Dr. Zibute Zaparackas MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Chicago, IL

February 13th, 2017
I refuse to continue to go to this office.
Two times now they have made an appointment on a day that the doc is on vacation. I miss work and my daughter misses school to drive 2 hours into town for her appointment to be told that no doctors are in, just to get in the car and drive back. In order to re-make an appointment that worked for them, they wouldn't even call me one minute before 9am so that I could make new arrangements with them prior to my meetings starting. They have an extremely long list of things they can't do for you. It's all about convenience for them and it doesn't matter at all what happens to you and your family. Furthermore, I don't trust the outcome. My daughter went to her for years now, as we dealt with extremely difficult diagnoses. Out of fear of going to a lesser doctor, we never changed. Eventually, she was done with glasses. Except that now she needs them again. I am not sure that she actually got the help she needed and now we start over with another doctor. But we spent years dealing with that office when they are rude, inconvenient, and incapable.

September 12th, 2012
This was my 5 year old daughter's first experience at an eye doctor. IT started off great, the nurst who did the preliminary exam was patient, explained what she was doing and related to my daughter. They dialated my daughter's eyes which is a new experience no matter how you prepare a child. She was doing well but a little scared. We entered the room to wait for Dr. Zaparackas. Dr. Zaparackas, entered, never introduced herself to myself or my daughter. Never took any time to explain what she would be doing. My daughter started to cry as she was scared. Instead of being patient & understanding Dr. Zaparackas stated, "what is your problem, this isn't a big deal". Then proceeded to snap her fingers at my daughter to get her attention. I then saw her look impatiently at the nurse as if we were wasting her time. It was unfortunate since we were referred to this doctor by our pediatrician and were told Dr. Zaparackas is great with children. We will never recommend this Dr. to anyone with children. Her bedside manner was appalling for someone who works with children.

July 15th, 2010