Dr. Zane Saul MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 9th, 2015
Do NOT Put Your Health In the Care of This Office
Dr. Saul's office has the worst receptionist I have ever encountered. They do not care about the patients and no matter how many messages you leave a doctor or nurse will not return your call to answer any complications you are having. There is a blond bimbo receptionist who is as smart as a tree stump; dark brown haired, fat receptionist who is lazy and God only knows who else works behind the desk; but all of them including Dr. Saul could careless about their patients. Worst experience ever. Do NOT put your health care in the hands of this office. Go to Yale New Haven Hospital. Dr. Saul is terrible-arrogant, doesn't care to listen to the patient, and does very little if anything in his line of work; yet charges $275 a visit. Staff are rude, inconsiderate, and incompetent. Would never suggest any family or friends to seek care with this office.

July 9th, 2015
Extremely POOR Care-Do NOT Seek Care From Dr. Saul's Office
Dr. Saul's office has the worst receptionist I have ever encountered. They do not care about the patients and no matter how many messages you leave a doctor or nurse will not return your call to answer any complications you are having. There is a blond bimbo receptionist who is as smart as a tree stump; dark brown haired, fat receptionist who is lazy and God only knows who else works behind the desk; but all of them including Dr. Saul could careless about their patients. Worst experience ever. Do NOT put your health care in the hands of this office. Go to Yale New Haven Hospital. Dr. Saul is terrible-arrogant, doesnt care to listen to the patient, and does very little if anything in his line of work; yet charges $275 a visit. Staff are rude, inconsiderate, and incompetent. Would never suggest any family or friends to seek care with this office.

October 9th, 2014
Don't Waste Your Time
Dr Saul does not treat beyond three months regardless how severe your lyme disease is. He treats everyone the same as cattle and does not treat co infections. I was on a picc for three months, started to get better and once it was removed I relapsed. He refused to treat beyond that and insisted that my symptoms were psychological. Now I'm disabled and in a wheelchair. Don't waist your time, find yourself a good lyme literate md. People are not receiving the right treatment because of the IDSA guidelines. If we change those it could lead to prevention of Chronic Lyme in the first place.

April 1st, 2014
Life Saver
Whether called on to help allergies or to save a life from severe sepsis, dr. Zane Saul is absolutely, positively, as good a physician as I have ever met.

May 25th, 2013
We were sent to Dr Saul for my daughter who was diagnosed with Lyme disease. I had to call the office twice in setting up an appointment and both times the woman on the phone was rude. I then called a day before her appointment to make sure they received the referral from the pedoatrician's office so there would be no issues. The woman was completely rude and inconsiderate. I was actually trying to make sure things would go smooth on the office end the next day and she was "bothered" by my following up. Then the office visit itself was ridiculous. We were called in to the exam room after waiting about 10 minutes but then we sat in the exam room for one hour and twenty minutes! When he finally did come in, he was very short and gruff with my daughter, a 16 year old. She asked him about several headaches she has been having and he quickly dismissed her about the symptoms should go away. Someone then knocked on the door (he had been in the room for about 3-5 minutes at this point) and said he had a phone call and he got up and said he was done. Never would I go back to this doctor and I am sorry but every patient deserves time when they are in the exam room. It is inexcusable that we waited that long and didn't even receive his attention.

February 7th, 2013
Patient in for vaccinations for upcoming vacation
Doctors (3) were running an 1 hour and 45 minutes late. Did not call to advise. I would not visit this practice again.

November 8th, 2012
Horrible Experience
I am currently a student in college and in the beginning of the semester I was diagnosed with Lyme Disease. The doctor who diagnosed me with Lyme said that Dr. Saul was the person to see. His practice is close to my home but i go to school about 3 hours away but because I was told I had to see him I made the trip. I think I waited about an hour before I was seen, and that was only after telling one of the nurses that I had another doctor's appointment I had to get to shortly. The sum of my interaction with Dr. Saul was me describing my symptoms and him saying yes, that sounds like Lyme and prescribing me an antibiotic. The antibiotic made me so sick that I could only eat twice a day and found it hard to get to my classes. When I his office to tell him and that I needed a note to inform my university about my condition I was told he was out and would give me a call the next day. I did not hear from him so I called again the day after. He had left a note for the nurse saying there was nothing he could do for either of my issues. Overall I have had a miserable experience with Dr. Saul and if I had to do my treatment over again I would not consider seeing him.

July 6th, 2012
Wait time is often 1 hr.+ from scheduled appt. so I simply plan accordingly. I do value Dr. Saul's care and his willingness to discuss treatment options with me and discuss my medical concerns. He is not one to jump to rash treatment, takes my life style into consideration when making recommendations for care. In short, I wish the timing issue were better, but overall, I feel the care I receive from Dr. Saul is worth the wait.

March 20th, 2012
Good doc
The office staff could use some lessons in customer service... and I don't like how they schedule the appointments... it seems like they book everyone for the same time, then it's first come first served. I prefer doctors that will see me at the time of my appointment.

January 19th, 2012
Having to wait 5 weeks for an appointment for a physicial is excessive. Office staff can be indifferent and ineffective. I don't like how they schedule multiple people for the same appointment time and then keep you waiting. First it's the lobby, then it's in the exam room. Oveall, Dr. Saul is a good doctor -- or I would have left by now.

October 14th, 2011
Dr. Saul is a true doctor
Dr. Saul not only is a brilliant doctor, but he is a kind compassionate human being. He healed my daughter, when no other doctors could even figure out a diagnosis. God bless him.

June 20th, 2011
Not all what you expect for infectious disease
Agree that staff member was a nightmare when trying to access files , calls never returned , and very shallow depth of character and or emotion to one whom's life has been serious fight against nightmare Tick Born infection. Might want to save time and money and find a Dr that best understands you and truely cares.