Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile
Washington Square West
301 S 8th St
Ste 2A
Philadelphia, PA 19106
215-829-5300
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

• Currently 1.7619047619048 of 4 stars
 |  Nonchalant  |  show details
by Leila on Apr 18th, 2014

I went to her on my first pregnancy, she didn't give me enough information. She brushing you off sometimes seems extremely exhausted. My delivery was terrible she gave me episiotomy which ended cutting into my anal and vaginal muscles. When I asked her about it she acted like she doesn't understand what I'm talking about. Now I went through 3 surgery trying to reconstruct everything. Be careful this doctor is reckless especially in complicating situations.

Aug 15th, 2013

gyn visit with dr prioleau are calmfull and stress free

|  Office visit  |  show details
Mar 4th, 2013

Dr. Prioleau is an excellent Dr. but she doesn't have much time to spend with you because of the number of patients. On my last visit I actually had an intern take care of me because I didn't want to wait any longer. She was good so I had no problem with her taking care of me.The staff is friendly enough but the way they handle urine (cups in bathroom, writing your own name on them) seems a bit unprofessional to me. The waiting area is a bit messy as well. Still I would recommend this doctor.

|  Great Doctor - Awlful Office Enviroment  |  show details
Dec 13th, 2011

I would also recommend Dr. Prioleau. She is gentle and easy to talk to. I consider myself a patient person however, I was put to the test at my last appointment. My 1 hr 5 minute wait gave me nothing but opporutnity to elvauate the conditions of the ventilation system; carpeting, old dirty window treatments and walls. I was amazed that the University had not updated this building. Writing your own name on your urine sample in a magic marker, not cute. She's such a great doctor but time managment is not her offices best quality. Also, the staff needs get together and clean up if the University can not. A full makeover needs to be done IMMEDIATELY!!!

|  She's the Best Doc  |  show details
Aug 24th, 2011

This Dr. made a great choice in going into this profession. she know what she is talking about and has a wonderful bedside manner.

|  Bad first impression  |  show details
Jun 23rd, 2011

I came to see Dr. Prioleau because I was able to get an appointment with her very easily.Similarly to the other patients, I was also surprised when I saw that state the waiting room and the exam rooms were in. The place is very messy, sample cups for urine tests are stored in the bathroom and there is no cap to put over the cups after you give the urine sample. The waiting period was extremely long. When I finally saw Dr. Prioleau she was nice and friendly, but I too had the feeling that she is trying to rush me out of the room. She hardly gave me any information about the pregnancy and only volunteered some information after I asked her specific questions. This was particularly disappointing; this is my first pregnancy and I get most of my information about it online so I was looking forward to some professional guidance.I told her that I am worried about nutritional deficiencies and she said the topic will be examined in some blood tests that she gave me. However, the person in the lab said none of the tests that were ordered were for blood chemistry.

Feb 9th, 2011

I was completely surprise by the condition of the wating area of the office. Papers and pamplets just sprawled on the tables and overall the area was unkept. This was an initial visit and my first time meeting Dr. Prioleau and although the main intake assistant was personable and professional, the medical assistant appeared cold and rarely gave eye contact while entering and reviewing my personal history. Once I was placed in a room, I was tempted to leave as the room was so cramped with papers and containers for disposables that I wondered if the room I was in was meant for storage...not to mention the curtains supported by push pins. A very unwelcoming environment for any patient, let alone a new patient coming for her annual gyn appointment. As Dr. Prioleau enetered the room, she greeted me professionally and reviewed my papers and quickly asked questions in order to complete the exam. As she started, I noticed the examine tools came from under the table where I was lying. I prayed that they were sterile. In a matter of what seemed like two seconds, Dr. Prioleau was almost out the door. She appeared rushed and not open to questions. She was almost out the door when I asked, "how will I know about the results of my pap". She handed me a business card and told me to "call that number (referring to a phone number on a business card)after ten days" and was out the door. I immediately felt like just a number to her and thought how unprofessional. I waited about five days and called the number and according to some strange voice of which I had no face to face connection in the office, asked me for my birth date and confirmed my doctor after proceeding to announce my results.To this day, I still worry about my results. Due to my experience with Dr. Prioleau and her office staff, I have scheduled another annual appointment with another OB/GYN. Unfortunately, my insurance will only cover one annual OB/GYN appointment but it's worth it to me to pay cash the second time around because I want to feel secure in the service and the outcome/results of any doctor's office visit.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Jan 13th, 2011

I would recommend Dr. Prioleau. She is a great doctor. You have to very patient because she has a lot of patients and her waiting room is always full.

Oct 12th, 2010

Not a good place to be if you are having any complications!!!!

|  Would reccomend  |  show details
by Felicia Williams on Jun 4th, 2010

I was refered to Dr. Prioleau by a previous patient. Making my first appt. came with ease. The lady whom I booked my appt. with was very professional and curtious. Sometimes waiting to see the doc can be a little time consuming. Overall my personal experience with Dr.Prioleau was a great one. I've really grown an attatchment to her throughout my pregnancy. My only dislike is the time spent with her. Sometimes you feel a little rushed. Last but not least there tends to be a lot of trainees in the office(medical assistants) who will depending on your mood be a little bothersome, but you gotta start somewhere right? Overall Dr. Prioleau is a great doctor, who is easy to talk and get long with, and I would definitely reccomend her.

May 27th, 2010

Each experience with giving birth to my child has been the most pleasant EVER!!!! I hear stories from other women about their experiences and I am so blessed to have had Dr.Prioleau....I always recommend ppl to go to her for a great experience. I would not settle for anyone else if I would have another baby in my future.

|  Run!!!! THIEVES AND EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!!  |  show details
Aug 27th, 2009

Dr. Prioleau was not able to answer simple questions regarding cautionary behavior while I'm pregnant. Her intake nurse didn't even know what a spleen is and/or how to spell spleen, rupture or other simple medical terms. The 2 medical technicians in Dr. Prioleu's office were EXTREMELY rude, ignorant, uneducated, EXTREMELY unprofessional, AND 1 medical technician overcharged me by $230, which she had insisted I pay in cash prior to commencing the visit - and which they still owe me as a refund!

|  Worst OBGYM  |  show details
by Stacy on Jul 7th, 2009

She doesnt provide enough information you need, especially if this is your first pregnancy. She is standoffish and brush off when you do ask questions. Please do not go to her if complicated pregnancy or labor you are on your own. She doesnt know how to control a complicated situation. Yes, she has been doing it for a long time but there are a lot of patients who she made huge mistakes with. She is terrible doctor for OBG period.

|  Dr. Prioleau is a wonderful doctor!  |  show details
by Linda on Oct 13th, 2008

Unfortunately the office wait is very long, but lots of people want to see her because she is a wonderful doctor affiliated with a top notch hospital, so she is worth the wait. My first pregnancy was not the easiest in the last trimester and she was extra cautious to make sure everything was fine. I am now going to her again for care of my second pregnancy. She is always pleasant and caring. Iris is her right hand woman and she is wonderful as well. I am deeply sorry to hear about the unfortunate incident that the other reviewer had with the death of her child, my heart goes out to you. I don't understand though how you can blame it solely on the doctor.