inactive

Zabrin Inan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

May 1st, 2015
Run, and don't look back!
She won me over during our first MTG + & it got insidiously goofier as time went on. I was over medicated. I was being treated for depression and she put me on Chantix (bad move) tried to send me for 2 brain scans and wrote in my records that I was bipolar, which scwewed me for insurance. She would often spend whole sessions telling me her problems, which were very drama filled. The last straw was when she called me at 10pm to verify my credit card number. I canceled my card immediately & switched to a calmer, saner acting Dr. Who I've been seeing since. This woman needs professional help and I hope, for all our sakes, she gets some.

April 24th, 2014
Dr. Inan is a true threat to her patients. I witnessed Dr, Inan, a child psychologist, describe her relationship with her children as "I was starting to hate my kids." Her kids have severe development issues and if you understood their environment you would understand why. She over medicates and changes medication rapidly without proper titration or monitoring. Her personal life is a wreck which is the last thing you would want of a therapist who arguably should be able to navigate a relationship with compassion and alacrity. She does not. I know four people that saw her professionally and we all share the same opinion. She sucks!

May 3rd, 2012
Dr. Inan made my daughter ill
This doctor is always late sometimes leaving my family and me waiting outside a locked office. Most times she doesn't even have our file. Our daughter fell ill due to the medications this doctor put her on. Did we receive adequate medical care and follow up by Dr. Inan? No.

May 2nd, 2012
I was referred to Dr. Inan because of her skill in treating complex mood disorders. My doctors just couldn't help me any longer. Dr. Inan is attentive and caring, and her approach regarding medication is in line with the National Institute of Mental Health (nimh.nih.gov), which states that the most effective treatment often requires trying different combinations of medications then adding others for accompanying disorders. On her recommendation, I purchased time release pill boxes after learning such medications are correctly taken only 40% to 70% of the time because of skipped doses, incorrect doses, or simply overlooked instructions. Like most people I prefer to do may own research and have found that the Mayo Clinic website and WebMD are also reliable sources for information about complex mood disorders. Its been almost two years since Dr. Inan stopped taking new patients and closed her Chicago office and, based on my experience, I am upset by two recent posters' (lack of) credibility, which was brought to my attention by a good friend. Dr. Inan not only tracked my compliance (or lack thereof), but any pharmacy report of a patient-requested refill, refills between appointmentsclaiming lost pills, expired prescription or such, and explained whyin personnot by phone or email. Dr. Inan made a major change in my medication regimen during which the old medication dosages (with no refills) are lowered and removed, and then new dosages or medications are introduced. The poster omits a lot of information in their post about waiting for Dr. Inan (when on numerous occasions she just showed up) and medication adjustments (the notion of at one time being on 15 different medications). A patient can fire a doctor at any time, so why didnt they, if shortly afterwards they were REALLY AWARE of what they thought Dr. Inan was like. They couldve left Dr. Inans care at any time. When the recent poster said, It took me three months to find a doctor who would take my insurance, I couldnt understand how that was any fault of Dr. Inans. Again, why not contact their insurer for referrals to doctors that take their insurance? Bluntly, my referral experience was less about insurance coverage than doctor/patient rapport, and anyone whos been the target of a loved ones mood swings can understand why this is important. I believe the Internets anonymity is being exploited. I don't think that any of Dr. Inan's personal information about her and her children should be posted in this forum. Bottom line: A couple of years ago, I thought it was silly to post a tribute to Dr. Inan who is now practicing again in Chicago, but now I dont. Shes saved a lot of people, perhaps even myself, Shes saved a lot of people, perhaps even myself, and she shouldnt be passed over because a couple of disgruntled former patients scathing reviews --who posted reviews two years after being in Dr. Inans care-- within a couple of months of each other!

February 25th, 2012
Run for your mental health life
Initially I found Dr. Inan to be caring and interested in my mental health care. But shortly afterwards I became REALLY AWARE that this women was overhelmed with numerous outside issues and she had no problems in sharing this information with me. Trust me when I say no one wants to know their psychiatrist that intimately. Dr. Inan believes in problems with pills and then the problems are the pills she will treat them with more pills. At one time she had me on 15 different medications. Don't expect her to answer your calls whether its to schedule an appointment, if your in crisis or your pharmacy needs to talk to her. There were numerous times I showed up at her office telling her I had an appointment becasue she would never return my calls. If you do decide to be her patient, I suggest you bring a book (War and Peace) as you will wait and wait and wait. (I never waited anything less than 90 minutes for her.)What makes her the most dangerous is Dr. Inan left the state, never informing her patients. Bottom line, she abandoned her patients without arranging for someone to follow our care and manage our medication. It took me three months to find another doctor who would take my insurance. In that time I was left to manage my own medication and try to figure out what to do when my medication ran out and there were no refills and no Dr. Inan to prescribe them. This woman not only has numerous DSM IV diagnosis herself, she is a pill pusher and more importantly UNETHICAL and DANGEROUS. To be this doctor's patient is to be suicidal and to stay with her you might just end up dead!

August 18th, 2011
Dr Inan is a caring and excellent doctor who has brought our teenager into understanding of why and how his mood disorder needs ongoing treatment. We have seen a steady improvement in grades, maturity and best of all his confidence that he can deal with an illness that is lifelong.

June 3rd, 2011
I don't think it would be an overstatement to say that Dr. Inan saved my life. About six years ago, I was hospitalized for acute anxiety and bi polar disorder. It was serious enough that I was not able to return to work for five more months, partially due to medications that had to be gradually brought up to the right dose. While doing so, my Dr. wanted to see me twice a week in the beginning due to some serious side effects/issues that would have serious consequences. It did the trick, I started feeling myself "coming back to life" Since I didn't really think I was bi polar given what I knew about the condition, I thought that I felt good enough after a year to stop using the medications. The Dr. I had been seeing had move away and within months I was headed back into a debilitating depression coupled with anxiety. As another year passed it became clear to me that there was really only one way to end the depression. Luckily I was referred to Dr. Inan first. When I called her to make an appointment, she told me that since I would be a new patient, the earliest she would be able to see me would be in five weeks. She took down my information over the phone, gave me an appointment date, and asked what she would be seeing me for. I told her what I was being treated for, and that I'd been off my medication for about a year, and she said that I was to come in as soon as possible. She kept me on the phone while she figured out when she would be able to see me, and insisted that I get in that afternoon. When I got there, she confirmed my pervious Dr's anxiety/bi polar diagnosis, got me back on my medication, and gave me studies that show 60% of the people who were being treated for bipolar and go off the medication end their lives. She put me back on the same medications, and again had to work up to the full dose in increments with several visits. During one of those visits after she had seen an improvement she said that when this medication is working properly we could do something about that ADHD, something I had been treated for as a child but had not told either her or my previous Dr., and it was pretty impressive that she could so accurately make that call in just a couple visits. At first I was concerned about the amount of different medications and when I brought the prescriptions to the pharmacist, I asked if I was being over medicated. She looked at them, asked if it was bi polar, anxiety, and ADHD? she said no, I wasn't. Her opinion was confirmed when I had to have a different Dr. prescribe my refills. He saw nothing unusual, and even noted that she took care in making sure that the medications she prescribed were well paired. Dr. Inan is in the midst of a family situation that I can only imagine are horrific. It has resulted in some bad publicity and maybe some rash decisions that a mother would not see as rash under the circumstances. There are two sides to every story, and since the one that will sell newspapers is the one that is in them, it is probably the one that makes the best headline, which is really sad. I can't imagine going through something so personal and heartbreaking, and have it all become a headline to sell newspapers.

March 30th, 2011
our MD referred us
Our MD referred us. We found Dr. Inan to be highly knowledgeable and professional. Would recommend her to others.

February 27th, 2011
Dr. Inan took time to make sure that we had referral that worked for us, and throughout the 2 years that she saw me,was caring, thoughtful. Made huge difference in my life.

February 1st, 2011
recommind
I was referred to Dr. Inan by my doctor. Dr. Inan is an excellent doctor who helped me tremendously, including encouraging me, for the first time, to begin to take responsibility for my own contributions to my problems. She is a life saver.

January 12th, 2011
Compentent & Caring Doctor
Dr. Inan was the ONLY psychiatrist who would treat me while I was pregnant! I called her office crying, desperate for help with my Generalized Anxiety Disorder and depression early in my first pregnancy hoping against hope for a doctor who would continue to treat me during pregnancy. Not only did I get an appointment and the medication I needed immediately, I also found one of the most compassionate and understanding people I've ever met.See, after finding out I was pregnant I couldn't get any help from my physician, OBGYN or any other psychiatrist in my insurance network. They all told me it was too risky to take meds while pregnant. So I took their advice and went cold turkey...didn't work...tried a "less risky" med...didn't work for me either...I was starting to believe I would have to quit my job and stay in bed for nine months for the safety of the baby, UNTIL I talked to Dr. Inan. With continued medication, I was able to work and function. Two happy and healthy children later, I have Dr. Inan to thank. I highly recommend Dr. Inan.

July 21st, 2010
Dr. Inan has been a great resource for helping me manage my ADHD medication. I've been a patient for several years and she has helped me get the most from my meds. She is good about getting you to rate how well you feel a certain medication is working for you, and she isn't afraid to try different doses until you feel the most comfortable. Like I said, she's been great.