Dr. Zhiqiang Sun MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

July 25th, 2016
You can do better than this guy.........
I have always waited, and waited and waited if I am lucky only a hour and a half to be be seen after my appointment time. Poor English skills. Hard to get a parking place. Feel that I was just a number, here is your prescription good bye. Never asked any history questions. Just looked at the computer screen and did what he did before and my symptoms are getting worse.

July 18th, 2016
I visited this office once. When I arrived there was no where to park. Once I walked to the door there were several people standing outside of the doorway, blocking the entrance, smoking and hanging out. I went inside, signed in, and there was absolutely no where to sit. That explains all of the people standing outside. I was finally seen after waiting 2.5 hrs and was only with the doctor for 20 mins. Recently I tried calling to speak with someone, I have called 3 separate days and still have yet to hear back from a single person. I feel that Dr Sun's schedule is way overbooked, thus causing overcrowding, not everyone seeks drugs, but it appears that a lot of his patients are "seekers". The overcrowding and patients standing at the checkin window begging for meds are huge turnoffs for a pt that simply wants help. He's a nice guy and seems to genuinely care, but he simply doesn't have the time in the day to focus on each pt individually.

July 16th, 2016
Why critize what you don't understand
Dr.Sun tells you like it is. Being Bipolar is a side effects of suicide. Hallucinating can be more of a serious mental disorder, unless you abuse the medication. I would wait 2 hours to see him if I had to. Its about quality of living. Mental Disorders are embarrassing, hard to talk about and harder to hide. He will not prescribe what's not needed.

June 30th, 2016
Dr. Sun is by far the best doctor I have ever had since being diagnosed with a psychiatric illness. He speaks to you as if you were actually a human being, not just another patient. Yes, the wait to see him is quite, but it is well worth the wait.

March 16th, 2016
He gave me lithium, Adderall and Cymbalta to take along with my Lexapro. He might as well told me to go home a take and write a suicide note!

February 3rd, 2016
Dr. Sun is a disgrace to the substance abuse community. I work in the substance abuse field at an outpatient treatment facility. Many of my clients have come to me stating they have been off of opiates for a number of years and when they go to see Dr. Sun he will tell them to get on Suboxone (an opiate blocker). This is not only unethical but could also lead to relapse and death for my clients and many others who Dr. Sun has the chance to get a hold of. If it were up to me I would have his license pulled and an investigation into his practice. He is money hungry and takes advantage of addicts trying to recover by offering them what is essentially their drug of choice. STAY AWAY.

March 19th, 2015
Dr sun saved my life!!

November 8th, 2013
Dr Sun is warm, friendly, compassionate and truly cares about my well being.

July 12th, 2013
Nice man, TERRIBLE doctor
Actually all of the stars could have been 5s the problem is there is no star for doctor's effectiveness. Dr. Sun has no clue how to treat mental illness. What good does it do to have wonderful bedside manner and nice office, but no ability to accurately treat patients? I have bipolar disorder and at one time he had me on cymbalta, zyprexa, haldol, AND adderal. Seriously? Antidepressant and amphetimes to a bipolar patient? At best he is inadequate and worst negligent. His ineptitude caused me to spiral into mixed states where I was hallucinating and made multiple suicide attempts. No treatment is better than what he provides.

February 22nd, 2012
Prescribed meds that have major(bad) interactions!!!
Gave a combination of: Effexor, Adderal, Xanax. Patient was oxycotin abuser, taking Benedryl, and a host of other meds . Just the Effexor and adderal taken together is a major NO from the FDA. This guy is clueless, dangerous, and takes his sweet time seeing you. RUN away; the entire practice is a disaster.

July 27th, 2011
waiting...
Everytime I call this doc to get an appt. there is nothing for a month. They always say he is going to be out of the office. Geeze who is out of their office for weeks at a time...

April 16th, 2010
This man is the most ridiculous excuse for a doctor. I was having night terrors and becoming violent and injuring myself at night due to the bipolar disorder and he would only return my calls at 9 or 10 at night. This is unacceptable i could have really been hurt and had no one there to be involved with my care