Dr. Zena Monji Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Zena Monji?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 4th, 2016

HORRIBLE bedside manner!

December 30th, 2014

Dr. Monji is an excellent doctor and seems to know quite a bit about what she's talking about. She does not have the best bedside manner, and comes off quite cold. That being said, she's never dismissed my concerns or ignored my questions, although she is intimidating.

October 12th, 2014

AVOID!!!

The office she works in is amazing. She, on the other hand, is horrid. I saw her instead of my own OB due to my primary being at a birth and Monji was incredibly discouraging of a natural birth, told me word for word that I would likely end up with a Cesarean because I was fat and laughed at me when I answered her about not wanting pain medication. She has the highest C-section rate of any doctor in the are and is known to all medical staff as the doctor with a knack for knives. AVOID AVOID AVOID. Unless you are planning on having a C-section for medical reasons, I'm sure with all her practice she probably does them well. Her beside manner is wanting, a LOT. Beware of snarky, rude comments and inconsideration of patient dignity.

December 10th, 2013

Dr. Monji was the best doctor who helped with menapause

I like the fact that she helped me through my initial menopause after having a complete hysterectomy from severe pain in my ovaries and ovarian cysts. She had the utmost integrity about my situation and treated me kindly. She did my surgery and after, i was fixed and no longer in pain. Thank you God and Dr. Monji. I have not had issues since I have quit my HRT and went on with life like all other females my age. 55. At the time she was my doctor, she was also Chief of Staff at McKenzie/Willamette Hospital. She is a busy doctor, but always found time to help me. I found her bedside manner great. She gave great advice, specially to someone who went into menopause immediately after surgery. She is easy to understand.

August 12th, 2013

Dr. Zena Monji was the doctor who came on call shortly after my daughter was admitted to the labor and delivery room. The regular O.B. was on vacation. My daughter had explained to her regular doctor that there were certain things that she preferred in regard to her birthing her child. One of those things was that she was determined to be allowed to have a family member video tape the birth as was done with her other pregnancies. She didn't want Pitocin administered and she didn't want her bag of water manually ruptured. Her doctor agreed to abide by her requests. Dr. Monji entered the room after my daughter had been laboring for 1 and 1/2 hours and had progressed from 4 centimeters to 7 centimeters. Dr. Monji told my daughter that she understood that she didn't want her bag of water to be ruptured. My daughter answered, that's correct. Dr. Monji then sternly announced that she was going to get "the show on the road" and then said to my daughter, "you know what that means, right?" Dr. Monji then proceeded to rupture the bag of water and then gave orders to the nurse to administer Pitocin. My daughter felt like there was no use in complaining as the doctor had made it clear that this is the way things were going to be. Less than an hour later, the baby was crowning. I got my video camera and started video taping. As Dr. Monji entered the room to deliver our little angel, she sternly said to me......."shut if off." I ignored her remark and so she once again, more sternly said..."turn it off". I didn't want to make a scene or argue with her while my daughter was giving birth so I turned it off and fought back tears, knowing how disappointed my daughter was going to be. Dr. Monji was cold hearted and lacked compassion from minute one. I tried to talk to her in the hall a little later about the video taping and she pretty much snubbed her nose at me and said that it was HER prerogative to make HER own rules and walked away. The nurses tried to explain to me that Dr. Monji was just trying to protect herself from any possible law suit. She will NEVER be allowed to deliver any of my grand children again and I would not recommend her to anyone.

May 27th, 2012

cold

I saw Dr. Monji 15 years ago when I was pregnant. For all I know, she may be a capable and knowledgeable doctor, but she seemed cold, and didn't show any care or friendliness to me. I switched obstetricians, and found someone who was wonderful, warm and compassionate. Today, I needed an emergency gynecological consultation, and, as my doctor was not the on-call physician, had my phone call returned by Dr. Monji. Again, she seem completely callous and disinterested with my situation. She did not help at all.

July 14th, 2017