and her staff are very willing and capable to help you with your health care needs.

Aug 11th, 2011

Dr.McKinney is the most unprofessional doctor I have ever encounered. She orders alot of unnecessary test, her medical knowledge is minimal.She is very rude and ghetto if I didnt know any better I would of guessed she earned her medical degree at bottom of the barrel university. Her staff for the most part are curtious, but overall would not recommend Dr.Mckinney if you want to be treated with respect and dignity as a person.

Good Experience show details Good Experience
by Jaclyn Huggins on Mar 9th, 2010

Although the office staff is kind of stand offish and a cold, I always have a good exerience when I have an appointment with Dr. McKinney. The wait usually isn't very long, and Dr. Mckinney spends a lot of time making sure she covers everything that is wrong with me. She's really sweet and caring, never disregards a concern.