Irvine Family Practice
- Family Medicine |
- Adult Care
- 14150 Culver Dr Irvine, CA 949-552-4584
Doctors in Irvine Family Practice
Additional Doctors at Irvine Family Practice
The Overall Average Patient Rating of Irvine Family Practice when asked is excellent. Irvine Family Practice has been reviewed by 159 patients. The rating is 4.5 out of 5 stars.
The average wait time to see a doctor at Irvine Family Practice as provided by patient reviews is 17 minutes. By comparison, the national average for a pre-vist wait time is 21 minutes.
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Medicine
- Adult Care
- University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
- Mcmaster University
- University Of Colorado School Of Medicine
- Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
- Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Health Insurance Accepted
- BCBS Blue Card
- United Healthcare
- Blue Shield California
- Patients' Choice Award
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition
- On-Time Doctor Award
- Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award
- Top 10 Doctor - City
- Orange County Global Medical Center Santa Ana, CA
- Placentia - Linda Hospital Placentia, CA
- Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center Fountain Valley, CA
- Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical Center Fountain Valley, CA
- Northridge Hospital Medical Center Northridge, CA
- Providence Holy Cross Medical Center Mission Hills, CA
- Chapman Global Medical Center Orange, CA
- Simi Valley Hospital Simi Valley, CA
- Scripps Mercy Hospital - Chula Vista Campus Chula Vista, CA
- Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center Thousand Oaks, CA
- Sharp Memorial Hospital San Diego, CA
- Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital Valencia, CA
- Huntington Hospital Pasadena, CA
- Scripps Memorial Hospital-Encinitas Encinitas, CA
Information about group practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment.
Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine.
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.
Benefits of Group Practice
- Access to doctors from various disciplines for referrals and advice
- Better coverage on weekends and off-hours
- One-stop clinics for comprehensive care and testing