Pediatricians
Lowcountry Pediatrics
101 Springhall Dr
Goose Creek, SC 29445
843-572-3300
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. Yahoo.
 |  Love!  |  show details
by Mom of three on Aug 7th, 2013

I love Dr. Pogue, if you get to see her. I do like the other doctors there, and when my kids are sick, they usually see someone other than Dr. Pogue, but, like I said, I like the other medical staff there. The nurses were very kind as well. I think Dr. Pogue is one of the most intelligent and down to earth pediatricians out there. On the same page with me every time.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by laurenward at Citysearch on Nov 7th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Dr. Pogue is a great doctor, and the staff is always very thorough and friendly. I have been taking my daughter there since birth, almost one year ago, and they have always been receptive to all of my concerns. My daughter had a medical problem and they quickly found it and referred me to a specialist. I have never had a problem being seen promptly or had any rude staff members like several of the other reviews. I have been going to this practice within the same time frame as some of the negative reviews and find it almost impossible that these situations took place, it seems suspicious. ABSOLUTELY GO TO THIS DOCTOR!

|  Not at all...  |  show details
by snowfox2047 at Citysearch on Sep 8th, 2011 on citysearch.com

This place is a complete disaster! I started taking my son here when he was first born and our experiences have only gotten worse! They make you wait 45mins and last time we went we waited for an hour and there wasn`t anybody else there. The staff is VERY rude! The \"nurse\" medical assistant had multicolor weave, very long fake nails, and fake eyelashes and wouldn`t answer my questions. When the Dr. finally came into the room, the only thing she said was that my son is hyper because he`s an only child! I actually waited an hour and payed for them to tell me something I obviously already knew. I`m a nurse and I`m completely appalled not only by the lack of knowledge but utter disregard for their patients. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PEDIATRICIAN!

|  Love Lowcountry Pediatrics!!  |  show details
by hrd12011983 at Citysearch on Jul 22nd, 2011 on citysearch.com

I know sometimes every visit to any doctor, my very own or my childrens sometimes isnt the fastest and from the last couple of reviews I just felt like I should set Lowcountry Pediatrics straight, we love it there!! The doctors and nurse practitioners are very knowledgeable and helpful. They get you in and out in a very timely manner for the most part!!I would recommend Lowcountry Pediatrics to anyone of my friends or family! They are great and they take more time wyou in comparison to some of the newer pediatric offices around this area!!Try them out, you wont be disappointed!

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  excellent Dr`s if you don`t mind being forgotten in a room  |  show details
by mother24 at Citysearch on Apr 5th, 2011 on citysearch.com

My daughter was born mid 2010 from the get go I was not impressed with the office staff. SEVERAL times we have sat in the waiting room for 45 min only to be taken into an exam room to sit and sit and sit in excess of 1 hr only to be informed \"hmm I guess you were forgotten\". Dr. Pogue is WONDERFUL if only her staff were half as good I might not be switching. The nursing staff seems to be more interested in talking about there personal lives to other staff while you stand there with your child feeling invisible. When staff was asked what the wait was after waiting 1hr in an exam room we were treat VERY rudely and made to feel like we had done something wrong. Excuse me but if Im on time in fact early its not my fault I have been forgotten in a room with a child who is running a fever 100.0. If you dont mind rude staff and LONG wait times this is your office.

|  Did not have a good experience  |  show details
by kstern4481 at Citysearch on Jan 13th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I had my first baby in January of 2010. I picked this office due to its close proximity to my house and after reading the other reviews on this site. I scheduled a newborn check-up with Dr. Pogue 2 days after we were discharged from the hospital. When I was put in the room, I was told that Dr. Pogue was not in the office and that my baby would be examined by a nurse. I was disappointed that I would not be meeting the doctor I was supposedly going to be bringing my baby to see throughout his childhood, but I was sure I was in capable hands with a nurse who sees babies and children all the time. Unfortunately, I was sadly mistaken. The nurse I had told me she \"was not too happy\" about my baby`s weight loss, even though I was told by the staff at the hospital and later by another pediatrician that his weight loss was perfectly normal and was nothing to be concerned about as long as he regained it in 2 weeks. I asked her simple questions about breastfeeding and she responded by telling me she didn`t know much about it and that she could refer me to a consultant if I really wanted those questions answered. Of course, this consultation would have cost me money, so instead I posed my questions to both my OB and another pediatrician who were able to easily answer them for free. I educated myself quite a bit about child care before my baby was born, but of course I still had some questions these questions were either not answered at all or answered with an attitude. I left the clinic feeling like I wasn`t doing a good job taking care of my child! That day, I called my OB, who told me I was doing just fine with breastfeeding and not to worry about anything. She referred me to Parkwood Pediatrics and they are absolutely WONDERFUL! If I had had the chance to actually meet Dr. Pogue, maybe I would have felt differently since I seem to be the only one who has had a bad experience that has reviewed this office, but I think it speaks volumes that she wasn`t even in the building for a scheduled appointment and that she employed such a curt, unpleasant, and unknowledgeable nurse.

|  Caring Doctors & Staff  |  show details
by Bekahbay on Mar 9th, 2010 on citysearch.com

I had taken my new born son to two different places before I found this one. It`s a bit out of my way but worth it for my son to be treated like a kid not an object. The doctor was great, the staff were wonderful. They seem to actually care about the well being of my child. He`s been to two appointments with them and I`ve had no complaints!

by ajldac on Jun 11th, 2009 on citysearch.com

I started taking my daughter to this practice when there was just Dr. Pogue and one PNP, now to my understanding there are two doctors and two PNP's. I will just say that 3 out of the 4 are really nice. The other has no bedside manner, and got visibly

by kendall21 on Mar 11th, 2009 on citysearch.com

the doctors here are great they take the time with your kids and make sure they can do anything to help.

May 21st, 2007 on yahoo.com

Awful: Always waited at least an hour to see the doctor, even with first morning appointment, rude office staff that discussed other patients loudly enough for the entire waiting room to hear.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
May 15th, 2005 on yahoo.com

The best pediatrician: Dr. Pogue is the best pediatrician in Goose Creek. She was there from day one with my son until he was almost 2 and we moved to Michigan. Now that we are back, if she took Medicaid patients anymore we would be going there, both of t

Read Full Review at yahoo.com