Mission Surgical Clinic
- Bariatric Medicine
- 3660 Park Sierra Dr Riverside, CA 951-278-8870
Doctors in Mission Surgical Clinic
The Overall Average Patient Rating of Mission Surgical Clinic when asked is excellent. Mission Surgical Clinic has been reviewed by 1 patient. The rating is 5.0 out of 5 stars.
The average wait time to see a doctor at Mission Surgical Clinic as provided by patient reviews is unknown . By comparison, the national average for a pre-vist wait time is 21 minutes.
Bariatric medicine focuses on the causes, prevention and treatment of obesity. Bariatric specialists are trained in medically supervised weight loss and the management of obesity as a chronic condition. These specialists are skilled in various disciplines that help patients lose weight and obtain optimal health.
The field encompasses dieting, exercise and behavioral therapy, anti-obesity medication, pharmacotherapy and surgery. Bariatric specialists might be from surgical backgrounds and perform obesity-related operations or they might be nutrition and hormone focused, prescribing diet and exercise plans as well as weight loss medications.
Patients defined as obese or having unhealthy Body Mass Indices (BMI) have much greater risk of heart disease, diabetes, asthma, sleep apnea, hypertension, many types of cancer and chronic musculoskeletal problems.
One subspecialty of bariatrics is the focus on the correlation between obesity and mortality.
- Bariatric Medicine
- Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Health Insurance Accepted
- Blue Shield California
- BCBS Blue Card
- Blue Cross California
- Data not available
- Inland Valley Medical Center Wildomar, CA
- Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center Mission Viejo, CA
- Saddleback Memorial Medical Center Laguna Hills, CA
- Redlands Community Hospital Redlands, CA
- Corona Regional Medical Center Corona, CA
- Hemet Valley Medical Center Hemet, CA
- Parkview Community Hospital Medical Center Riverside, CA
- Orange County Global Medical Center Santa Ana, CA
- Sharp Memorial Hospital San Diego, CA
- Menifee Valley Medical Center Sun City, CA
- Riverside Community Hospital Riverside, CA
- Placentia - Linda Hospital Placentia, CA
Information about group practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment.
Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine.
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.
Benefits of Group Practice
- Access to doctors from various disciplines for referrals and advice
- Better coverage on weekends and off-hours
- One-stop clinics for comprehensive care and testing