Dr. Milind Tilak MD Patient Reviews

3.3
  • 12 reviews

February 22nd, 2016
Dr. Tilak treats me for 4 herniated disc. He uses injections and prescriptions and makes my life and pain more manageable. I highly recommend him if you have any kind of back pain. Appointments are easy to obtain and the staff is fantastic.

July 31st, 2015
The Jiffy Lube of Doctors
It's strictly business there. Billing is the main priority and patient care is a distant second. The staff is completely apathetic and can get agitated when you ask basic questions, I've been billed for services that never happened like lab work, and had medication I was unable to refill because the office forgot to call it in. They are close by and accept my insurance, but this is a terrible practice. In the past year I've only seen the actual Dr. Tilak once.

December 14th, 2014
Pain &Family
Takes time with me and explains things if I don't understand. Makes me feel at ease. When I'm in pain because of my arthritis, he asks if I would like pain medicine. I usually say no, because they make me feel like a "zombie" That's not me. I don't like that feeling. I would recommend him as a pain management DR.

October 3rd, 2013
He is a primary and pain specialist not a drug dealer
While the media gives attention to people who abuse prescription medications, many patients suffer for the abuses of others. But doctors are under enormous pressure too. If they treat the wrong patient, despite all due diligence on their part and the patient drink or abuse the patient could die but the doctor can get into trouble. Again - despite due diligence. Junkies need not apply here. He does his due diligence, thankfully. Chronic pain is a miserable existence as it is but dealing with the ignorant just compounds it. With a good doctor the patient and the doctor must have a trust. That takes time. Drug tests every visit, monthly or bi-monthly. If you abuse pain meds, he is certified to treat addiction, if you are looking for a dealer - he is not the doc for you. Thankfully.

September 17th, 2012
great dr
great dr who takes the time to listen to you and explain what is going on every step of the way and does not try to do anything you dont need , i am very happy

February 2nd, 2012
Chronic pain is a nightmare - help very limited here - no one hears or cares
Over a decade long CPP. I feel under served and not heard. Went from managing a life to 99% homebound and he doesnt care, liability is #1 primary concern, not patient. Despite very low dosage and over a decade in pain from accident (no legal issues or history to prevent receiving decent care). Not a bad guy (PA is very good guy too) but money does seem more important to DR MEL than patient care/life. Follow all his rules, tried everything he suggests, zero options if things arent working "oh well" the attitude. Part is fear all docs/pharmacies face since pain med panic by media, fewer good docs in this area of medicine to chose from and these guys know you have no options. So any care is better than none. Wish I could get my life back, at least to where I was before I started with him I could function more than now. Sadly, previous doctor left Pain MGT because of fear too. Leaving many between a ROCK >me< HARD PLACE

January 27th, 2012
Failed To Notify Me About Low Liver Enzymes
Dr. Tilak was my PC, before I changed Primary Care physician, this week. Their practice at the Middleburg location is a complete joke. They have a reputation around the area for push pain pills like candy. I don't want pain medication. I WANT A REAL DOCTOR.They have sent medical bills threatening collection and credit notices FALSELY to my house. Only to later apologize on their mistake. They have sent me (adult male) a referral letter for orthopedic to Neymour's children hospital. BOZO the CLOWN could run better practice.The front office personnel play doctor by saying my Complete Metabolic blood panel was "all normal". However, when requested to have a copy of the results my liver enzymes were NOT in the normal range.I feel like crap and they have no clue about health. Going to find a real Doctor.Dr. Mel Tilak is never there. Office is run by a Physician's assistant and a bunch of office personnel who do not have a clue. My son wasHowever,

September 27th, 2011
morphine addiction
went 2 see him for opiate addiction started me on suboxone been doing grate for 5 months drug test 1 a month fromt ladies are rilly nice my.i talked my brother to go see him about his addiction problem and he has helped us allot our lives have changed for the better and i think god for suboxone and doc mel

November 24th, 2010
I have been a patient with Dr Mel over3 years for a chronic back injury caused by a auto accident. He requests to give cortizones injections once a month even when not necessary. He will write you a prescription for the exact day to return on your follow up visit. He does not like to work with people who have to change their schedules to their job or any emergency. Since the change of the Insurance companies, doctors performing procedures not needed to get more money so insurance companies have placed a cap on some situations. I noticied that the patient is immediately treated differently because he is not getting paid like he was before. So you are not important of shall say feel priority.The staff is half and half, depends who these ladies personalities. I give him only one star. There is always a long waiting time to see him or his PA. You have to be on time. No longer than 15 min then they request for a reschedule; However, they will have you wait up to an hour . About 40-50 min with a appointment. I do not see many minorities. Mostly causen patients. That has always concerned me. Recom for a free consult and make your own judgement after your third visit.

November 7th, 2010
They do not care about pt. it is all about the money

September 1st, 2010
Dr. Mel Tilak has been wonderful. If you need an appointment immediately, they do absolutely everything possible to get you in as soon as possible and usually it is within a day or two that you call. I would certainly recommend him to anyone.

January 16th, 2010
Back Injection
Have fun at this doctor for back pain, because he will just cause more. My leg and foot are still numb from the injections he gave me 3 weeks ago! (not the first time.)