Saddleback Family & Urgent
- Family Medicine |
- Emergency Medicine
- 22855 Lake Forest Dr Lake Forest, CA 949-452-7544
Doctors in Saddleback Family & Urgent
The Overall Average Patient Rating of Saddleback Family & Urgent when asked is excellent. Saddleback Family & Urgent has been reviewed by 17 patients. The rating is 4.5 out of 5 stars.
The average wait time to see a doctor at Saddleback Family & Urgent as provided by patient reviews is 33 minutes. By comparison, the national average for a pre-vist wait time is 21 minutes.
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
- Family Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
- University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Health Insurance Accepted
- Health Net
- United Healthcare
- Molina Healthcare
- First Health
- Patients' Choice Award
- Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award
- Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center Mission Viejo, CA
- Saddleback Memorial Medical Center Laguna Hills, CA
- Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center Fountain Valley, CA
- Mission Hospital Laguna Beach Laguna Beach, CA
- Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical Center Fountain Valley, CA
- Garden Grove Hospital & Medical Center Garden Grove, CA
- Saddleback Memorial Medical Center-Laguna Hills Laguna Hills, CA
Information about group practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment.
Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine.
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.
Benefits of Group Practice
- Access to doctors from various disciplines for referrals and advice
- Better coverage on weekends and off-hours
- One-stop clinics for comprehensive care and testing