Dr. Zuri Murrell MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

February 24th, 2015
Disappointed and will never return
We arrived early for our appointment and had nobody ahead of us. I signed in and there were no other names before us. We sat politely waiting for our turn to be called to turn in the paperwork they had emailed to us in advance. When a different patient came in, also with his paperwork in hand, he was brought right in after having his paperwork taken and checked. We asked why he had gone in first, but were told only that we would all be taken care of promptly. We were put into an examination room and a nurse took our basic information. They then closed the door and left us there for more than 45 minutes. We asked what was happening and were told the doctor was seeing other patients. We never saw the doctor. We felt we had been discriminated against and would never get fair treatment, no matter how long we waited. We decided to leave without seeing the doctor and plan to get an appointment with a different office. In our view, that office is 100% prejudiced and discriminating against people.

November 14th, 2011
Great first visit! Dr. Murrell and the entire staff were warm and friendly. They made me feel relaxed and eased my concerns about my uncomfortable reality. I experienced minimal wait time. Everything was explained thoroughly. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Murrell.

June 4th, 2011
surprisingly great experience
I was very nervous,and embarrased about my problem. Dr. Murrell immediately made me feel comfortable, and correctly diagnosed me. Even though he is not part of my insurance plan, I will continue to see him.

May 12th, 2011
one of your patients
Dr. Zuri is a wonderful Dr. unfortunetly he does not spend enough time with me and both times I have experienced discomfort.

April 13th, 2011
What a Sweetheart!
Dr. Murrell is very kind, understanding, and he listens. I had been in severe pain due to an anal fissure. I saw 7 other doctors who didn't seem to understand the unbearable, debilitating pain the fissure was causing. The moment I described my problem, Dr. Murrell said right away, "I know how painful fissures are and I'm going to give you something to help." Every other doctor either misdiagnosed me or treated me as though I just needed to buck up and endure the pain until I healed...in 6-8 weeks. Dr. Murrell is also very knowledgeable and explained all my options, both surgical and non-surgical and the pros and cons of each. He was highly recommended by the GI doctor who referred me.

February 4th, 2011
Patient
I love Dr. Murrell. He has a positive attitude and great bedside manner. He did surgery on me and I was happy with the results and the follow up appointments. I went to him knowing that he was not in the Anthem network.

September 17th, 2009
Great experience
Going to get a rectal exam can usually be quite unpleasant. Dr. Murrell made it so easy, comfortable and not awkward as it possibly can be and for that I was really surprised. He explained every step of the procedure, so there were no surprises. Everything was done in a very gentle way and felt less intrusive than what I have experienced with other doctors.