A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Zahid Afzal:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Zahid Afzal is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Zahid Afzal, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Colon Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Afzal graduated from American University of the Caribbean, Coral Gables. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Afzal has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Little Company Of Mary Hospital
- Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Zahid Afzal MD is a male Internist, has 14 years of experience and practices in Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Zahid Afzal practice?
- Dr. Zahid Afzal has 4 office locations.
Dr. Zahid Afzal practices Gastroenterology near Joliet, IL.
Additional practice locations include: New Lenox, IL and Downers Grove, IL.
See Joliet Gastroenterologists.