Family Associated Med Group Inc.
- Family Medicine
- 767 S Sunset Ave West Covina, CA 626-337-7204
Doctors in Family Associated Med Group Inc.
The Overall Average Patient Rating of Family Associated Med Group Inc. when asked is excellent. Family Associated Med Group Inc. has been reviewed by 18 patients. The rating is 4.1 out of 5 stars.
The average wait time to see a doctor at Family Associated Med Group Inc. as provided by patient reviews is 10 minutes. By comparison, the national average for a pre-vist wait time is 21 minutes.
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Medicine
- Western University Of Health Sciences
Health Insurance Accepted
- First Health
- United Healthcare
- LA Care Health
- Health Net
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition
- On-Time Doctor Award
- Patients' Choice Award
- Citrus Valley Medical Center / Queen of The Valley Campus West Covina, CA
- Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center Mission Viejo, CA
- Saddleback Memorial Medical Center Laguna Hills, CA
- Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center Fountain Valley, CA
- Mission Hospital Laguna Beach Laguna Beach, CA
- Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical Center Fountain Valley, CA
- Garden Grove Hospital & Medical Center Garden Grove, CA
- Placentia - Linda Hospital Placentia, CA
Information about group practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment.
Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine.
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.
Benefits of Group Practice
- Access to doctors from various disciplines for referrals and advice
- Better coverage on weekends and off-hours
- One-stop clinics for comprehensive care and testing