Dr. Yvonne Smith MD Patient Reviews

3.4

• Good
  • Bad

December 7th, 2014
Very informative but rude!
Dr. Blake is awesome and Dr. Smith, her scolding people for weight issues was very offensive to my children. When asked how she lost the weight and health plan she refused to share the information and stated "you won't do it"! This was very hurtful to me and my family. We have been a faithful patient since 2004 and I have recommended quite a few people. After her successful weight loss she looks great but acts unpleasant. My children do not want to return after 10 years.

August 18th, 2014
Don't trust Dr. Smith
Dr. Smith is a big disappointment. I was a patient of hers for several years without any trouble. Then, in 2012, I had a bleeding issue and I called her for help, left several messages over a period of days, but never received a return call. A few days later, I had a brain stroke and almost died. When I recovered and went in for a regular physical, mainly for pap and cholesterol tests, I had turned 65 and was on Medicare. Because of this, I was asked to sign a ABN (advanced beneficiary notice) guaranteeing payment if Medicare refused to pay. I signed this document because I knew the two tests I needed were standard tests and approval would not be a problem. I did not consider that Dr. Smith could order any tests she wanted and I would be responsible for paying for them if Medicare refused to pay. Dr. Smith ordered 2 tests that Medicare refused to pay for. One was a cholesterol test, which her office manager should have been able to justify with Medicare, but she didn’t want to be bothered, kept promising to call me back but never did. The other one was a thyroid test, which was totally unnecessary and could not be justified. I was never told what tests were being ordered. Point #1: never, ever sign a ABN. It just gives the doctor license to create fraud by ordering tests you don’t need and will have to pay for. Point #2: Do not trust Dr. Smith. Find an honest doctor with integrity. Point #3: Her office manager (Sandra) is totally useless. Don't believe a word she says.

November 19th, 2013
Great Care
Me and my daughter have been patients of Dr. Smith since 2000. I am very pleased with the care and attention that is given to us when we visit. The wait times vary depending on the number of patients that day but it is the experience and care provided that I am more interested in and this doctor provides that. I will not and cannot see myself going anywhere else. She has taken the time to call me about my numbers last year and explained what I needed to do to do better. Honestly, a good doctor is hard to find today, so if you are looking for one for you and your children this is one that is top notch, Dr. Smith and Dr. Blake. Most people complain about the wait time but every doctor or dental office I go to I have to wait, however, it is the honest care and concern about my health that keeps me coming back.

August 23rd, 2010
Dr. Smith is absolutly wonderful! I do not agree that she is self centered at all. She is very very personable. Her bedside manner is excellent, but her problems lie with SOME of her staff. Especially when making appointments and calling in prescriptions! The lady that schedules appointments/calls in prescriptions (Jamaican accent) is very rude and could care less if she is the reason Dr. Smith is loosing patients! The only other problem I have is the long wait, it's way too long. It seems like they overbook a lot, but if you don't mind waiting and can get past the couple rude staff people, having Dr. Smith as your doctor is definitly worth the inconviences.

June 15th, 2010
All she does is talk about herself, I'm paying you to help me not hear about you, how great you are at being a doctor or your family. Very self centered..

February 5th, 2010
Office and staff is nice, but she is very distracted.
Nice personality. Fairly good with kids. She failed to diagnose an ear infection over 4 visits. Reaches into bra for cell phone regularly. Not a good listener.

March 25th, 2016