Dr. Zahid Zafar MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 1st, 2015
Ms.
Thoughtful and knowledgeable. Listens.

May 23rd, 2015
Not for me.
I have visited this doctor several times over the past year. I've received contradictory information from him and his PA. The PA will GOOGLE medicine and ask me what medicine I'd like to take. Dr. Zafar doesn't listen to me and doesn't address my questions. Instead I get lectured by him about my weight each time I'm in the office- despite the fact that I've asked multiple times about problems. All of my problems are "solved" with a new prescription, not searching for the cause of the problem. He spends more time looking at the computer than talking to me. I will be finding a new doctor. However, the staff is incredibly friendly and kind. It's always easy to get an appointment.

April 17th, 2015
Great office and the best doctors !!!!!

September 16th, 2014
This Doctor not only listens but he is attentive to your need and he is not one to just write you a prescription without understanding your problem. I had this doctor since 2007 and my grandparents started seeing Zahid as their Primary Care Provider.

August 26th, 2014
fantastic doctor!

May 31st, 2012
Docotr ran late and left without seeing us
I took my granmother for an appointment with Dr. Zafar and he was running late. It was 2 1/2 hours total before we were helped in the room.My grandmother had always had to be seen by nurse practioners and with her new insurance she could see a doctor. I was happy about that. Dr. Zafar came highly recommended and I was looking forward to this visit.We were very patient with the wait and we were the last ones there over the lunch hour. We waited in the room and instead of Dr. Zafar we got the nurse praactioner. Dr. Zafar had left and left us to see the nurse practioner on our first and very long visit there. Even though he ran late he left before we could be seen. It would have been nice if he came and introduced himself to us and explained he needed lunch or whatever it was and that we would be left in good hands. In the nurse practioners defense, she was great. That's beside the point.

November 4th, 2010
Reeka RN
I work with Dr. Zafar. I think he is EXCELLENT! Love the accuracy of diagnosis.

October 17th, 2009
Thorough, concise. Excellent follow-up & understanding of what is needed.
This is a doctor who listens, cares andis knowledgeable. Felt confident that Iwas in good hands, someone I could workwith.

July 28th, 2009
The best in McKinney
Dr. Zafar and his staff are the most caring in the medical field. You may have to wait, but it is worth the wait. He is very thorough and spends as much time with you as needed no matter how many are in the waiting room. He has been our doctor for over 10 years and we adore him. He is so kind and loving to his senior patients. Consider yourself lucky if you have him for a doctor.

February 18th, 2009
Dr. Zafar
Normal doctors office: Long waits, rude receptionist, feel like I am a burden to the staff, once in the office you have to wait even more for the Dr., Dr. doesnt care just give you meds and out the door. Dr. Zafars office: Totally different. Receptionist is nice and friendly, staff is welcoming and helpful, fast and efficient so the wait isnt to long, Dr. comes in pretty fast after you have been taken to the back, he listens to your concerns and explains what you should and shouldn't do, as well as explains the medicine he prescribes so that you understand what you are taking and what side-effects you may experience. I have never felt like I was a bother at this office like I have at so many other offices, the office is busy but always polite and you never feel like they are to busy to take care of you.