Dr. Zaigham Ansari Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Zaigham Ansari?

Very understanding...

Posted on December 29th, 2013

Dr. Z is a very nice, & patient psychiatrist. I've never had to wait longer than 5 mins to see him. He is very understanding and honest with you, as long as you are honest with him. He knows his patients and gives you very good advice, he is also a great listener. Doesn't try to force anything on you as some psychiatrist try to do. I feel he is one of the best out there. Thank you Dr. Z!

Great Medical Partner in Dr. Z

Posted on June 17th, 2013

We have been seeing Dr Z for two of our children for just over 6 months. Dr. Z is very accomodating in understanding parents concerns vs. appropriate treatment for our girls. While we are still working on getting things normalized in my daughter who has been diagnosed with ADD, Depression, Anxiety, and OCD - we are very pleased with Dr. Z's accomodating nature and expertise. I would highly reccomend Dr. Z and the staff at PSY, undertsanding that therapy, parental involement, and collaboration is critical.

An Answer to Prayer

Posted on April 25th, 2013

My husband and I had spent over 18 months and $5000 out of pocket with therapy and psychological testing for our daughter before finding Dr. Z. He was recommended to us by a friend. He is empathetic and his diagnosis and treatment plan for our 9 year was spot on. Within 2 days, teachers, parents and friends noticed positive changes with our daughter. His office staff is very friendly and helpful. The office files your insurance and does not expect payment on the first visit. The office waits for your insurance claim to come in. We have recommended Dr. Z to several friends already.

Best Ever

Posted on April 19th, 2012

My daughter has been seeing Dr Ansari for over a year. Dr Ansari has given us Hope for my child. He is caring compassionate and truly wants whats best for his patients.As a Nurse myself I know a good MD is hard to find and I think hes AWESOME and my daughter the patient likes him as well. He listens to what my concerns are as a parent and explains things to my daughter so she understands them!!Im sad he is relocating to another area! He will truly be missed but his new patients DONT know how lucky they are to get him as a doctor. I wish him the best!! We will truly miss him!!

Doctor's Response

It is very intersting to notice that unhappy and angry parents are trigger happy to post biased and opinion loaded rating for a provider which is a surprise for the provider itself. My experience is that we see complicated cases and bias against psychiatry in general. As a child Psychiatrist, it is even more complicated as there is perception of parents and then there is a reality at home which is disconnected. I appreciate this mother for taking time to post some honest feedback and means a lot for us providers who care for their patients and wish them best. Dr Ansari

Do not trust this doctor with your child's care.

Posted on September 10th, 2011

We saw Dr. Ansari for meds for our child who was 7 at the time. Our son now has a diagnosis of adhd, bipolar and aspergers combined. We were experiencing a wide variety of symptoms when we saw him. We had a hard time making appointments everytime we tried. Dr. Ansari blew off each and every one of our concerns with our child and just insisted on more medication each time. The medications he put him on made him over the top manic and we ended up having to admit our 7 year old child to a pshyciatric hospital for a week while his meds were changed. This was the culmination of many frantic phones calls and attempts to make appointments with this doctor. Once we had our 7 year old admitted and on the right track, his response was "Good, now we can get him into a residential facility". At that point we dropped him as our son's doctor. The medications he prescribed were not monitored properly nor were the effective. We realize psychiatric meds are trial and error but he ignored our pleas and our concerns and then wanted to ship our 7 year old off to a residential treatment facility which was NOT what he needed.

Doctor's Response

as per Parents own comments, their son had multiple diagnosis and especially underlying Autistic spectrum disorder kids have more complicated presentation and issues. We as clincian have limited resourses as we do med check only but sadly kids with above diagnosis need much more services. Residential is a very helpful therapuetic intervention when outpatient services are failing which can be multi-factiorial. It is sad to just blame providers for their kids needing more services when issues or triggers mostly are at home in interactions and actions of the parents at times. Without judging as I don't know who is this child and parents, I can understand their frusation but blaming doctor alone is not solution. We are living in a society where every one wants quick fix without taking personal responbility and find it easy to blame others as an escape.DR Ansari

THIS DOCTOR DOES NOT CARE!!!

Posted on November 18th, 2010

I have been seeing doctor Ansari for a year and a half and realy wish i hadn't. First he does not seem to listen or care at all. Every time I would see him he does not remember what meds I am on and ends up asking me what i'm taking. This last time he asked if I was taking meds that i haven't taken in years. He never takes notes and it seems like all he is trying to do is get you out the door. When I started seeing him he said he would only charge me forty dollars a visit since i don't have insurance. It turned out he was charging me $80 and did not remember telling me that. The visits are supposed to be 15 minutes but he is just trying to get you out the door in less then five. i once asked him how many patients he does in a day and he said about thirty! he is a horrible, uncaring doctor who seems to only be in it for the money. stay clear of this doctor!

Doctor's Response

most of the facts here are again misrepresentation. We have to do documentation of all the cases in the session and I certainly know myself as I have never left office without documentation. Yes, we see lots of patient and we always look at the chart to see what has been done and what need to do in future. Med check are 15 min appointments standered across psychiatry but some patients feels its unfair but they they need to talk about this with insurance companies who only pay for 15 min for meds. I think patients wants to discuss other psychological issues then meds but they need to see counselor for detailed feedback. We as psychiatrist are trained to do psychotherapy but med management role and obligation are different and Sometime hard for a patient to understand. Dr Ansari

full of himself, a horrible doctor

Posted on February 13th, 2010

I saw him a total of perhaps seven times. Each time he came across as misogynistic and rude. All of my medications were fine and I had been on them all steadily for a year, but my doctor retired. Dr. Ansari informed me that he "did not like" some of the medications I was on and insisted I change them, immediately. He refused to write refills on the medicines I was taking and immediately switched me to the medicines he approved of, which sent me into a horrible mess of withdrawal and side effects that lasted the ENTIRE TIME I SAW HIM. Because he switched multiple meds at once, there was no way to know what was causing the problem but when I tried to describe my symptoms he would constantly interrupt me. He once told me I was probably feeling hormonal. Even if that was the case (it wasn't) it was presumptuous and rude of him to negate my feelings and concerns completely by saying it's a female problem. I felt like I had gone back in time to see Freud. The whole experience was horrible and totally unnecessary. I finally refused to see him anymore and switched to another doctor at the practice who listened to what I said and put me BACK onto all of the medicines I was on before and then I felt fine. My entire experience with Dr. Ansari was a farce. All he needed to do was continue with the medicines I was on, they had been working fine for over a year and there were no problems, but his ego and sense of entitlement allowed him to feel like he could play with my medicines like I was a lab rat for him. The last appointment I had with him I told him I was a real human with real feelings and I wondered if he even comprehended what I said or if he bothered to listen at all. The fact was, the man made my ability to work, take care of myself, my son, and be a loving and attentive wife nearly impossible. After a year in his "care" I was horrifically depressed, a mess of terrible side effects and had gained thirty pounds from his "better" medications. I'd like that year of my life back, but hopefully someone else can read this and keep a year of theirs instead!

Doctor's Response

It is unfortunate that you had such a bad experience with me but this is not norm for me. Most of the patients who switch providers, my experience is that there next switch is even worse as they expect something that is not reality based. most of the patients have underlying personality issues and perception issues and we doctors saddly get draged into their world of their reality. I can bet that this patient will have similar experience with other providers but hopefully he got help that he is looking for. Dr Ansari

Posted on February 10th, 2010

Been taking my son to this so called Dr for almost 3 years. He has never taken the time to accurately diagnose and has only prescribed meds based on other doctors recommendations. My son is now unable to attend regular school because of his behaviors and has been in VB Phych Hospital twice now and all this guy does is ask why and what is he taking now. He has been treating my son for ADHD, bipolar, and ODD all this time and have just discovered he has Asperger's which I only found out by taking him to another practice for a complete evaluation which was something Ansari never even recommended. He always seems to be more interested in getting to the next "customer" instead of trying to really help.If you don't mind throwing money at your problems without fixing them and like being treated like a customer instead of a patient I highly recommend him.

Posted on April 20th, 2016