Dr. Zinoviy Benzar MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 13th, 2015
great psychiatrist
Simply the best doctor out there. Pulled me out of my mysery and for the first time in 2 years I enjoyed the holidays and spent them with my family like I should have done before. I am back to being me after getting the right medications as well as psychotherapy from Dr. B. I wish him all the best because he is a miracle of of doctor. Thank you for seeing me at my convenience also.

August 10th, 2013
thanks
Dr. Benzar thank you for giving me my life back. I appreciate your patience and thank you to your girls for handling my calls all the time. You gave me the courage to go on and my family has their son and father back. I will always be your patient and wish the world to know that you are a hero in my eyes.

July 25th, 2013
wow!!!!!
So I had to wait for the doctor for 30 minutes, was getting antsy, but forgot all about the wait once I was inside. Dr. B was super thorough, did not mind explaining why I have this illness, discussed each medication and it's side effects, wrote down on a piece of paper how to take the medications, in case I forget and made sure that his secretary called car service for me and asked her to walk me to the car, since I was not feeling well at the moment. Made me promise to call the office if I was not better. I did not know that there are docs who care about people like me. Thank You to Dr. B and his secretary. I will never forget and am feeling so much better since I started seeing him 3 months ago. Bless You

July 18th, 2013
My veiw
I have been seeing Dr. Benzar for 2 yrs now and I haven't feel better. He takes time with our sessions and never rushes. He knows exactly what is bothering me and he gives me advice that gives me strength to go forward. Without him I cant even image where my life would be right now.

July 15th, 2013
I saw Dr. Benzar today. I can't get over the experience. He spent over an hour with me. Took my insurance (United Health Care). Went over the disease state, treatment options, measured my blood pressure and weight. Allowed my spouse to come inside and answered his questions. I have never had a doctor spend this much time and give me such confidence. I am ready to start taking my medications with confidence and not fear. Thank You

May 13th, 2013
Shame on you
Refused continuation of an ongoing treatment based on an operation and medication that has been approved by Mount Sinai liver clinic. Lied about FDA approved treatment options. When asked for alternatives, said you can survive w out any. This is on top of not asking a SINGLE question about behavior. Spending about 10 minutes before and after his lecture on unrelated condition in children (which didnt even sound accurate) on his phone with out saying a word and later making notes again with out saying a word. Disgusting

July 17th, 2012
A REAL DOCTOR
Dr. Benzar is a gem in the rough. He is not just a psychiatrist, but a medica doctor who made sure that my symptoms were not medically related and he was right in my diagnosis. The other doctors I went to just gave me refills of same meds. He actually helped me. I don't know of any other doctor who spends an hour with you on a visit for the crappy insurance pay. I bet you can't find a doc like this one in the city for lots of cash. Thank You Dr. for being one.

September 7th, 2011
Excellent psychiatrist
I have known Dr. Benzar professionally for many years. I am an immigration attorney who has referred to him numerous clients in need of evaluation and possibly treatment because they have to provide evidence to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services that they have been victims of domestic violence. My clients invariably report to me that Dr. Benzar is a skillful and caring therapist. The evaluations he has provided in support of my clients cases are always thorough. These evaluations have invariably resulted in success, that is, in my clients obtaining the immigration status for which they applied and to which they were entitled.

August 1st, 2009
This was the first time that a psychiatrist who takes insurance listened to my problems, actually gave me accurate medications and answered the phone when I had a question. I was impressed how up to date he is on knowing medications and side effects. I finally found a doctor that understans me.

May 5th, 2008
Although the wait time was very long Dr. Benzar took his time and was caring and supportive.