Premiere Nephrology Group
- Internal Medicine |
- 1400 S Grand Ave Los Angeles, CA 213-748-1414
Doctors in Premiere Nephrology Group
The Overall Average Patient Rating of Premiere Nephrology Group when asked is excellent. Premiere Nephrology Group has been reviewed by 4 patients. The rating is 4.8 out of 5 stars.
The average wait time to see a doctor at Premiere Nephrology Group as provided by patient reviews is unknown . By comparison, the national average for a pre-vist wait time is 21 minutes.
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
- Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
- Tufts University School Of Medicine
Health Insurance Accepted
- Molina Healthcare
- LA Care Health
- Health Net
- Regional Top Doctors
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center Burbank, CA
- Sherman Oaks Hospital Sherman Oaks, CA
- St Francis Medical Center Lynwood, CA
- Beverly Hospital Montebello, CA
- California Hospital Medical Center Los Angeles, CA
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Los Angeles, CA
- Pacific Alliance Medical Center Los Angeles, CA
- Long Beach Memorial Medical Center Long Beach, CA
- Community Hospital of Huntington Park Huntington Park, CA
- Methodist Hospital of Southern California Arcadia, CA
- Glendale Memorial Hospital Glendale, CA
- Valley Presbyterian Hospital Van Nuys, CA
- Good Samaritan Hospital Los Angeles, CA
- Greater El Monte Community Hospital South El Monte, CA
- PIH Health Hospital-Downey Downey, CA
Information about group practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment.
Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine.
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.
Benefits of Group Practice
- Access to doctors from various disciplines for referrals and advice
- Better coverage on weekends and off-hours
- One-stop clinics for comprehensive care and testing