Dermatologist (skin), Pediatric Specialist
Video profile
2444 N Main St
High Point, NC 27262
336-841-2040
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  hour long wait for routine appointment  |  show details
Jun 10th, 2014

I arrived at 3:20 for my appointment at 3:30. Was taken into the exam room at 4:00, only to wait another 20 minutes. I was then running late for work and told the lady at the desk I would need to reschedule. She seemed surprised that I had waited so long, but made zero efforts to solve the situation. Granted, maybe there was nothing she could personally do, but they lost my business--for good.

Mar 4th, 2014

This "practicing" doctor will not have anymore of my business. I went in to have a suspicious spot removed from my face. I have very good insurance, but she said she wouldn't file it because according to her they wouldn't pay! She removed this one spot for $70. Way too much! Two weeks later the spot is back and she wants to charge me again to remedy her unsatisfactory work. No thanks! I will not return.

|  AVOID like the plague!! One visit was one too many!  |  show details
by Unhappy Patient on Feb 28th, 2014

I have unfortunately had to visit a number of doctors over the past few months, and Dr. Draelos was the only negative experience by far. I had a small sore on my scalp that had not healed in several months, and Dr. Draelos was the only nearby dermatologist in my insurance network. Even though I had a concerning problem, I had to wait for over a month to see her due some days on her schedule being dedicated each week to research. When I arrived, I felt like I was at a Merle Norman cosmetics boutique instead of a doctor's office - that is not a compliment. It felt very uptight, pretentious and not like a medical facility at all. The wrought metal padded chairs looked like they belonged in someone's dining room. The waiting room was quite full, which was rather surprising so late in the afternoon; doubly so since Dr. Draelos is a sole practitioner (not part of a larger practice). The office staff was curt and unfriendly, and there were a number of passive-aggressive notices posted about the facility, warning patients that no eating, drinking or smoking (understandable) were allowed, and also notifying them that cell phones were prohibited in the facility. Not just in the exam area, the entire facility. In the restroom I was greeted by another sign giving very detailed instructions on how one should properly remove one's makeup, followed by a stern warning that failure to comply would result in having to repeat the process. After waiting for 45 minutes, I was taken to one of MANY exam rooms -- again, very odd for a sole practitioner. I answered a few questions for the nurse, then waiting another 10 minutes for Dr. Draelos. When she finally saw me, she was not in the room for more than five minutes. She first looked at a blemish on my arm for few seconds and gave a quick diagnosis, wrote it on a piece of paper, and condescendingly told me to "Google it". I also had a very small open wound on my scalp that had not healed in two months. Dr. Draelos looked at it for a few seconds and declared it was the same as the blemish on my arm, even though the two spots look nothing alike. One was smooth and unirritated (like a small, smooth flesh-colored mole) and the other was a small open sore. She told me that I needed to stop picking at it or it wouldn't heal (I hadn't been). No biopsy on either, just a naked-eye exam and I was dismissed and sent on my way. I get the feeling that Dr. Draelos only sees patients out of absolute necessity to pay the bills and fund her REAL interest, which is research. She overbooks her patient days so tightly that she cannot possibly dedicate adequate time to each patient. She also seems to view patients as "test subjects" rather than human beings. I will pay out of pocket for another opinion elsewhere, and will never visit this ridiculous assembly line of a doctor's office again.

by donna hodges on Jul 29th, 2013

the best dermatologist and staff...

Jan 27th, 2013

I had skin cancer twice and Dr. Draelos removed it very well. However, in spite of that and family history, her full-body exams are completely worthless, at that speed and distance she could not possibly find most of them, especially since half my body was covered by paper sheet (she did not ask me to remove it and I would have felt like an exhibitionist had I done it without her asking me to).

|  great md  |  show details
Oct 31st, 2012

overall good experience

Jul 30th, 2012

Dr. Draelos was very rude. She told my daughter that she had acne due to her "weight issue" and her "caloric intake". My daughter does NOT have a "weight issue", she is an average sized, athlete. Sorry she's not a size 2.

Jul 30th, 2012

Unbelievably rude to patients, lack of caring, failed to sense the hurt she was inflicting on the young patient. I would never go to this poor provider nor would I recommend her to anyone.

|  Don't bother . . .  |  show details
Jul 2nd, 2012

Very cold atmosphere upon entering - no warm greeting at all and uncomfortable. When Dr Draelos came in, it was very rushed - I wanted her to look at moles for possible issues, and remove two of them . . . removed two on my back, and they bled for DAYS! The top one feels like it's growing back. I had a follow up visit today, just to make sure there weren't issues. I waited for 1/2 hour - then it took less than 30 seconds for her to look at the areas, saying it was normal healing - however, IF the one at the top contintued to "grow" to come back for cortisone shots!!! WHAAAAAT?? I couldn't get out of there fast enough, and I am NOT going back!!

|  Happy patient  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2012

Dr. Draelos's office is one of the only ones I can go to and not have to spend half the day. She is happy to spend as much time as you need though to answer any questions you may have. I have had to take my kids to the office also and she has made them feel very comfortable during their visit. I have recommended numerous family members and friends to her office and all have thanked me for referring them. In short, if you're looking for a knowledgeable and caring Dermatologist, Dr Draelos will be a good fit.

|  Unattentive  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2011

Went in to get a full body review, sat in examining room for 20 min before Dr Zoe entered. Reviewed my face and removed 2 problems. Then she was ready to leave. Had to ask for the full body review and then she sort of stood back like she did not want to touch me, made me feel very uncomfortable.

|  Really great!  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2010

I came to Dr. Draelos after visiting several dermtologists in the area. Her office is the cleanest I have seen and very professional. She explained what was wrong with me and gave something to read so I could understand my problem. I liked it that I got to see the doctor instead of someone else.

Aug 12th, 2010

She had treated our whole family and because her services are in high demand it take three weeks or more to get in to see her.

|  Great Dermatologist  |  show details
Dec 19th, 2009

Dr. Draelos is a world class dermatologist and it is amazing that she lives in High Point. She is caring and was able to treat my skin condition that had been misdiagnosed by other dermatologists. She walked in the room and immediately knew what was wrong. I think this is because of her vast experience.

Jun 19th, 2009

I am extremely disappointed w/Dr. Draelos. I did one of the skin studies and, had I known the amount of time involved, I would have never done it. Once, I waited over 2 1/2 hrs. However, my concern now is the way I was treated after having injections to improve the sagging of my facial skin. After paying $475 for the application, there is very little, if any, improvement in my appearance. Dr. Draelos assured me that the injections would fill in and correct the sagging. When I told her that I had checked on a face lift, she said she could do the same thing with injections. While I understand there are no guarantees, she proceeded to try & blame the lack of results on me by asking if I smoke or have a lot of sun damage. The answer is no to both, so she had no explanation and pretty much dismissed me and walked out. Needless to say, I will never go back.

|  NOT RECOMMENDED FOR MOLE REMOVAL  |  show details
May 5th, 2009

Dr. Draelos has no business removing moles. On my first appointment to have my moles checked, she asked me which ones I wanted removed un==instead of providing a professional exam. Then, when she removed moles after biopsies came back irregular, she did not use sutures to ensure I would not scar. I now have a new dermatologist and when I told her what had happened previously and she saw my scars from my mole removals, she was horrified. Just trying to look out for those who have to have a lot removed - because she does not care for a patient the way other dermatologists should and do.