Dr. Zohair Alam MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 11th, 2016
I have been a patient for a few years now, the front desk especially Michelle is always a breath of fresh air. Very professional and multi tasks without missing a patient coming thru the door. I first was with Dr Love & now Dr Alam, with great bedside manner. Appreciate the time spent with me and not rushed thru consultation time. I would trust them with any family member of mine!

February 19th, 2016
I cannot rave enough about how great and helpful everyone is in this office. I'm more than pleased with the outcome of my operation. I'm definitely recommending the practice to everyone.

November 14th, 2015
I have been coming to see Dr. Alam for years. He has always been informative and listens to my concerns before recommending a course of action. The front office staff are quick and friendly and Steve is a godsend. The new location is great and thanks for not having to pay for parking. Well done everyone!

October 28th, 2015
Came into Dr. Alam's office with hip pain. Was given a steroid injection, obviously in the wrong area, as it didn't alleviate the pain one iota. Steroid injections that I've had in the past in other areas of my body have ALWAYS worked. I even told him where I felt he should give me the injection, but he did it his way. He referred me to PT, & was told he evidently should have listened to me. Upon leaving his office, I asked him when he would like to see me again. This was his response: "No need for a follow-up". WHAT??? Are you kidding me? I came to the ultimate conclusion that because I was a Medicare patient, he didn't want to be bothered with me. Bottom line, I'm too much of a Christian to say what I REALLY think of him!!!

November 5th, 2013
Dispassionate, impolite, jerk
Came with chronic back spasms and a history of cervical spine issues. After a long wait, he spent maybe 10 minutes with me providing nothing that I hadn't tried before, i.e., don't exercise, exercise, take a hot bath. Suggested nothing as a probable cause and barely looked at my back. Suggested that if I really had pain I wouldn't be able to do any of the activities I do--but just because I can tune it out doesn't mean it's not there and it isn't daily wearing me out. I paid a lot for parking, a co-pay, and no doubt my insurance company will be billed for absolutely nothing a general practitioner could have offered--or your Aunt Agnes. Been going to this practice when Dr. Michaels was the doctor and he was wonderful. Took time to listen to his patients and actively looked for ways to help. Don't go to this doctor. Repeat, avoid this guy like the plague.

August 12th, 2011
The most beautiful person as he is, knows his job well.!! I must say if you do not disclose what is wrong with you(patient) then it is not the doctors mistake to keep secrets from them. People have to come to doctors as they are aware of your whole body as God has created it in the similar way you will let the doctors know of yourself coz they know your ins and outs of your sickness and health and will be able to diagnose. If it had'nt been for him I would have been ending up in a neglected operation of my shoulder diagnosed by another doctor, and I made an appointment just to see him at his silver spring office driving all the way from Ohio to Maryland just to consult him and take a second opinion from him. It was just so easy that only exercise was necessary and not a surgery!!! Bravo Doctor Alam you saved my shoulder and now I am able to do lot of work and lift my shoulders and the trigger fingers, inflamation and all the bad things to my body disappeared. Together with Dr. Laura Khandgley they both worked on my case and I am healthy with no pain no inflamation. That's what i call treatment. The best doctors hats off to you both!!!!

May 17th, 2011
Wonderful Dr.

February 28th, 2011
BEST ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON EVER
DR ALAM IS AWSOME HES A CHARMING CARING AND COMPASSIONATE DR HE TAKES TIME OVER QUOTA HE EXPLAINS TO YOU WHAT YOUR CONDITION IS AND HOW IT CAN BE FIXED HIS LAST OPTION IS SURGERY AFTER ALL OTHER METHODS ARE EXAUSTED I WOULD NOT HESITATE TO RECOMMEND DR ALAM TO ANYONE THAT I KNOW ACCTUALLY HE IS THE FIRST DR THAT COMES TO MIND WHENEVER SOMEONE SAY THERE IN PAIN

January 17th, 2011
Overall experience was very positive. Dr. Alam's thoughtful review of my case prevented my having a surgery that would not have solved the problem.

October 20th, 2010
Review /Opinion Dr Alam
Dr Alam is respectful and caring. He is gentle as some of the things necessary to treat orthopedic problems are not pleasant. I recommend him to my family.

September 30th, 2010
needs to hire office staff with couth
on the first visit, it seemed like everything was on the up and up with the exception of the one obnoxious front desk clerk who appears to run everything. i thought maybe she was talking to someone who was slightly deaf as loud as she talks. you can hear her while sitting in the back rooms. the x-ray tech was not friendly and it appears that he has to always take another x-ray because the first one doesn't/didn't come out right. The one guy i thought was a Dr. walks around in a white coat as if he's going tell you some good news. not sure of his purpose as of yet. when it's time to schedule your follow-up appt. it appears there's another young lady that just sits there and waits for the loud mouth assistant to give her the green light to do her job.

July 7th, 2010
terrible office staffs
Office staffs and technician were terrible, very mean and treated us like we are stupid. Not sure how they are still employeed. Dr Alam was nice but still not enough to make up the awful treatment we got from his office staffs.