Dr. Yvonne Scott-Miller MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Lawrenceville, GA

3.6

April 18th, 2017
Professional, passionate, kind and generous.

June 8th, 2016
I like Dr.Scott she is a very mild even tempered person.The wait time is not good.I waited over an hour for my appointment.Extreme for profit practice .

March 14th, 2016
Horrible experience!

March 14th, 2016
Disgraceful Customer Experience
It is with much regret that I must write a negative review regarding my experience with Dr. Scott-Miller's office but I have never felt more disrespected and unaccommodated ever with a physician's office and staff. Today I experienced being totally disregarded, disrespected and dismissed by Dr. Scott Miller's office manager Alecia. Alecia was extremely rude and over talked me today over the phone AND she hung the phone up on me when she could not resolve my issue. Alecia totally disregarded my requests and did not even attempt to try to meet me halfway nor tried to take care of my requests or provide a alternative. The situation is sensitive and private however the requests that were made were not difficult to provide. Asking for Dr. Scott Miller to sign forms from my employer is not a difficult tasks yet it became a difficult request with Alecia and Dr. Scott Miller. Alecia explained that Dr. Scott Miller refused to sign the forms yet I tried to request a simpler alternative which was a letter of documentation that I was simply seen under her care and I received a NO for that as well. I live an hour away from this office and have made many sacrifices to be seen by Dr. Scott Miller. My close friend referred me to her because of my feminine condition and my desperation to get help however I am highly dissatisfied with my care thus far and the indecent treatment by her office manager Alecia. There was no consideration of what I was trying to explain as the patient who simply was trying to prepare for a surgery that is much needed and requires time away from me being a educator. I have been an educator for 8 years and I love what I do. I have had some difficulties lately with performing my teaching duties and needed help from Dr. Scott Miller and her staff to accommodate me, provide excellent patient care and have my best interest. I was extremely disappointed by their actions today and the outright disrespect from Alecia. The only staff member who seemed to care and tried her best to accommodate was Fonda. I will not be returning to Dr. Scott Miller's office because I will not pay for services and entrust my care in the hands of individuals that do not care for your best interest. Although I don't doubt that Dr. Scott Miller is knowledgeable, qualified and experienced; I could never do business with those that don't care and are rude. Alecia nor Dr. Scott Miller seemed to want to try to help me in any way nor thank me for even being a valued patient. I am totally disappointed. Alecia's behavior and unprofessionalism was a disgrace. If you are looking for a gynecologist who cares and has warm office staff who goes the extra mile to take care of you and accommodate; this is not the place because they care about setting appointments, running tests and filing insurance claims to get paid. So sorry for those that are under the care of this doctor.

November 20th, 2015
So many reasons. I've spent $400 to be exactly where I started from. No care in the world but for money, money, money. UPDATE: BEWARE!!!! They WILL confront you about your Google review too! The first I did not think was so bad and did not explain the awful experience but here it is! I left the office CRYING the second visit. Cussing the last! EXTREMELY GHETTO, Confrontational, Unprofessional, RUDE BEYOND WORDS, TERRIBLE at communicating and diagnosing. SO SICK I'M REPORTING THEM TO THE AMA! SECOND UPDATE: Based on second and third opinions, this doctor is a QUACK. They sent over HAND WRITTEN unlegible results, they did not perform all of the tests that they stated they would, and still billed my insurance. They also stated it would take 30 DAYS to transfer my records to my new doctor- I asked them to send it to my primary care physician a month ago and as of today, they still have NOT received my files. First they stated 7-10, then 10-15, then the 3rd time I called it was 30 days..... rudest people I've EVER met. Friday, OCT 29, 2015: LONG story short as Google will not let me post the entire review, I went to this doctor four months in a row for abnormal paps, they KEPT SCHEDULING paps MONTHLY and giving me antibiotics with no infection. Tried to give me some HERBAL PMS drug in which the company harassed me for $40 a month for a "subscription". They also billed my insurance for "long visits"- mind you I basically saw the doctor no more than 3 minutes at a time- never saw her or the office staff smile not ONCE! They don't share information or test results, don't answer questions or clearly define their means. They told me I needed to do an in-office ultrasound that would be "$200 up front and they would bill me the rest"- this is why I cried after already having spent months of time and hundreds of dollars STILL no answers to this day of my review. I went to the hospital in which it was FREE and when I came back to the office ANGRY at what they try to charge, they said it was a miscommunication and it would be free.... Um, OK.. The last visit, I asked them to FINALLY PLEASE do a biopsy since every expensive test done has come back normal. My appointment was for Friday at 9A- I arrived at 8:52 as standard practice and requested by ANY doctor. There was a sign that said "closed"- the staff was huddled in the office so I knocked assuming they would let me in. They ignored me COMPLETELY. Only a minute later did they open the door when their precious pay checks arrived, took the envelope from some guy and told me to wait outside. Mind you, it is the end of October, it was FORTY DEGREES! I asked can I just come sit in the waiting room and check in seeing as I was only 8 minutes early- something that is appreciated and required by most normal doctors. She said NO! they were preparing my exam room and open the doors at 9AM. This has me APPALLED!!! So I waited outside. Nine o clock comes and I'm finally let in. The front desk girl tried to hand me the sign in sheet and says "good morning" in the most monotone unwelcoming voice the same as every visit. So I made a "Pshh" sound sarcastically (no words), I'm FUMING after having 10 minutes to think how absolutely ridiculous they treat their patients. She then whips back the clip board and says "is there a problem"? ME: as a matter of fact there is! I'm shocked you guys made me wait outside in the FORTY degree weather. HER: did you not see the sign?? (referring to the "closed" sign- EVEN MORE SHOCKED NOW) ME: Yes but traditionally you arrive to an appointment early and if you insist on not letting me in, then my appointment should have been made at 9:10! ANOTHER RECEPTIONIST: snooty comments about how I'm causing problems. (Of course they take no responsibility for this or the other three visits where they've been extremely rude). HER: maybe you should find a new doctor. ME: (my thoughts since day one but I'd already spent enough time with tests and other doctors so I wanted to wait it out and just get it over with) I WILL! I was planning on it after this visit anyways. And of course I was LIVID at this point after months of frustration and basically told them to F*** off! With cuss words and all. So I left, problems unresolved, hundreds of dollars lost, blood pressure through the roof. I'm appalled that people actually treat their CUSTOMERS/PATIENTS this way! I was there for a very uncomfortable procedure and where's the empathy? Where's the concern for my wellbeing and comfort?? I REPEAT, ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS MONEY AND ABSOLUTELY CARE NOTHING ABOUT THEIR PATIENTS.

October 2nd, 2015
TERRIBLE AND A QUACK!
The last time I was in this office I literally left BAWLING my eyes out; that is how useless and frustrating these people are! I was sent to a specialist for abnormal results with positive testing for certain illnesses. With that being said, Dr. Scott has redone my pap now FOUR TIME, charged me $60 every single time and keeps prescribing me antibiotics with no infections found. On top of that, she has requested I do with her office OF COURSE, an ultra sound costing $500+! She has done the same pap four times and basically keeps asking me to come back for this same exact thing every single month with no resolution in sight. All this woman is is money hungry and I've spoken with a few other professionals who think she's a quack as well. I will be seeing a new doctor immediately and just having my useless results sent somewhere else. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY!!!!!!

February 12th, 2015
19+ year patient
I have been a patient of Dr. Scott Miller for over 19 years......absolutely LOVE HER & her staff.

July 2nd, 2014
Dr. Scott is awesome - very thorough and sensitive to one's concerns. Pleasanr office environment. However, I agree with other reviews that one must be careful and sure to check insurance/benefits, repetitive doctor visits and over charges. Bottom line, you will be charged for every sing thing - even with good insurance.

June 4th, 2013
EXCELLENCE!
Finally found a doctor to properly diagnosis me. I am so glad that she consulted and listened to my problems before examining me. Easy to talk to and office staff was very friendly. Will recommend to anyone looking for a great Gynecologist. This office gets an A+ for being able to schedule an appointment online! Very Happy :)

May 20th, 2013
Completely dissatisfied
From a Mom who took her daughter for a first pelvic exam. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE! Completely arrogant, judgmental unhelpful person. And her endorsement of using Clinique makeup and white towels and facecloths? Where did this person get her medical training?

May 6th, 2013
Never Again
Three Words.......... Rude Incompetent Dissatisfied

May 24th, 2012
Great Referral
Trying to see a doctor with no insurance can be very expensive. I was referred to Dr. Scott by a girf friend. Not only was Dr. Scott friendly and personable, she was very affordable as well. I believe that she truly cares about her patients and I will continue to use her as my PCP/GYN. As the old saying goes, "Never judge a book by its cover." Get in an see for yourself before making your opinion. I can't thank my girlfriend enough.....oh and you too Dr. Scott!