Dr. Yvonne Smikle Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Yvonne Smikle?

July 1st, 2016

I am so grateful to the dr's and staff got m through a very hard time in my life !

June 30th, 2014

why? ?

Why this woman is a doctor I'll never know. Oh wait, I do know...to take your money and to be on a power trip! After 7 months of suffering with her as my primary she refused to order me a sleep apnea mask! Why? I don't know! My insurance co called her to explain the sleep clinic I'd been with abruptly closed down and I needed a mask. Dr Smikle said" NO. " No reason, she didn't care that they had pled with her to ok it. She sent care I needed it to BREATH ! She's rude, barely speaks English, and treats patients like garbage. I had many other issues with her such as her never calling me to say I had a UTI, this after refusing to let me take the urine test while I was there for another reason on..she wanted a whole desperate office visit fee to collect a urine! She refused to refill a prescription for 2 weeks, made me BEG to get it. I wasn't early for it, it wasn't a narcotic or anything that warranted suspicion. The language barrier also makes it hard. By the way her posted picture is about 25 yrs old, she is NO WHERE NEAR THAT AGE NOW. Do yourself a favor and don't pick this one.

May 1st, 2014

Excellent Physician

I couldn't be more pleased with my new primary care physician. I got an appt. within 3 days of becoming her patient. Though I scheduled due to a persistent flu, she was also willing to deal with a secondary issue that concerned me and gave me a prescription for that as well. She is from Jamaica so English is her native language, spoken with a pleasing lilt. Understanding her is not even an issue, not any more than understanding someone from Indiana. She was very thorough in her examination, was not hurried in the least like most physicians seem to be these days, and took a genuine interest in my health. She even engaged me in some non-medical related conversation. Her staff was competent and friendly. They assisted me in finding a specialist for another problem. I really feel like I have a family doctor who knows who I am. I have complete confidence in her medical ability and feel fortunate to be her patient.

March 28th, 2014

Horrible experience!

Dr. Smikle is an extremely abrupt, rude, doctor with no" bed side manners" . I've been going to her for several months. Any medications I've been on for many years before going to her, she had issue with. Now I am NOT talking about narcotics or anything like that. Simple meds that even after telling her the past tests, symptoms, specialists, issues and positive outcomes from each med...she complained and huffed and puffed about. Her English is a nightmare so be warned. The office staff have been there since the last dr who retired was there..they are bitter lazy and unaccomodating. They expect YOU to do any and all footwork in getting records and forget about prescriptions! In these several months neither I nor the pharmacy can get ANYTHING refilled without an average of a 2 week attempt. They simply will not get with the program. I begged at my last appt for them to check me for a UTI, the nurse practitioner I had to see consulted with dr Smikle about it and they flat out refused because I had been there for another reason. It all came down to them wanting another office visit fee to run a urine! ! Please please do yourself a favor and don't even think about picking her or this office.up for your care. You won't get cared for, you'll get frustrated and insulted. I wish I had found something positive here but this just isn't the case. Real review by a real patient

April 26th, 2017