Colton Medical Offices
- Family Medicine |
- 789 E Cooley Dr Colton, CA 909-370-7860
Doctors in Colton Medical Offices
The Overall Average Patient Rating of Colton Medical Offices when asked is excellent. Colton Medical Offices has been reviewed by 15 patients. The rating is 4.8 out of 5 stars.
The average wait time to see a doctor at Colton Medical Offices as provided by patient reviews is 10 minutes. By comparison, the national average for a pre-vist wait time is 21 minutes.
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Family Medicine
- University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
- Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Health Insurance Accepted
- Diabetes Recognition Program
- Patient-Centered Medical Home
- Heart/Stroke Recognition Program
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition
- Patients' Choice Award
- Kaiser Permanente Fontana Medical Center Fontana, CA
- White Memorial Medical Center Los Angeles, CA
- Redlands Community Hospital Redlands, CA
- Hemet Valley Medical Center Hemet, CA
- Parkview Community Hospital Medical Center Riverside, CA
- Kaiser Permanente Moreno Valley Community Hospital Moreno Valley, CA
- Community Hospital of San Bernardino San Bernardino, CA
- Sharp Memorial Hospital San Diego, CA
- San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital Banning, CA
- Chino Valley Medical Center Chino, CA
- Riverside Community Hospital Riverside, CA
- Eisenhower Medical Center Rancho Mirage, CA
- John F Kennedy Memorial Hospital Indio, CA
- Desert Regional Medical Center Palm Springs, CA
- San Antonio Regional Hospital Upland, CA
Information about group practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment.
Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine.
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.
Benefits of Group Practice
- Access to doctors from various disciplines for referrals and advice
- Better coverage on weekends and off-hours
- One-stop clinics for comprehensive care and testing