Dr. Zia Abdi MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

December 2nd, 2015
Poor and racial discrimination
I was about 18 years old at the time when Dr.Abdi examined me. For a pap smear which I thought it was unusual for a doctor to smell your vaginal instead of giving you a proper exam ,then he humiliated me by saying I was stink just talking loud so the other customers heard him.Now I'm 43 years old and until this day I still am haunted by this I refused to be taken care of bye a foreign doctor .

March 18th, 2015
Best Doctor ever!!!!!!!!!!!

March 16th, 2015
Dr. Zia Ahmad Abdi is eccentric. You must take time to get used to him.

January 13th, 2015
Caring and Smart
Dr Abdi is very caring and also very smart. He sees many people, he works fast and I imagine he comes home tired, but is always energetic and funny. I love him, he helped in 2014 like no other arrogant doctor has.

March 3rd, 2014
VERY PROFESSIONAL
I have been a patient for 10 years , very professional ,fast proper diagnosis,i would recommend him..

August 22nd, 2013
Treatment
I have known Dr. Abdi for over 15 years. He is the best doctor I have ever had and because of his fast and proper diagnosis 2 weeks ago I have been saved long and painful weeks of nerve pain from shingles. I would recommend him to anyone. He cares about his patients and treats us accordingly.

March 23rd, 2013
Happy Patient
Dr. Abdi is a great physician and really spends time with his patients. He truly cares about his patients and is very, very smart. I highly recommend Dr. Abdi to everyone. His staff is awesome as well!!!!

March 9th, 2013
I've been going to Dr. Zia Abdi for some time, roughly 7 years. There is substantial wait time but I've always accepted that as a reality however, the one time I made a point of being there as soon as the office opened I learned something very troubling about Dr. Zia Abdi. His office opens at 8:30 and I arrived at 9am. I was the first one in the office. The point of the visit was to have my daughter examined. I naturally assumed that I would be in and out before 10am. I paid my copay ($55.00) and sat down. It wasn't until 9:45 am that we were finally brought into one of the examination rooms. The nurse weighed my daughter, took her blood pressure, and wrote down the information gained. And we waited. And waited. At 10:20 I got frustrated and asked one of the nurses where the doctor was. She said he usually arrives at 10:30. Huh?! The nurses felt bad for me and confessed that he always does this, opens at 8:30 and does not show up until 10:30. It took all my energy to keep from raising Heck, Caine, and just about anything else that could be raised. 10:30 came and went, and still no doctor. I went to ask that my $55.00 be credited back to my card so that I could leave. I was told that their credit card terminal could not perform that function but the doctor, who had yet to arrive, could write a check. I was stuck. At 10:45 one of the nurses told me that "he was almost at the office". I then asked why they did not tell me this information when I came in. I was told that the nurses were instructed not to divulge this information. Finally, at 11:00 am, Dr. Abdi enters the office. He seems to be rushing as if he just walked straight from his car into the examination room. By 11:30, we were out of the office. My problem is not the wait time. My problem is the false information that is presented by intentionally omitting the fact that he normally arrives at his office two hours after "opening". And this is why I write this review, so others may know this because Dr. Abdi seems intent on keeping this from his paying customers. I'll be seeking out a new family practitioner.

October 31st, 2012
Incredible Office / Exceptional Doctor
I have seen Dr. Abdi for several years. In this time, he and his staff have been nothing but courteous. He spends as much time with me as needed, explains treatments, and is caring and responsive to my needs. He practices the kind of nostalgic medicine that reminds me of doctors of yesteryear with the science and equipment of today. He is very professional and each office visit is a breeze. I have come to actually enjoy going to the doctor for once because of his office. I read the other reviews and find them suspect. All I can say about the disparity is that it seems no one ever writes reviews of praise when deserved, but are quick to demonize without merit.

October 31st, 2012
My doctor from Childhood to date!!!!
I met Dr. Abdi when I was in high school. I graduated high school and he continued to mentor me in the medical field. I was 18 and got pregnant by my childhood sweetheart and contacted Dr. Abdi. He began to see me for my first trimester visits and referred me to my doctor for my pregnancy duration. Dr. Abdi made sure that I kept to my dream of being a Doctor. He would encourage me from 1988 to present. I am an Epidemiologist now. I am also a mother of 4 beautiful children with one on the way :) I am happily married. Doctor Abdi is VERY knowledgeable and is the doctor of choice for me, my children and MY NEW HUSBAND!!! We Love, Appreciate and Adore Dr. Abdi. Dr. Abdi does not just provide medication and medical advice, he heals the whole person. He encourages you to your life of wellness. I am grateful to have known and been with Dr. Abdi and his beautiful staff since 1988!

October 14th, 2012
Thank you, Dr. Abdi!
I went to Dr. Abdi for a last minute appointment because I had a sinus infection; he accepted my insurance and was in the neighborhood. I was in and out in 30 minutes; he diagnosed me, gave me a sample, a prescription and I was on my way. He was not my primary care provider, but after the exceptional care I received I plan on switching to Dr. Abdi.

January 10th, 2012
I will never come back again
He is a terrible doctor. He hurts people feelings. When you go to a doctor you want to feel good and he makes you feel bad. He doesn't need to be a doctor!