A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Zhi Mao:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Zhi Mao is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Zhi Mao, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Kidney Cancer
- Kidney Dialysis (Renal Dialysis)
- Nephrotic Syndrome
- Urinary Incontinence
Education & Awards
Dr. Mao graduated from The University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas.
Dr. Mao has 19 hospital affiliations:
- Methodist Dallas Medical Center
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Mao accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 2 plans
- Humana - 11 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans