Dr. Zishan Alam DO Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Buffalo Grove, IL

• Good
  • Bad

May 26th, 2017
A doctor that takes time
Dr. Alam took all of my information himself and entered all the info on his computer as we talked. After test results were in, he was willing to spend as much time as needed to explain all the test results and why he was recommending what he was. Was willing to answer any and all questions. I also like that he uses as many natural supplements as possible leaving prescription chemical medications as a last resort.

April 17th, 2017
Best Doctor
We have Dr. Alam as our primary physician from past 6 months. He is very precise, thorough, knows what he is doing and an awesome person. I would surely recommend Dr. Alam.

October 20th, 2016
Amazed at First Visit
Dr. Alam came highly recommended. I'm glad I went. So many things make sense already of what's going on with my body and why I have certain symptoms. This is after one visit. He's very educational and more thorough than any doctor I have seen. Dr. Alam really gets the full connection of the body as a whole. I am recommending him to my family, friends and patients that come to our clinic.

April 13th, 2016
Tailored approach
Great physician that came highly recommended by my coworkers and friends. I feel great after following Dr. Alam's health regimen. He is on the cutting edge of medicine and we (my family and I) are very happy with his holistic approach to everybody's health. He is a great guide in diet and nutrition and he is very knowledgable with vitamins. My family and I had spent countless hours/amount of money trying to find the right supplements/information. Very glad we saw him. He was able to help me,my spouse, and ALL of my teenagers. Completely tailored approach with each one of us. A true family physician that sees the whole family. God bless him.

March 31st, 2016
Excellent physician who spends a great deal of time getting to know the patient and appropriately provide great care.

February 1st, 2016
a REAL Family Doctor
Great care for my whole family. He has changed my life and the life of my children for the better. I trust him with all of my family as well and my own parents are better off listening to him and doing the dietary and nutrition advise that Dr. Alam gives. He is a very caring man and I am glad my friend told me about him.

May 27th, 2015
The best doctor
Dr. Alam has been our family doctor (family of 7) for 4.5 years and we couldn't be in better hands. With Dr. Alam you get the best care. From the moment you walk into his office you get Dr. Alam and only Dr. Alam, there are no nurses to take your BP and list out why you are there, etc... Dr. Alam has the best bedside manner and spends the time necessary for proper diagnosis with you (appointments are 30 minutes long and include, as I said before, only Dr. Alam...where else do you get 30 minutes of time from a Dr?) Dr. Alam listens to why you are there and does all evaluation by himself. He offers holistic care and works on fixing your underlying problems through a systematic approach that includes blood work. How does any doctor figure out what is wrong with you and how to fix it without taking a look inside? He does not settle for prescribing some drug to cover your symptoms as so many doctors do. Dr. Alam stays current in his field, and puts new, relevant info into practice when beneficial. I could go on and on with this review listing how much he has fixed for me and my family but I think it is best to say...if you are prepared to get and stay healthy go see Dr. Alam and change your life.

May 17th, 2013
Amazing Doctor Who listens!!
Well, I have been dealing with adrenal issues for 2 years. I went to May Clinic, my primary care, and even the ER! Nobody would treat with me with respect, or listen to me. There is such an anxiety bias in medicine. Dr. Alam was compassionate, and agreed with me both on what problems I was having and how we can treat them. He also made dietary recommendations, as well as supplements to try. His office staff was warm and welcoming, and made me feel good. This is how medicine should be practiced. He is the man! Highly recommend!

February 5th, 2013
after 15 years of searching
I would like to start by saying that Dr. Alam has the best bedside manners I have seen in any doctor. For the past 15 years I have been to many specialists, unsuccessfully trying to get my cholesterol under control. My body couldnt tolerate any of the cholesterol pills (they gave me terrible aches) so my coworker suggested I see Dr. Alam. Dr. Alam was the only doctor to check my nutritional health and hormonal deficiencies. He was also the only doctor to address my diet (it wasnt that bad though, it just required a few changes). He found out that my thyroid was slow and we started to fix it. I realized that all of my other symptoms (tired all the time,constipation,not being able to concentrate, and even depression at times) were b/c my thyroid was slow and my vitamins were low. I feel so much better now and my cholesterol is finally under control if not ideal. Its like I was in a fog for the past 15 years. I am so thankful my coworker told me about Dr. Alam. My entire family sees him now and (as my husband would say) we love his natural and sensible approach to our health. Highly recommended for the entire family including kids.

September 20th, 2012
Best Doctor
Dr.Alam has been seeing our entire family for 7yrs! Not only is he a great doctor, he has great bedside manor! He takes the time to listen to you, get to know you and treat you in the best possible way! We go see him for everything! I had fallen on the job and injured my back & instead of prescribing meds, he healed me naturally & I've been pain free for nearly 6yrs! I of course go back for routine check up on my back, but no more pain! My kids get excited to see him, yes even when they are sick! Most importantly I respect & trust him with my family care & I will continue too in the future!

July 23rd, 2012
Highly Recommended
Dr. Alam took the time to listen and explain things to me. One of the most compassionate, empathetic, and intelligent doctor I've met in a very long time. Outstanding bedside manners and made me feel very comfortable and involved in my treatment plan. My family has already started seeing Dr. Alam as their regular doctor now. I HIGHLY recommend this excellent doctor to anyone.

June 30th, 2012
Impressive
Dr.Alam is consistently great with his care for his patients.My friends and I will always go see him even after we have seen specialists.I value his holistic approach to his patients. He really does care and puts my health first.I had been do multiple endocrinologists and none of them were able to help me with my diabetes and my slow thyroid. I never really felt better even though my labs "looked fine." Going through multiple sessions with Dr. Alam we were able to alter my diet and get started on an exercise program. He changed some of my medications and I felt SO MUCH better.I was actually able to come off some and reduce the does of most of my medicines once we changed my eating habit. I would say that Dr.Alam is a godsend for me. It was not easy changing my diet and some of my habits, but I feel so much better now. Thank you so much Dr. Alam. I would have never known what it is like to feel healthy again.