Dr. Zane Saul Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Zane Saul?

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Zane Saul?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 19th, 2017

dangerous disregard for patients

Released WITHOUT treatment when both testing and many clinical symptoms indicated Late Stage Neurological Lyme and a number of Coinfections, including Babesiosis .  He was reluctant to view test results and did so impatiently and hurriedly ,  I had to INTERPRET Babesiosis results  for him, (different results for Duncani vs Microti ) he is actually shockingly ignorant about Lyme and Coinfections;  denied Duncani is endemic in Northeast or MD where I contracted it from a blood transfusion- this is 100 percent INCORRECT -Duncani  is EVERYWHERE,   ( in fact I have both forms), obviously does not want to take on late stage complex cases of patients who carry Medicaire insurance (Disabled). Finally, after several visits, he conceded it was  POSSIBLE I have infectious disease, I then had to pry recommendations of LLMD's to follow up with for treatment,  ALSO, ( a revealing anecdote), apparently he thinks its a big HOOT when a patient confides in him that their widespread searing, lacerating pain is progressing and unendurable,  he smiles sarcastically , and says disdainfully, "oh come now... ha , ha." This shockingly uncaring, arrogant, and flippant manner is one's reward for  2-4 hr  wait each visit, (not exaggerating -one time it was actually 4 hrs,- no apologies), when I pointed this out to office staff they said," that's the way it is if you want to see a good doctor", add on dealing on an ongoing basis with the most rude and verbally abusive office manager/assistant I have ever encountered, all after which he was unwilling to stay in the room even 5 minutes. Came to him with documented, longstanding symptoms of multi system infectious disease, including, ( but not limited to); diagnosed and documented severe neuro/vascular, and immune system damage. His offhand manner clearly belied his disinterest and lack of compassion for the suffering  of this patient. He is responsible for further delaying my treatment for serious late stage Neurological Lyme and multi system infectious disease. I have ZERO respect for this man-no integrity, no ethics, no competence, and NO COMPASSION  for an OBVIOUSLY  desperately ill patient ,who comes to him in need, and TRUSTING he would care enough to do his best to help. I can only guess that he saves these attributes for those who come to him with private insurance. If this is the case, it would best he NOT ACCEPT Medicare or Medicaid patients at all.

July 18th, 2017

"First Do No Harm", failing to recognize and treat advanced stage Neurological Lyme and Coinfections is HARMFUL

Released WITHOUT treatment when both testing and many clinical symptoms indicated Late Stage Neurological Lyme and a number of Coinfections, including Babesiosis . He was reluctant to view test results and did so impatiently and hurriedly , I had to INTERPRET Babesiosis results for him, (different results for Duncani vs Microti ) he is actually shockingly ignorant about Lyme and Coinfections; denied Duncani is endemic in Northeast or MD where I contracted it from a blood transfusion- this is 100 percent INCORRECT -Duncani is EVERYWHERE, ( in fact I have both forms), obviously does not want to take on late stage complex cases of patients who carry Medicaire insurance (Disabled). Finally, after several visits, he conceded it was POSSIBLE I have infectious disease, I then had to pry recommendations out of him for LLMD's to follow up with for treatment, ALSO, ( a revealing anecdote), apparently he thinks its a big HOOT when a patient confides in him that the widespread searing, lacerating nerve pain is progressing and unendurable, he smiles sarcastically , and says disdainfully, "oh come now... ha , ha." This shockingly uncaring, arrogant, and flippant manner is one's reward for 2-4 hr wait each visit, (not exaggerating -one time it was actually 4 hrs,- no apologies), when I pointed this out to office staff they said," that's the way it is if you want to see a good doctor". Add on dealing on an ongoing basis with the most rude and verbally abusive office manager/assistant I have ever encountered, all after which he was unwilling to stay in the room more then 5 minutes. Came to him with documented, longstanding symptoms of multi system infectious disease, including, ( but not limited to); diagnosed and documented severe neuro/vascular, and immune system damage. His offhand manner clearly belied his disinterest and lack of compassion for the suffering of this patient. He is responsible for further delaying my treatment for serious late stage Neurological Lyme and multi system infectious disease. I have ZERO respect for this man-no integrity, no ethics, no competence, and NO COMPASSION for an OBVIOUSLY desperately ill patient ,who comes to him in need, and TRUSTING he would care enough to do his best to help. I can only guess that he saves these attributes for those who come to him with private insurance. If this is the case, it would best he NOT ACCEPT Medicare or Medicaid patients at all.

July 9th, 2015

Do NOT Put Your Health In the Care of This Office

Dr. Saul's office has the worst receptionist I have ever encountered. They do not care about the patients and no matter how many messages you leave a doctor or nurse will not return your call to answer any complications you are having. There is a blond bimbo receptionist who is as smart as a tree stump; dark brown haired, fat receptionist who is lazy and God only knows who else works behind the desk; but all of them including Dr. Saul could careless about their patients. Worst experience ever. Do NOT put your health care in the hands of this office. Go to Yale New Haven Hospital. Dr. Saul is terrible-arrogant, doesn't care to listen to the patient, and does very little if anything in his line of work; yet charges $275 a visit. Staff are rude, inconsiderate, and incompetent. Would never suggest any family or friends to seek care with this office.

July 9th, 2015

Extremely POOR Care-Do NOT Seek Care From Dr. Saul's Office

Dr. Saul's office has the worst receptionist I have ever encountered. They do not care about the patients and no matter how many messages you leave a doctor or nurse will not return your call to answer any complications you are having. There is a blond bimbo receptionist who is as smart as a tree stump; dark brown haired, fat receptionist who is lazy and God only knows who else works behind the desk; but all of them including Dr. Saul could careless about their patients. Worst experience ever. Do NOT put your health care in the hands of this office. Go to Yale New Haven Hospital. Dr. Saul is terrible-arrogant, doesnt care to listen to the patient, and does very little if anything in his line of work; yet charges $275 a visit. Staff are rude, inconsiderate, and incompetent. Would never suggest any family or friends to seek care with this office.

October 9th, 2014

Don't Waste Your Time

Dr Saul does not treat beyond three months regardless how severe your lyme disease is. He treats everyone the same as cattle and does not treat co infections. I was on a picc for three months, started to get better and once it was removed I relapsed. He refused to treat beyond that and insisted that my symptoms were psychological. Now I'm disabled and in a wheelchair. Don't waist your time, find yourself a good lyme literate md. People are not receiving the right treatment because of the IDSA guidelines. If we change those it could lead to prevention of Chronic Lyme in the first place.

April 1st, 2014

Life Saver

Whether called on to help allergies or to save a life from severe sepsis, dr. Zane Saul is absolutely, positively, as good a physician as I have ever met.

May 25th, 2013

We were sent to Dr Saul for my daughter who was diagnosed with Lyme disease. I had to call the office twice in setting up an appointment and both times the woman on the phone was rude. I then called a day before her appointment to make sure they received the referral from the pedoatrician's office so there would be no issues. The woman was completely rude and inconsiderate. I was actually trying to make sure things would go smooth on the office end the next day and she was "bothered" by my following up. Then the office visit itself was ridiculous. We were called in to the exam room after waiting about 10 minutes but then we sat in the exam room for one hour and twenty minutes! When he finally did come in, he was very short and gruff with my daughter, a 16 year old. She asked him about several headaches she has been having and he quickly dismissed her about the symptoms should go away. Someone then knocked on the door (he had been in the room for about 3-5 minutes at this point) and said he had a phone call and he got up and said he was done. Never would I go back to this doctor and I am sorry but every patient deserves time when they are in the exam room. It is inexcusable that we waited that long and didn't even receive his attention.

February 7th, 2013

Patient in for vaccinations for upcoming vacation

Doctors (3) were running an 1 hour and 45 minutes late. Did not call to advise. I would not visit this practice again.

November 8th, 2012

Horrible Experience

I am currently a student in college and in the beginning of the semester I was diagnosed with Lyme Disease. The doctor who diagnosed me with Lyme said that Dr. Saul was the person to see. His practice is close to my home but i go to school about 3 hours away but because I was told I had to see him I made the trip. I think I waited about an hour before I was seen, and that was only after telling one of the nurses that I had another doctor's appointment I had to get to shortly. The sum of my interaction with Dr. Saul was me describing my symptoms and him saying yes, that sounds like Lyme and prescribing me an antibiotic. The antibiotic made me so sick that I could only eat twice a day and found it hard to get to my classes. When I his office to tell him and that I needed a note to inform my university about my condition I was told he was out and would give me a call the next day. I did not hear from him so I called again the day after. He had left a note for the nurse saying there was nothing he could do for either of my issues. Overall I have had a miserable experience with Dr. Saul and if I had to do my treatment over again I would not consider seeing him.

September 1st, 2012

disappointed

July 6th, 2012

Wait time is often 1 hr.+ from scheduled appt. so I simply plan accordingly. I do value Dr. Saul's care and his willingness to discuss treatment options with me and discuss my medical concerns. He is not one to jump to rash treatment, takes my life style into consideration when making recommendations for care. In short, I wish the timing issue were better, but overall, I feel the care I receive from Dr. Saul is worth the wait.

March 20th, 2012

Good doc

The office staff could use some lessons in customer service... and I don't like how they schedule the appointments... it seems like they book everyone for the same time, then it's first come first served. I prefer doctors that will see me at the time of my appointment.