Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Terrible show details Terrible
by S. Beeman on Jul 14th, 2015

This is cautionary information about Dr Zaki G. Ibrahim of South Denver Spine. When needing surgery, research your doctor’s background thoroughly because you may learn they are not the doctor for you. Get a 2nd and even 3rd opinion early on. Dr. Ibrahim is hands down the worst doctor I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. Initially, he came across as a compassionate Dr but it time it became apparent that this was not the case. Rather than reviewing my file before entering the office, he asked me every time where my pain was even after performing surgery on me, a surgery that was most likely not the correct surgery for my condition. It clearly states on his site that he performs discectomies for patients with leg pain and back pain caused by a herniated disc. I questioned him as to why he was choosing to do a fusion surgery as most of my pain was in my leg and he stated it was because I had back pain. A family member in the healthcare field and her co-worker believed fusion was not the correct surgery. He unfortunately did not come to the conclusion that my back pain was in my sacrum, unrelated to the L4 disc herniation. He performed a fusion surgery in Feb of 2014 and by May of 2014 I was in unbelievable pain in my sacrum, a complaint I had been making since shortly after surgery. Additionally (although I did not know it by May 2014) the bone graft he used was beginning to grow outside of the fused area and was beginning to press on my L4 nerve. Once again he was not able to diagnose my sacrum pain and wanted me to see a primary care physician because I had lost so much weight. Weight that I had, in fact, lost due to pain and nothing else. The pain in my sacrum had become so severe; I was forced to do just about everything on my knees because I could not bend over. Dr Ibrahim performed surgery on me and then hung me out to dry. The bottom line is that when the Dr. was unable to determine the source of my pain, he behaved as it was all in my head. It only took 5 minutes for a doctor from CU to determine that my back pain was coming from my sacrum. Since then I have had CT scans showing arthritis on both sides of my sacrum. It was determined by a physical therapist that I had absolutely no movement in my sacrum. As the months went by and I continued intense PT for my sacrum, the bone graft used during the fusion surgery continued growing into my L4 nerve, causing excruciating pain. I was now in a situation that was worse than prior to surgery. My leg felt as if the nerve was being strangled. It was incredibly tight and truly unbearable. In Dec of 2014 I had a complicated revision fusion surgery performed by an excellent CU DR. The bone growth from the original surgery caused nerve damage which takes anywhere from 6 months to two years to heal. At 7 months I suffer daily from leg pain.

Please read if your considering this provider show details Please read if your considering this provider
by Matt Rogers on Apr 28th, 2015

This review is for my wife who saw Patrick Sawyer in the centennial office. She was diagnosed with a confirmed disc problem. The initial visit was pretty good. The follow up visit violated the hippocratic oath specific to doing no harm. She was seen for continuous back pain to see what else could been done. Patrick made her feel like she was a seeker of more pain medication although the three month supply lasted five and she was looking for other options other than medication. He told her that her pain had nothing to do with the diagnosed back injury and that she should seek out another specialty such as a rhumetologist or someone who could prescribe something for fibromyalgia. He indicated that she must of had a pre existing issue which he would not known of because he never asked about prior history. Over all she said he was distracted, condescending, less than professional during her visit. I spoke to her right after the appointment and she was in tears. So harm was done during this interaction and I would not recommend anyone to this provider. If you wondering why I am writing this versus my wife, she would rather not relive the experience and I feel strongly that when medical professionals operate with such ego they should be placed on notice that being humble goes a long way

by Ann W. on Mar 13th, 2014

Dr. Ibrahim took a great deal of time with me, explaining my problems well and giving me multiple choices of conversative treatment, which I appreciate. I was referred to him by my friend who had successful surgery with him. I highly recommend him.

Oct 18th, 2012

Dr. Ibrahim was not only professional and courteous, but warm and friendly as well. Dr. Ibrahim and his staff went above and beyond in revery aspect of our experience, from scheduling to bedside manners, their promptness and compassion were evident every step of the way. We could not have asked for a better experience or outcome!

This doctor goes above and beyond! show details This doctor goes above and beyond!
Oct 15th, 2012

Dr.Ibrahim, did my first surgery in 2007 he was at that time with another group. When I got home i tripped over a runner carpet and fell landing on my back. I went to see him a few days later at a follow up apt, to make a long story short, he called me every day at lunch to ask me everyday how are you doing?It took 3 weeks but eventually I did get better. He is knowledgable, compassionate and a genuine rare dr. I have had 2 back fusions and one clean up surgery now, all done by him, it has been 2 and 1/2 years since my last surgery and back to about 95% to my prehurt back level.There are other Dr's with better known names in denver area, but you will not get any better care with them, this doctor and his staff are top notch! If you want someone who actually cares see him!

Aug 7th, 2010

Dr. Ibrahim is an excellent surgeon. He helped me regain my ability to participate in everything I like to do.

May 11th, 2010

He is exactly what I expect of an excellent doctor. i would recommend him to everyone.