Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

2.5

Jul 27th, 2015

Dr Imani is ok. Appts wait time is horrible though, sometime 2 to 3 hours

Jun 15th, 2015

Lacks passion...and it shows.

waste of time and money! show details waste of time and money!
Mar 13th, 2015

I was seen st Dr imanis office as an ER follow up. I would never go to her office had I known what a waste of time it would have beenI had been seen at the emergency room for ovarian cysts I came and told her that I had not improved because after my emergency room visit I had a sharp pain in the middle of the night and ever since then I don't have feeling in my legs I feel the blood flow is blockedshe said no there is no twisting of your ovary because that's what they looked for I tried to explain the pain did not happen until after the emergency room she said well they didn't find anything so I'll send you to a gynecologist they never checked my urine even though I was there for a UTI as well just let me go home as my husband SAT and waited in the waiting room he heard her tell her assistant that she needed to leave and she got on her phone and made an appointment to get her eyelashes done and said she would be there immediately she was leaving right then so she didn't have time to even question what my problem was. not to mention the receptionist the man did I make a payment for past bills that they had never worried about before before I could see this doctor don't waste your time or money

Mar 13th, 2015

Feel like a number, not a patient!

Mar 9th, 2015

Rude and condescending

by lisa c on Aug 7th, 2014

Rude, dismissive and kept me waiting forever. She smelled like she just ate a whole bag of doritos and tested me like I rudely interrupted her lunch.

Terrible service show details Terrible service
by CG on Jun 6th, 2014

I'm writing this on behalf of my mother who is a senior and isn't internet savvy. She had terrible experiences in this office. She had to wait for several HOURS one time and had a long wait another. The staff was very unprofessional (including the doctor) and very uncompassionate. I'm glad she was able to go back to her original doctor! I do not recommend this office to anyone!

Jun 2nd, 2014

Horrible bedside manner, sloppy appearance. If you make an appointment be ready to wait at least an hour in the waiting room before they bring you back, and getting a prescription refilled is a nightmare

Worst experience with a doc ever. EVER! show details Worst experience with a doc ever. EVER!
by Frank W on Jan 2nd, 2014

The positive reviews on this page have absolutely got to be bogus. Even if not, don't take the chance.... at best this is a bipolar doctor and you don't want to take the chance of catching her on a bad day. We just had an incredibly awful experience at a doctor’s office this afternoon for both of my daughters. I bet I have seen my oldest daughter cry 10 times in the last 10 years, and I just saw her cry twice in less than an hour. There is a certain base level of friendliness, compassion, cleanliness, respect and efficiency we feel patients deserve when visiting a physician’s office. The office of Dr. Yvonne VanArsdale-Imani fell far short of meeting our expectations in any of these metrics. I took both my daughters in to see a new doctor today. M is 21, and S is 17, and they have both outgrown a pediatric office. We checked online to try and find a female doctor, and made an appointment today at 2pm for S and 2:15 for M. We arrived a little early, a filled out our paperwork for new patients. Oddly, the pre-paperwork does not ask about either thyroid health or diabetes. That should have been a sign. They were both scheduled for an introductory visit and physical. M had a specific concern that she asked me to be present to question the doctor. Her thyroid TSH has been running high and since I am hypothyroid, we thought that it might not be a bad idea to ask some questions pertaining to that. I also thought that since my thyroid is hypo, as is my oldest daughter’s, that perhaps we should check my youngest daughter as well. S got called into the exam room, and I went with her. I mentioned to the nurse (technician?) that I had some specific questions for the doctor. The nurse told me that since this was a physical, we were not allowed to ask questions. This was a preventative visit only, and any questions for the doc had to be posed in a follow up visit. I was more than a bit surprised at this. We were not asking for treatment for some sort of a transient condition such as an ear infection. We were referring to what appears to be a hereditary issue for our family to be checked. I asked for a TSH test to be performed just as a baseline check to see if a chronic condition exists. I asked the nurse for that test and then I excused myself from the room so that S would be comfortable with the exam (I am her dad). I went out and joined M in the lobby, and she was called in. We went in, and the pre-questions started. I wanted to leave the room so M could be comfortable answering private questions, so I told the nurse / tech that we had some clarifications for the doc that we needed for her thyroid. The nurse then told me the same thing… no questions about items NOT included in the physical. I pointed out that we had previous test results that we brought, and that as part of the visit and the physical, we wanted the tests repeated, and had questions about other tests. The nurse (named Aubrey, I think), was not listening to me when I was answering her questions. I could see M getting distressed during this exchange. Aubrey said that we could not discuss the thyroid issues unless there had been a diagnosis previously made. Again, I was amazed. Let’s see…. My daughter is here for a physical, but we can not ask about what seems to be a chronic health condition? I want to be clear about something else… Aubrey was clearly not pleased to be talking to me. She was sullen at best, and exhibited a strong amount of passive hostility. Not a happy person, nor one that you would expect to be working in a people-oriented position. I asked for clarification on why we could not ask specific questions about M’s health, and Aubrey abruptly stood up, told us she would send in the office manager, and left. When she left, M started to cry, said she wanted to go and never come back. Once again, this is a person who is an emotional rock. M said that the facility didn’t feel clean, and that even the colors on the walls (browns and grays) were depressing. I told M that we would stick around to at least get paperwork for a blood test, and then get out. We proceeded to wait another 20 minutes before the office manager came in. The office manager did seem nice, and was pleasant to deal with. She also tried to explain that concerns about a thyroid were not things that were covered in a physical. I argued and I said that we were not in there for stitches, or an ear infection, or a broken arm and trying to get that attended to under the “free” cost of the physical. We were there trying to understand if a known condition which may be chronic (high TSH) was present and that we wanted a thyroid panel to check. At that point, I said to cancel the physical, change it to an office visit, and I would pay the additional $10 for the co-pay. It was my impression that this office was exceptionally and primarily concerned about cash. The office manager left us to wait for the doctor. We waited another 10 minutes. The doctor arrived, and had no pleasantries to say by way of introduction. She also arrived _already_ wearing gloves. Later, M mentioned that she felt gross when the doc wanted to check her out, not knowing where those gloves had been. I mentioned to the doctor that I had some specific questions and that I would leave in order to afford privacy. I asked about Thyroid tests, and proceeded to get a lecture from the doctor about how it was inappropriate for her to talk to me about my adult child’s medical conditions. My daughter then said that she wanted me there because I had more experience with thyroid issues. At this point, the issue should have been done. If the patient tells a doctor that another person may ask questions on their behalf, then the doc needs to keep her personal opinion to herself. She then proceeded to tell me that she has had parents of a 30 year old present for visits. Again, I wanted to tell her that if the patient approves, it is none of her dang business. She agreed to have a thyroid test performed, and I had heard enough so I left. We simply will never be back. After the visit, M was so stressed out by the whole ordeal and especially the gloves, that she broke down and cried in the car again. In summary, this did not give me the feeling of a great place to get healthcare. The front office staff looked and acted sullen, the technician Aubrey was hostile, the facilities were a downer at best, and who knows where the doc’s gloves had been (For crying out loud, if you want to wear gloves, put them on in the exam room. We don’t want you even touching a door knob and then coming in to touch a patient). We had a 2:15 appointment that took until almost 4pm to see the doc. We won’t be back.

If you value your health go elsewhere! show details If you value your health go elsewhere!
by Meg on May 28th, 2013

. The wait was short and the staff seemed good but "Dr." Imani made me feel really uncomfortable. I was just about to get married and due to a situation where a family member of mine has Hep C I wanted to get a blood test and I needed to start birth control. I asked her a few questions about the different types of birth control and the side effects and I kid you not her exact words were "Cant you Google it?" At some point during my appointment her cell phone rang and she literally jumped up and ran to go get it and she was gone for about 15 minutes. After all that I had a problem with the birth control that left me bleeding for 45 strait days. She didn't care to help. I had to switch doctors to get help. She doesn't care at all about her patients.

Great experience show details Great experience
by Chuck c on May 23rd, 2013

Very attentive with an infectious laugh. Dr Imani is a good people person and generous with her time.

worst dr visit ever!!! show details worst dr visit ever!!!
by nursing student on Apr 9th, 2013

I was recommended this Dr by my old as my insurance had changed. I waited 50 minutes to see her and spent less than 5 minutes while in her office. She didn't answer any questions, dismissed my concerns, she said I had to make another appointment to help me with the reasons I made my app( thyroid and GI issues) can't even take blood work at her house and her front desk staff was the worst. How does a physical take less than 5 minutes?? I told her staff what needed to be seen for and they said would put sown as overall physical since was new patient.. Would never recommend her to anyone and will be looking for a better Dr asap.. Zero stars as nothing about this Dr was remotely good.

patient show details patient
Mar 27th, 2013

I went once and will never, never go back. I guess this says it all.

Worst experience show details Worst experience
by Benito Gonzales on Mar 7th, 2013

My son and I had our first appointment today and was probably the worst experience I have ever had.Ms. VanArsdale-Imani showed no respect for my son and I argued with me. Very unprofessional will never go back to her

This doctor sucks! show details This doctor sucks!
Feb 10th, 2013

She is rude and it cost me way too much to see her because she coded my physical wrong. I went to her twice. Both times I had to wait for almost an hour to see an exam room and she didn't solve my problems.

Did I see the same physician that the negative responders did? show details Did I see the same physician that the negative responders did?
Oct 24th, 2012

I moved to New Mexico over a year ago and, based on my health insurance, was looking for an in-network primary care/family physician. Dr. Yvonne Van Arsdale-Imani was on the list.I visited the practice before I made an appointment and found the office and front-desk staff to be pleasant. I checked Dr. Imani's credentials and found them to be impressive. I asked if the doctor was a person who was open to patient comments and was told that she was. I didn't want a physician who was dogmatic and/or condescending. I made an appointment and was pleased with Dr. Imani's ability to listen and discuss treatment options that would work for both of us. I like her honesty and I talk with her about my specific medical needs and concerns.I am not petty enough to ridicule how she dresses or judge if she wears a wig. I go to Dr. Imani because she has given me sound medical advice and thoughtful patient-centered care.

Very Unprofessional and sloppy looking show details Very Unprofessional and sloppy looking
Aug 14th, 2012

When she walked into the room, my mother and I just stared at each other. It seemed like it was going to hurt her to say Hi or Goodmorning. She gave my mother a scary diagnosis also. I called and cancelled the follow up appointment. No thanks!! We will find another doctor. She also needs to get rid of that matted wig she's wearing.

Feb 29th, 2012

Extremely poor bedside manner. Patronizing, argumentative, seemingly dislikes people and patient care. I was a practice manager for a medical group for 7 years...there is no way I would have kept this Dr around on my watch...

My experience with Dr. VanArsdale-Imani show details My experience with Dr. VanArsdale-Imani
Oct 24th, 2011

I had read some of the reviews on this doctor while trying to find her address in Albuquerque. She has been in several cities but not easy to find here.As I was set for an appointment by the provider but had misplaced her contact info.I thought that the ratings were very negative but decided I needed to find out what the beef was and then decide if I needed to get a different Doctor.I was pleasantly surprised by the nice office and kind staff. The forms were short as was the wait. The waiting room was not over crowded and quiet.The aide took my vitals and other information and entered it into the computer and made notes for the Doctor. She was pleasant and professional, the wait for the doctor was minimal and she was also surprisingly curtious and professional.Asked many questions and spent more time than I had generally gotten from other doctors in town. She seemed interested in providing me with referals and whatever I might need to maintain good health. I question that some of the other reviews may not be true and suggest that if you need a good doctor you try her and get your own experience.

Great Expierence... show details Great Expierence...
Oct 19th, 2011

Not Sure what all the fuss is about,but when I saw this doctor, she was complete opposite of the reveiws I read. I only went to see her because of word of mouth. Also, I enjoyed the fact that she treated me like a human being, she was relaxed and assertive. I left with a smile on my face...

Jul 17th, 2011

She shows lack of interest or concern for patients. Not only did she give me a scary "diagnosis" without test results, but also did the same for my husband and even prescribed him medication that could have potentially dangerous. She will get you in for an appt. quickly because she spends little time with her patience. I've never seen a physician behave so unprofessionally.

Jul 14th, 2011

I find Dr Imani a caring physician, she istens carefully and does not rush through an appointment. It takes quite a while to find a doctor one can trust and like, and Dr Imani is that doctor.

awful, disinterested and unprofessional! show details awful, disinterested and unprofessional!
Jun 11th, 2011

unfriendly, mumbles, not interested in listening, seems very distracted and disorganized. doesn't even look or dress like a professional - looks like she crawled out of bed and dragged on nearest clothes. I found someone else FAST!

May 30th, 2011

When the Dr. came into the room, she acted like she wanted to leave right away. I had to convince her to talk to me about my problem and pain. Her advice and diagnosis was wrong and even made me sicker. She refused to refill a medication I had been on for years. She was talking on her cell phone in the waiting room infront of patients.

Rude, unprofessional,sloppy looking Dr. show details Rude, unprofessional,sloppy looking Dr.
May 9th, 2011

The 1st time I saw this MD (I use the term loosely) I thought another pt. had accidently walked into mu exam room. The Dr. had her cheeks stuffed with foul smelling food and she was dressed like a total slob. ahe wouldn't listen to my symptoms after I spoke the words 'back ache' and dismissed me with directions to see a chiropractor and take ibuprofen. I have since had fusion surgery on my 'back ache'. Where or more importantly HOW did she get a medical license? I don't care if she works for a clinic and makes a 'small'salary instead of a private practice she should be investigated by the AMA and put through counseling on temperament and bedside manner. DO NOT GO TO THIS DR!

Unprofessional show details Unprofessional
Feb 23rd, 2011

I thought it was just me that was having a bad experience with her. She is very unprofessional, unfriendly and just doesn't care about her patients. She doesn't listen at all. My first visit she asked what all my symptoms were and I had only named 3 so far & she cut me off rudely and said "we don't have time for all that, just tell me the main ONE" after that I diagnosed myself since she was NO help, all I needed was her to give me paperwork to get an ultrasound done to prove what I had. Once I did that she made me come in for the results, I did and she forgot why I was even there! I had to tell HER what I was there for, she said I was correct on my diagnosis & gave me a high five. I had already made a consultation with a surgeon before I even had that appt. cuz I KNEW I needed surgery. Another time I went she got up to look into a prescription for me, came back to the room & didn't even do it..I had to remind her what she was doing. Another time I asked her if she could check my ears cuz I was having ear pain, she forgot to do so. A week later I had a schedule an appt. to get seen for a possible ear infection since she didn't do it when I had asked. I can keep going but you get the point. I don't trust her to medical knowledge.

Bad Doctor show details Bad Doctor
by Patient on Feb 10th, 2011

She did not asked any quisetions and just when't whith what i told the nerse and sent me elsewhere was whaiting 45 and with the doctor took 5 min on both visits because she didn't have time for me for 2 issues on the first apptmnt. and didnt even toch my back she just sat on a chair and wrote out perscription.

Terrible show details Terrible
Jan 19th, 2011

Unbelievably bad bedside manner, which would be ok with me if she was good at practicing medicine. However, poor communication skills and inability to understand patient's concerns results in an inability to diagnose even the most uncomplicated issue. Dr. seemed confused, mumbled a lot, and ordered lots of unnecessary tests to compensate for poor diagnostic skills, then didn't know what to do with results when tests arrived. Don't go here- they'll get you in fast, but now I know why. An urgent care "doc-in-the-box," who I had to go to after getting nowhere at her office, diagnosed and treated my symptoms in 15 minutes.

by Professional female patient on Aug 9th, 2009

Worst doctor I've ever seen. Went for my physical, pap smear. I'm not sure if you could call it physical. Other than the nurse taking my blood pressure and Imani doing my pap smear. She didn't even ask me any questions about my health history, what medications I'm taking or listen to my heart and lungs. She has no people skills and is unprofessional. I was early in the morning on a Tuesday so she was obviously not tired from a long day of patients. If you want quality care don't go see this one. If you hate people why would you become a doctor? I have moved around a lot and seen many doctors but never anyone like this.