Dr. Zoe Draelos Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Zoe Draelos?

June 23rd, 2016

I saw this doctor years ago and a terrible experience. She put me on sulfa for rosascae (sp?). It made me so ill and after 11 days I quit taking it. She was furious. I am allergic to it turns out.

October 1st, 2015

Don't waste your time!

This doctor spends no time with you and makes you feel like she has much better things to do with her time. I was made to feel like I was an inconvenience to her. Never going back!

June 16th, 2015

Snooty Draelos

Absolutely the most snooty person I've ever met. I had a skin biopsy and it took her 3 times to remove it correctly. On the 3rd visit I asked her to look at another troubling spot and she told me to wait because she didn't want her next patient to wait. I told her to please look at it and reluctantly she did. The total time it took her to take the biopsy was less than 1 minute and I'm not exaggerating. She would have loved for me to come back so she could charge me an additional $81! Will NEVER EVER get my money again. Very cold, snooty, thinks she's better than everyone kind of person I've ever met.

February 4th, 2015

I have been seeing her for years now. Never a bad experience.

June 10th, 2014

hour long wait for routine appointment

I arrived at 3:20 for my appointment at 3:30. Was taken into the exam room at 4:00, only to wait another 20 minutes. I was then running late for work and told the lady at the desk I would need to reschedule. She seemed surprised that I had waited so long, but made zero efforts to solve the situation. Granted, maybe there was nothing she could personally do, but they lost my business--for good.

March 4th, 2014

This "practicing" doctor will not have anymore of my business. I went in to have a suspicious spot removed from my face. I have very good insurance, but she said she wouldn't file it because according to her they wouldn't pay! She removed this one spot for $70. Way too much! Two weeks later the spot is back and she wants to charge me again to remedy her unsatisfactory work. No thanks! I will not return.

February 28th, 2014

AVOID like the plague!! One visit was one too many!

I have unfortunately had to visit a number of doctors over the past few months, and Dr. Draelos was the only negative experience by far. I had a small sore on my scalp that had not healed in several months, and Dr. Draelos was the only nearby dermatologist in my insurance network. Even though I had a concerning problem, I had to wait for over a month to see her due some days on her schedule being dedicated each week to research. When I arrived, I felt like I was at a Merle Norman cosmetics boutique instead of a doctor's office - that is not a compliment. It felt very uptight, pretentious and not like a medical facility at all. The wrought metal padded chairs looked like they belonged in someone's dining room. The waiting room was quite full, which was rather surprising so late in the afternoon; doubly so since Dr. Draelos is a sole practitioner (not part of a larger practice). The office staff was curt and unfriendly, and there were a number of passive-aggressive notices posted about the facility, warning patients that no eating, drinking or smoking (understandable) were allowed, and also notifying them that cell phones were prohibited in the facility. Not just in the exam area, the entire facility. In the restroom I was greeted by another sign giving very detailed instructions on how one should properly remove one's makeup, followed by a stern warning that failure to comply would result in having to repeat the process. After waiting for 45 minutes, I was taken to one of MANY exam rooms -- again, very odd for a sole practitioner. I answered a few questions for the nurse, then waiting another 10 minutes for Dr. Draelos. When she finally saw me, she was not in the room for more than five minutes. She first looked at a blemish on my arm for few seconds and gave a quick diagnosis, wrote it on a piece of paper, and condescendingly told me to "Google it". I also had a very small open wound on my scalp that had not healed in two months. Dr. Draelos looked at it for a few seconds and declared it was the same as the blemish on my arm, even though the two spots look nothing alike. One was smooth and unirritated (like a small, smooth flesh-colored mole) and the other was a small open sore. She told me that I needed to stop picking at it or it wouldn't heal (I hadn't been). No biopsy on either, just a naked-eye exam and I was dismissed and sent on my way. I get the feeling that Dr. Draelos only sees patients out of absolute necessity to pay the bills and fund her REAL interest, which is research. She overbooks her patient days so tightly that she cannot possibly dedicate adequate time to each patient. She also seems to view patients as "test subjects" rather than human beings. I will pay out of pocket for another opinion elsewhere, and will never visit this ridiculous assembly line of a doctor's office again.

July 29th, 2013

the best dermatologist and staff...

January 27th, 2013

I had skin cancer twice and Dr. Draelos removed it very well. However, in spite of that and family history, her full-body exams are completely worthless, at that speed and distance she could not possibly find most of them, especially since half my body was covered by paper sheet (she did not ask me to remove it and I would have felt like an exhibitionist had I done it without her asking me to).

November 1st, 2012

great md

overall good experience

July 30th, 2012

Dr. Draelos was very rude. She told my daughter that she had acne due to her "weight issue" and her "caloric intake". My daughter does NOT have a "weight issue", she is an average sized, athlete. Sorry she's not a size 2.

July 30th, 2012

Unbelievably rude to patients, lack of caring, failed to sense the hurt she was inflicting on the young patient. I would never go to this poor provider nor would I recommend her to anyone.