A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ziad Awad:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Ziad Awad, Esophageal Cancer Surgeon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease Gastroesophageal Reflux
- Advanced laparoscopic surgery
- Endoscopy Endoscopic Surgery
- Esophageal Achalasia
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Hiatal Hernia
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery Cholecystectomy
- Laproscopic Surgery Laparoscopy
- Stomach Cancer
- Stomach Stapling Gastroplasty
- Swallowing disorder Deglutition Disorder
Education & Awards
Dr. Awad graduated from University Of Baghdad. He has 7 awards.
Dr. Awad has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Shands Jacksonville Medical Center
- Shands Jacksonville
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Awad accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 2 plans
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- AvMed Health Plans - 2 plans
- Americhoice - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Ziad T. Awad practice?
Dr. Ziad Awad practices Surgical Oncology near Jacksonville, FL.
See Jacksonville Surgeons.