Dr. Yvonne Vanarsdale-Imani MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Rio Rancho, NM

2.5

October 23rd, 2016
Horrible.
This doctor had zero bedside manner. She was short, condescending, and downright rude. Incredibly unprofessional.

July 27th, 2015
Dr Imani is ok. Appts wait time is horrible though, sometime 2 to 3 hours

June 15th, 2015
Lacks passion...and it shows.

March 13th, 2015
waste of time and money!
I was seen st Dr imanis office as an ER follow up. I would never go to her office had I known what a waste of time it would have beenI had been seen at the emergency room for ovarian cysts I came and told her that I had not improved because after my emergency room visit I had a sharp pain in the middle of the night and ever since then I don't have feeling in my legs I feel the blood flow is blockedshe said no there is no twisting of your ovary because that's what they looked for I tried to explain the pain did not happen until after the emergency room she said well they didn't find anything so I'll send you to a gynecologist they never checked my urine even though I was there for a UTI as well just let me go home as my husband SAT and waited in the waiting room he heard her tell her assistant that she needed to leave and she got on her phone and made an appointment to get her eyelashes done and said she would be there immediately she was leaving right then so she didn't have time to even question what my problem was. not to mention the receptionist the man did I make a payment for past bills that they had never worried about before before I could see this doctor don't waste your time or money

March 13th, 2015
Feel like a number, not a patient!

March 9th, 2015
Rude and condescending

August 7th, 2014
Rude, dismissive and kept me waiting forever. She smelled like she just ate a whole bag of doritos and tested me like I rudely interrupted her lunch.

June 6th, 2014
Terrible service
I'm writing this on behalf of my mother who is a senior and isn't internet savvy. She had terrible experiences in this office. She had to wait for several HOURS one time and had a long wait another. The staff was very unprofessional (including the doctor) and very uncompassionate. I'm glad she was able to go back to her original doctor! I do not recommend this office to anyone!

June 2nd, 2014
Horrible bedside manner, sloppy appearance. If you make an appointment be ready to wait at least an hour in the waiting room before they bring you back, and getting a prescription refilled is a nightmare

January 2nd, 2014
Worst experience with a doc ever. EVER!
The positive reviews on this page have absolutely got to be bogus. Even if not, don't take the chance.... at best this is a bipolar doctor and you don't want to take the chance of catching her on a bad day. We just had an incredibly awful experience at a doctor’s office this afternoon for both of my daughters. I bet I have seen my oldest daughter cry 10 times in the last 10 years, and I just saw her cry twice in less than an hour. There is a certain base level of friendliness, compassion, cleanliness, respect and efficiency we feel patients deserve when visiting a physician’s office. The office of Dr. Yvonne VanArsdale-Imani fell far short of meeting our expectations in any of these metrics. I took both my daughters in to see a new doctor today. M is 21, and S is 17, and they have both outgrown a pediatric office. We checked online to try and find a female doctor, and made an appointment today at 2pm for S and 2:15 for M. We arrived a little early, a filled out our paperwork for new patients. Oddly, the pre-paperwork does not ask about either thyroid health or diabetes. That should have been a sign. They were both scheduled for an introductory visit and physical. M had a specific concern that she asked me to be present to question the doctor. Her thyroid TSH has been running high and since I am hypothyroid, we thought that it might not be a bad idea to ask some questions pertaining to that. I also thought that since my thyroid is hypo, as is my oldest daughter’s, that perhaps we should check my youngest daughter as well. S got called into the exam room, and I went with her. I mentioned to the nurse (technician?) that I had some specific questions for the doctor. The nurse told me that since this was a physical, we were not allowed to ask questions. This was a preventative visit only, and any questions for the doc had to be posed in a follow up visit. I was more than a bit surprised at this. We were not asking for treatment for some sort of a transient condition such as an ear infection. We were referring to what appears to be a hereditary issue for our family to be checked. I asked for a TSH test to be performed just as a baseline check to see if a chronic condition exists. I asked the nurse for that test and then I excused myself from the room so that S would be comfortable with the exam (I am her dad). I went out and joined M in the lobby, and she was called in. We went in, and the pre-questions started. I wanted to leave the room so M could be comfortable answering private questions, so I told the nurse / tech that we had some clarifications for the doc that we needed for her thyroid. The nurse then told me the same thing… no questions about items NOT included in the physical. I pointed out that we had previous test results that we brought, and that as part of the visit and the physical, we wanted the tests repeated, and had questions about other tests. The nurse (named Aubrey, I think), was not listening to me when I was answering her questions. I could see M getting distressed during this exchange. Aubrey said that we could not discuss the thyroid issues unless there had been a diagnosis previously made. Again, I was amazed. Let’s see…. My daughter is here for a physical, but we can not ask about what seems to be a chronic health condition? I want to be clear about something else… Aubrey was clearly not pleased to be talking to me. She was sullen at best, and exhibited a strong amount of passive hostility. Not a happy person, nor one that you would expect to be working in a people-oriented position. I asked for clarification on why we could not ask specific questions about M’s health, and Aubrey abruptly stood up, told us she would send in the office manager, and left. When she left, M started to cry, said she wanted to go and never come back. Once again, this is a person who is an emotional rock. M said that the facility didn’t feel clean, and that even the colors on the walls (browns and grays) were depressing. I told M that we would stick around to at least get paperwork for a blood test, and then get out. We proceeded to wait another 20 minutes before the office manager came in. The office manager did seem nice, and was pleasant to deal with. She also tried to explain that concerns about a thyroid were not things that were covered in a physical. I argued and I said that we were not in there for stitches, or an ear infection, or a broken arm and trying to get that attended to under the “free” cost of the physical. We were there trying to understand if a known condition which may be chronic (high TSH) was present and that we wanted a thyroid panel to check. At that point, I said to cancel the physical, change it to an office visit, and I would pay the additional $10 for the co-pay. It was my impression that this office was exceptionally and primarily concerned about cash. The office manager left us to wait for the doctor. We waited another 10 minutes. The doctor arrived, and had no pleasantries to say by way of introduction. She also arrived _already_ wearing gloves. Later, M mentioned that she felt gross when the doc wanted to check her out, not knowing where those gloves had been. I mentioned to the doctor that I had some specific questions and that I would leave in order to afford privacy. I asked about Thyroid tests, and proceeded to get a lecture from the doctor about how it was inappropriate for her to talk to me about my adult child’s medical conditions. My daughter then said that she wanted me there because I had more experience with thyroid issues. At this point, the issue should have been done. If the patient tells a doctor that another person may ask questions on their behalf, then the doc needs to keep her personal opinion to herself. She then proceeded to tell me that she has had parents of a 30 year old present for visits. Again, I wanted to tell her that if the patient approves, it is none of her dang business. She agreed to have a thyroid test performed, and I had heard enough so I left. We simply will never be back. After the visit, M was so stressed out by the whole ordeal and especially the gloves, that she broke down and cried in the car again. In summary, this did not give me the feeling of a great place to get healthcare. The front office staff looked and acted sullen, the technician Aubrey was hostile, the facilities were a downer at best, and who knows where the doc’s gloves had been (For crying out loud, if you want to wear gloves, put them on in the exam room. We don’t want you even touching a door knob and then coming in to touch a patient). We had a 2:15 appointment that took until almost 4pm to see the doc. We won’t be back.

May 28th, 2013
If you value your health go elsewhere!
. The wait was short and the staff seemed good but "Dr." Imani made me feel really uncomfortable. I was just about to get married and due to a situation where a family member of mine has Hep C I wanted to get a blood test and I needed to start birth control. I asked her a few questions about the different types of birth control and the side effects and I kid you not her exact words were "Cant you Google it?" At some point during my appointment her cell phone rang and she literally jumped up and ran to go get it and she was gone for about 15 minutes. After all that I had a problem with the birth control that left me bleeding for 45 strait days. She didn't care to help. I had to switch doctors to get help. She doesn't care at all about her patients.

May 23rd, 2013
Great experience
Very attentive with an infectious laugh. Dr Imani is a good people person and generous with her time.