Zoe Gillis MD Patient Reviews

3.4

• Good
  • Bad

September 30th, 2015
9am appt, didn't see dr until after 10am. fastest exam i've ever experienced. felt like if i wanted to discuss anything, i'd be wasting her time. completed visit by handing me papers that explained that i was ovrweight but she didn't even mention it other than asking what i do for exercise and teling me it wasn't enough.

April 10th, 2014
I had several horrible experiences
I had been seeing Zoe for years for pain on right side, found to be blocked tube, which lead to blood back up every month. This was found out after several ultrasounds. I asked if the blood was backing up wouldn't that lead to problems? Told no. I was encouraged to wait out hysterectomy as I was late 40's, Also during all this pain over several years I was made to go directly,with no appointment, over to have a mammogram as I was a couple months behind, I was in too much pain so I was putting it of until I got this taken care of first. Staff at Mammogram place were rude to me because I had no appointment. Not my fault. Then back in her office she outright accused me of faking pain to get pain meds. I was not, I already had a pain contract so I knew my limits. Jump ahead to being fed up, I left out a lot by the way. Went to another Dr. who on the first day did a blood test to see if I was close to menopause. I was never given this test in the 5 years I was seen by Dr. Gillis. Test showed I was not close. She set up hysterectomy in two weeks and while waiting for surgery I ended up in ER twice,as they too were not believing me, and ended up having emergency hysterectomy. New Dr. said when they opened me up they had to dump 5 bags of saline over me to see my organs. I was in hospital for a week on antibiotics prescribed after they contacted the CDC. I literally could have died from this infection. I would not take my dog to this Dr. In fairness, I did get her once to order a hysterectomy but my husband got laid off. Once he found work a month later, I was so happy I could get the surgery but in that time space she decided I no longer would benefit. I am not a complainer but I still am in shock over this experience. It was a couple years ago.

March 30th, 2013
Loved her
I'm only a teenager and was really worried. I had a panic attack in the room and she was very good with me. She explained all the tests and procedures and made me feel very comfortable, calm, and safe. She's very understanding and not judgmental. I think she's great for any teenager.

March 18th, 2013
Be cautious!
I had Dr. Gillis with my first child. I had a severe condition that went undiagnosed for 24 weeks. I called several times to inquire about test results and was told they weren't back. When someone finally found them, she rushed me in for an emergency induction. I then ended up with undiagnosed retained placenta that required surgery. Took her 8 weeks to figure out what was wrong the second time. Scary!

July 5th, 2012
kathy
brought my teenager to her and very pleased with my interactions

March 23rd, 2011
Princ. Commodity Specialist
Dr. Gillis was very professional and took the time needed to answer all my questions. I never felt rushed. She is very good at explaining every procedure in great detail which is comforting.

November 10th, 2008
Just the right mix of friendliness, professionalism, and concern. Explains everything in great detail before & during exams & procedures, really takes her time with patients.

March 8th, 2017